• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I really think Spak is tonally pure. Is that his angle as scum? My memory banks can't go back that far. Lore and why I flipped on my opinion is circumstantial. My big huff-puff whatever you wanna call it where I voted him and showed hypocrisy was a bit of a test. I don't remember if I mentioned this in my quotewall but something I noted about Lore is that he is quickly dismissive of his own pursuits based on how much someone shoves him. First it was Spak, then Marshy, but he didn't do the same with me. His dismissal of those two like that was concerning to me, and he actually shoved me back instead.

Why? I've been trying to figure it out. I admit a lot of my thoughts are extremely biased. That seems to be a trend this game, but it's true. I'm biased because of my own circumstance. I don't see how Spak/Lore interact there first thing of the day as scum partners. I'm not infallible and it's not an appeal to anyone, I've just been interested in my own priorites and trying to play my own game. If this is what has gotten me this close to a lynch as an uncc'd PR, I'm down to be humbled.

#HBC | ѕoup

It really riles me when Ranmaru says I'm not scumhunting or anything like that btw, because I think there's equity in trying to determine who's town just as much as scum, and even if that seems to be my angle it's valid. When I have trouble pushing scumreads, I default to try and make sure my townreads make it through the day because perhaps that can show (if I'm right) scum are trying to dissuade others.

I've said it before I'll say it again: Ryker/Kevin/Tom I think I'm wrong on one here, as in..one of them I think should be scum. This is not an option today.

Lore/Ran/Spak/Gorf are my townreads. I don't think all of these are right. I don't think anyone in this game assumes they are 100% right. I talked about how I felt Ran/Lore could make sense more as mates if I'm wrong on Lore, so right now I'm kinda hoping to go that way because I could just be giving Ran bad passes for being Ran.

Kary/Marshy/Pythag are my scumreads. I feel more passionate about determining my townreads than I do my scumreads at this point, and I get that seems ass backwards but it's how I feel. Marshy is here right now but lord knows throwing **** at him hardly gets him to pivot. Kary is actively responding to me at the least. Pythag Pythag uh sup? What'd you think of Spak's case on you I guess?

#HBC | ѕoup

Bit busy atm but will be here sporadically. Don't expect large replies.

My two wagon priorities are Soup then Spak, in that order. Massively prefer the Soup one.
I hope you realize all I've done is defend you despite the fact none of your play makes sense.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
The other option, is that a few people could turn a corner and start showing their towniness in order that we could build a sufficiently large town circle. Right now I still have a lot of questions on certain slots that aren't easily resolved.
put them out there plz

a lot of ppl seem like they dont know what the **** to do rn. kind of annoying cuz i feel like im about to call the play when i wanted to b more lowkey. but no ones doing ****

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
kary

how would you feel about oranges wagon if he flipped town?

question to anyone: does spak normally tunnel as town? is his big post last page in his wheelhouse?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
this doesn't explain anything.

also, doop wasn't waggoned at all until the very end of the day, so I feel like that's a bad comparison.
its a gut feeling. no more to say

i disagree. i vaguely remember a few ppl looking doops way. there may not hav been votes early on him but there was sentiment against him and a feeling that there was scum between me n him

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Vote: Soup
Ran what do you think of my recent big post:

I think we could get the votes for Soup today, would just need Ryker and Ranmaru to switch over, but I feel like that's a result many people wouldn't like, and is fundamentally letting scum dodge a bullet if soup does happen to be legit. yes they could have a roleblocker for him but that requires them to at least commit some resources towards him. I can see letting him live to tomorrow at least, although this does kind of mess up our momentum.

The Orange slot I really don't like in general. I feel like they've fumbled almost everything they have done this game and it kind of makes me feel like it is the first time Spak has ever been mafia and he has no idea what to be doing. The one thing that gives me pause is that I think it's strange of them to avoid (and by avoid I mean not join or push) the lore/soup waggons if they are scum... but in general Orange is a slot that absolutely deserves to get lynched and so I would be happy to vote them if I didn't have certain other people volunteering themselves instead.

If both Spak and soup are town, frankly, I'm mad, because I don't think that gives me any good leads whatsoever and puts us at poor odds to win this game. For example, I don't think Gorf is bussing Spak, but if Spak is town, I really have no clue on Gorf. His play has essentially just been textbook to me, it's very argument-focused and it's hard for me to actually get a read off of that. I could see him being scum and just positioning himself well.

I don't think Lore is scum, I think he's just a liability. I'm prepared to be wrong on this but I'm just not really sold on it yet. I would love to hear more argument about this because I feel like a lot of people have him in their 'can go' pile but without anything particularly damning.

In fact frankly its a bit weird that after the soup v lore argument, people generally liked soup more, then after soup claimed... seems like there ought to be more of a backlash onto Lore that hasn't really happened?

As I'm typing this and thinking about it, I feel like what we ought to do is disassemble the soup waggon entirely for today and go from there. This current situation doesn't tell us anything. Of course, if Lore is town, again it's going to be tough, but we at least need to stir the pot some at this point.

The other option, is that a few people could turn a corner and start showing their towniness in order that we could build a sufficiently large town circle. Right now I still have a lot of questions on certain slots that aren't easily resolved.

Anyways, Unvote

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The play is right under our noses. Vote Soup.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Have you decided how you feel about Me/Lore yet or are you still ignoring this dance with me.
you guys can both die

if i knew we had a vig id go lore and shoot you so wed have the safety net of your role reveal being made public in the case that youre town. ive got issues with spak but he might b a tunneling townie and i hav an idea that the game makes more sense if theres other scum pushing him

#HBC | ѕoup

you guys can both die

if i knew we had a vig id go lore and shoot you so wed have the safety net of your role reveal being made public in the case that youre town. ive got issues with spak but he might b a tunneling townie and i hav an idea that the game makes more sense if theres other scum pushing him
OK but which one do you want to die more. Your vote is on me right now iirc

I'm willing to vote Lore on self-preservation/tinfoil reasons

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i admit id feel dumb as **** if soup dies today and we flushed an oracle result down the toilet

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think your post is asking "What if Soup is town?" while forgetting his actions and then deciding what to do based on that. What makes change your mind?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It really riles me when Ranmaru says I'm not scumhunting or anything like that btw, because I think there's equity in trying to determine who's town just as much as scum, and even if that seems to be my angle it's valid. When I have trouble pushing scumreads, I default to try and make sure my townreads make it through the day because perhaps that can show (if I'm right) scum are trying to dissuade others.

I've said it before I'll say it again: Ryker/Kevin/Tom I think I'm wrong on one here, as in..one of them I think should be scum. This is not an option today.

Lore/Ran/Spak/Gorf are my townreads. I don't think all of these are right. I don't think anyone in this game assumes they are 100% right. I talked about how I felt Ran/Lore could make sense more as mates if I'm wrong on Lore, so right now I'm kinda hoping to go that way because I could just be giving Ran bad passes for being Ran.

Kary/Marshy/Pythag are my scumreads. I feel more passionate about determining my townreads than I do my scumreads at this point, and I get that seems *** backwards but it's how I feel. Marshy is here right now but lord knows throwing **** at him hardly gets him to pivot. Kary is actively responding to me at the least. Pythag Pythag uh sup? What'd you think of Spak's case on you I guess?
You're just repeating yourself, though. That's not scumhunting, it's closer to timewasting.

#HBC | ѕoup

You're just repeating yourself, though. That's not scumhunting, it's closer to timewasting.
Shows the wear I've gotten from this ****ing day honestly. Waiting to see what marshy does before I cement my vote and count my luck

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I think your post is asking "What if Soup is town?" while forgetting his actions and then deciding what to do based on that. What makes change your mind?
I'm concerned that I'm falling into the trap of wanting him to be scum, rather than actually believing he is scum.

Also I think we could lynch him tomorrow for pretty much the same amount of value.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
His reaction to your claim is very positive but doesn't really make sense, when your reaction does not seem like a frustrated townie.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
put them out there plz

a lot of ppl seem like they dont know what the **** to do rn. kind of annoying cuz i feel like im about to call the play when i wanted to b more lowkey. but no ones doing ****
I don't know why you would need me to call out the people I feel are null / not contributing ? Shouldn't that be kind of obvious?

I mean, you are one of them. You're definitely taking a backseat this game and I don't really like your position on either the Lore or Soup waggons.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
also

if oracles **** goes thru before a kill then one idea is to lynch lore/spak then blast soup if we hav a vig. it clears up the wagons while still getting soups oracle result
even more swag idea: soup can oracle spak. then all 3 wagons are resolved one way or another

only thing is if we get *********** by potential rb

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm concerned that I'm falling into the trap of wanting him to be scum, rather than actually believing he is scum.

Also I think we could lynch him tomorrow for pretty much the same amount of value.
I am wondering why you are re-evaluating this game. Last game you sunk your teeth on Lore and this game you seem more reasonable.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I don't know why you would need me to call out the people I feel are null / not contributing ? Shouldn't that be kind of obvious?

I mean, you are one of them. You're definitely taking a backseat this game and I don't really like your position on either the Lore or Soup waggons.
no

you said you had questions for ppl. ask them

#HBC | ѕoup

I want to see this answered.
It's in my quotewall. I just liked his intitative to come into the game the way he did. He had a ton of hot takes and wasn't afraid to call **** like he saw it.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag uh sup? What'd you think of Spak's case on you I guess?
I tbh I thought it was kinda weak. I don’t mind that he finds me scummy, it kinda happens every game.

I found his case and posting more scummy the further it went. Ryker had a great like 3 sentence summary a few posts back “Gorf Pythag is scum pls understand” and that’s kinda all it looked like to me.

At least you admit that your read on me is based on gut than my play, he seems to be taking it further than that. So I’ve been reading him as scummier.

@marshy what do you make of FF claiming that soups play is characteristic of floundering / desperate townie?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
@marshy what do you make of FF claiming that soups play is characteristic of floundering / desperate townie?
i dont like it. he should kno that ate is firmly in soups wheelhouse as either alignment

Fandangox

Smash Lord
If some of you guys don't really want Soup to be the play Today, then it should be Lore me thinks, the other option is Spak, which is a slot I've admittedly been neglecting due to the Lore/Soup wagons.

Top Bottom