• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Projectiles < or > Whose?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
So a week er two ago, I noticed that our Side B (Pikmin Toss) stop all of Samus's Projectiles and or beat them. Even her fully charged Neutral B was reduced to mere nothingness. To me, that was da shez. I then assumed, that we had the best projectile in the game. I was wrong :drsad:

This thread is here to clarify, what we can and can not beat, as far as projectiles go. If I have missed anything or you have something to add, feel free to let me know. Don't be scared to check up behind me. I did check these a few times so I don't expect many of these to be wrong.

KEY​
  • RED means we can not beat it. But, we can nullify said move. Kinda like a clank.
  • BLUE means we can beat it. What I mean by this, is our projectile not only nullifies theirs, BUT it keeps going on the path it was thrown, with no changes in its arc. imo, its handy to know what moves this can happen to.
  • PURPLE means only purple can beat it. When it comes to beating stuff out. This will be your prime pikmin when going up against projectile happy characters. The other pimin will only nullify the other projectiles.
  • BLACK means our pikmin get shez'd on aka we lose. There is only one character that has this ability, so that's a relief.
NOTES​
  • It doesn't matter if your pikmin has a leaf, bud or a flower.
  • Yellow is the hardest of all the pikmin to use in this fashion because of their arc. But, because of the arc, it can be easier to land on projectile happy characters.
  • When a pikmin beats another projectile, but it's sent sky high, just whistle and you will get them back much sooner, then waiting for them to come back to earth. They come back pretty fast, so you won't have to be scared without your buddies.
[collapse=OPEN AT YOUR RISK]
Fox
Neutral B
I don't get how we can beat moves with more DMG, hitstun, knock back, YOU NAME IT and yet, we can not beat this move lol

#TopTierMagic

Falco
Neutral B

Wolf
Neutral B

Lucario
Neutral B (Fully Charged)

Lucas
Side B
Up B( Since im doing this solo atm, I couldn't test this out)

Ness
PK fire
When pikmin collide with this, pk goes off.

Up B( Since im doing this solo atm, I couldn't test this out)

Pit

Mario
Neutral B

Luigi
Neutral B (This is multicolored because, purple and red pikmin are the only ones that beat this move)

Kirby
Up B

Peach
Down B

Squirtle
Neutral B
Down B

Charizard
Neutral B
Yellow arcs over this move, Red goes right through, Purple is stopped. The rest are knocked back.

Bowser
Neutral B
This is the same as zards. The bite knocks pikmin off however.

Ivysuar
Side B

Sheik
Down B (only 1 needle is needed to beat all pikmin)

Yoshi
Up B

King Dedede
Side B(variations)
  • Waddle Dee
  • Doos
  • Gordos
NOTE
White Pikmin can block only 3 minions before they die.
Link
Neutral B (purples lose if this is fully charged)
Side B
Down B

Toon Link
Neutral B ( when pikmin walking back, if they walk on this they will fall, if they aren't a purple or red. You can whistle to chance this out. Sometimes the arrow will disappear if a pikmin walks a certain distance. Yellow might be able to work, but, because of the arc i couldn't hit it.)
Side B
Down B?
I'm not sure about this. When I threw a purple at a bomb, it exploded and then flopped around in the air, kind of like it did a uair after touching the bomb. I think Tinks bomb beats our side B. I'm not sure if the flopping can actually hurt people or not, but it does go up and to the side towards the direction the bomb came from.

Samus
Neutral B (reguardless of the charge)
Side B (Red and purple pikmin only beat this move. The rest stop it in its tracks.)
Homing Missile Side B (red and purple pikmin again)
ICE PROJECTILES
Side B (this one is a little weird. Your pikmin will beat this but, the distance after it hits the side B will be shortened.)
Homing Missile Side B

Diddy Kong
Neutral B (even if its fully charged purples will win)
Banana (down B)

ZSS
Neutral B (yellow, red and purple beat this move)
^Fully Charged

ROB
Neutral B
Down B

MR.Game & Watch
Neutral B idk how you get super bacon so I didn't test that. Purple and red stop it.

Snake
Neutral B
uh.. Your pikmin hit it and both get knocked back, the grenade will go off and if your pikmin is caught in the explosion, they will be sent sky high. I guess this is a draw?
Side B
This move stops all of your pikmin dead in there tracks. They aren't put to sleep but they do progressing forward and come right back to you.

Pikachu
Neutral B (yellow and purple beat this, the rest stop it)

Mewtwo

[/collapse]

Last edited:

SouthernGent

Smash Cadet
Thank you for posting this it was very helpful and is a great reference because I have been just throwing pikmin and hoping to beat projectiles up until now

Blue Mage

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neoceus
3DS FC
1762-2875-1153
For King Dedede:
Purples will go straight through Waddle Dees and Doos, knocking them away and hitting D3 if he's close enough. Any other color will knock back the Dee or Doo, but will be sent flying in the
process. White Pikmin can block only 3 minions before they die.

For some odd reason, when throwing leaf Purples in the air, there's a chance they won't go through the minion and get knocked away. I have no idea what causes it, but most of the time they'll go through.

Also, all Pikmin completely destroy Gordos, but they'll get knocked away.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
For King Dedede:
Purples will go straight through Waddle Dees and Doos, knocking them away and hitting D3 if he's close enough. Any other color will knock back the Dee or Doo, but will be sent flying in the
process. White Pikmin can block only 3 minions before they die.

For some odd reason, when throwing leaf Purples in the air, there's a chance they won't go through the minion and get knocked away. I have no idea what causes it, but most of the time they'll go through.

Also, all Pikmin completely destroy Gordos, but they'll get knocked away.
Added this in~ Thx for your contribution!

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
How on earth can pikmin clank out ROB's lasers? They travel through everything except stages, and have transcendent priority

GeZ

Smash Lord
How on earth can pikmin clank out ROB's lasers? They travel through everything except stages, and have transcendent priority
We space now? Could it have anything to do with Pikmins absorption properties? I think in brawl pikmin were immune to what element they represented, so red being unaffected by fire, blue water, yellow lightning. I'm not sure if that carried over but what I do know is that I've used side B into Mario's fireballs and all but red pikmin were deflected. I've also thrown pikmin into pikachus neutral b and had all but yellow pikmin knocked away.

Top Bottom