• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why am i not using this team more?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
I went through my old teams and came across this one. So far, it's actually a pretty good team I made and not truly standard. I've decided to share with you guys this team as it's doing a pretty good job for me right now.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Quiet / Inner Focus
252 Atk/252 SpA/6 Spe
Draco Meteor
Earthquake
ExtremeSpeed
Fire Blast

It's anti-lead Dragonite. He hits everything pretty hard and actually has some decent bulk to him. He fairs up quite well to most leads (Swampert is the only one so far that I stake him out against). ExtremeSpeed is just down and outright amazing. Inner Focus stops all those Fake-Out guys and he actually doesn't mind being tricked a Choice Scarf. He's a pretty awesome dude.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Calm / Torrent
252 HP/160 Def/6 Spe/92 SpD
Stealth Rock
Ice Beam
Surf
Grass Knot

He's the one who gets SR up. He's got a bulky build allowing him to come in on Dragon types easier. The three attacks give him fairly good type-coverage. His typing though is really what shines, it's so good. His typing makes him bulkier than his stats say he is. He's just one hell of a penguin.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed / Sturdy
252 HP/114 Atk/144 Def
Gyro Ball
Explosion
Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes

The little circle of doom himself. Gets rid of any entry hazard and is very good at stopping BP chains. He is there only for team support and does an awesome job at it. He can soak up hits and be annoying. He may not do much but he always comes up big when I need him to.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Adamant / Poison Heal
50 HP/252 Atk/208 Spe
Spore
Seed Bomb
Focus Punch
Stone Edge

My standard Breloom set. Spore is annoying to deal with and I go 3 attacks to deal with free switch-ins (or so they think). Focus Punch is beastly, Seed Bomb has STAB, and Stone Edge hits those flying types trying to switch in. There really isn't much I can say but he's a beast.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Bold / Levitate
252 HP/168 Def/90 Spe
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Overheat
Will-o-Wisp

He has great synergy with Empoleon. Making him bulkier allows for staying power. He's no weakling so power isn't an issue. Will-o-Wisp really hurts Tyranitar switch-ins and other physical sweepers who would switch into Rotom. The three attacks give him great type coverage. He's a little oven also, so I guess that makes him cool.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Careful / Torrent
252 HP/42 Def/216 SpD
Curse
Waterfall
Earthquake
Avalanche

Ahhhh, Cursepert. Once he gets a curse up, he ***** everything and becomes one tough SOB to take down. His attacks give him great type coverage and add to his awesomeness. He comes in great help for late-game sweeps.

Well, there you have my team. It's doing a pretty good job tonight (I haven't lost yet, so I'm like 7-0 with this team right now). Do whatever you want for suggestions. And now I leave you with great thanks for all the help that may come.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Payback is probably going to be better than Gyro Ball on Forry since ghosts will switch into it a lot to spinblock.

Your team is pretty slow so I'd say either scarf something or give Rotom Discharge instead of Thunderbolt.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i really don't find speed that much of an issue since this team doesn't have anyone frail, no one is OHKO'd and dragonite does a very good job at revenge killing

i'll try payback on Forry and see how that goes as both Payback and Gyro Ball are result in the same number of moves to KO opposing ghost pokes (mainly rotom and gengar)

haha, the one where you quit when i burned your latias? haha

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you're right, but i haven't seen mixape in a few months

don't most of them run u-turn now anyways?
i'm dumb

mood4food77

Smash Hero
wow, infernapes arent' carrying as Nasty Plot as much, what gives?
should i scarf rotom and give it trick over WoW?

cause that seems to be the most viable change as i really don't know if i can remove the synergy

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
You could replace Cursepert with Vaporeon. It wouldnt cover up your Grass Knot weakness but standard LO Mixape cant hope to 2HKO it with Grass Knot. You will however gain a bit of a DDtar weakness if you do, so you should watch out for that. Its not that Vappy cant beat him but rather you would have to rely on wish/protecting at least once to not lose to it and if it calls your protect and DDs you could be in trouble. That said if it's running standard Crunch/Fire Punch/Stone Edge you still have Empoleon to rely on.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
cursepert actually beats CM latias who would otherwise sweep my team quite soundly

so basically, it's choosing between being weak to latias or being weak to mixape
also, mixape can't switch in as easily as latias can

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you have a point

i'll try it, but my team lacks physical attackers outside of breloom, but i'll try it

would this work:
Vaporeon @ leftovers
Bold / Water Absorb
188 HP/252 Def/68 Spe
Wish/Some other move
Toxic/Protect
Surf
Ice Beam

it makes great wish support and using toxic allows it to beat out latias quite well, and it's an amazing infernape counter

what do you think?

ss118

Smash Master
If the lack of physical attackers bothers you use Superpower over Earthquake on Dragonite.

I feel it's better anyway as it has more neutral coverage(Gyarados/ Mence don't lose 0% coming into it), more base power, and it can hit Blissey if they think they're cute.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
you have a point

i'll try it, but my team lacks physical attackers outside of breloom, but i'll try it

would this work:
Vaporeon @ leftovers
Bold / Water Absorb
188 HP/252 Def/68 Spe
Wish/Some other move
Toxic/Protect
Surf
Ice Beam

it makes great wish support and using toxic allows it to beat out latias quite well, and it's an amazing infernape counter

what do you think?
I think you oughta try HP Electric if you're planning to stick with Vaporeon.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i've played around with vapo and it's working out quite nicely

where would HP electric go, it's not there for sweeping, more for team support, toxic beats stall and wish is really useful in general

i might change rotom-h to a scarf set so i have some form of a revenge killer

mood4food77

Smash Hero
still didn't answer what move i would use it over
-_-

i think i might just change rotom to the scarf form

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
still didn't answer what move i would use it over
-_-

i think i might just change rotom to the scarf form
Well if you're not using it to sweep, I take it you're keeping Wish and Toxic/Protect, right? I wanna say Ice Beam but then you'd have nothing against Salamence or Dragonite. And STAB from Surf is always nice. Personally, since I already have Ice-type moves on some others on my team, I replaced Ice Beam for HP Electric. But really, it's your call here.

Top Bottom