• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
How many scum are we assuming there are in this game?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
To have a better idea of how many scum I should be looking for. That's it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I dont agree with FF and Pythag about Gorf's comment about being town. I think its null and I dont like that they think its scummy.
Tbh the Marshy/Doop early D1 bit made me realize that I don't need to have a paranoid stick up my butt about early game jokes, so I can agree with this.

To have a better idea of how many scum I should be looking for. That's it.
Yeah but it's a really weird time to be suddenly asking it. What made you decide to do it now instead of earlier?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
When you say "my votecount mistake" do you mean you really intended to hammer Ryker?

I'm around guys but my reads haven't changed much.

I dont agree with FF and Pythag about Gorf's comment about being town. I think its null and I dont like that they think its scummy. I also know/remember that Ranmaru said he was going to post way less after getting railed for posting so much last game and so I dont like FFs assessment of Ran either.
Oh my god, man. I don't care! You shouldn't care either! It was RVS! I seriously am getting interrogated about when I've addressed it in ten different ways. The whole reason I pivoted in the way I did is because I had a serious attempt to read Spak and thought people would get that IT WAS A JOKE. Hindsight 20/20!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's not. I've had the thought through-out the day, I just now asked it. Your line of questioning is not going to gain much when it is a simple question to better help my reads. I don't think the timing matters, it can be asked at any time. I'm leaving it at that. I'd appreciate an answer from someone though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soup, you haven't finish your conversation with myself and Gorf asked you questions relating to Spak. I'm interested in your continued response.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I still think soup is a good direction for today and this is why:

1. he has no direction and isn't scumhunting. maybe you like his interaction with lore; but that was a reaction on soups part.

Oh no I have Ranmaru who's trying to play like Kary and then Kary who's trying to pay like Kary both suspecting for obstinate and obtuse reasons :laugh:
2. this post by soup made me think the following: he already knows the people voting for him are town.
he's frustrated about catching heat early in the game but he doesn't see it as an opportunity to get reads on the people voting for him.

soup's play so far is completely consistent with scum playing damage control.

#HBC | ѕoup

1. he has no direction and isn't scumhunting. maybe you like his interaction with lore; but that was a reaction on soups part.

2. this post by soup made me think the following: he already knows the people voting for him are town.
he's frustrated about catching heat early in the game but he doesn't see it as an opportunity to get reads on the people voting for him.

HOly ****ing ****

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
It's not. I've had the thought through-out the day, I just now asked it. Your line of questioning is not going to gain much when it is a simple question to better help my reads. I don't think the timing matters, it can be asked at any time. I'm leaving it at that. I'd appreciate an answer from someone though.
I think this is about as good of an answer as I'm going to get, so I'm going to drop it. Currently taking the question-asking as null, there's not much to go off of.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

I agree. He does seem pretty upset about all this, but I'm choosing to ignore it as an AtE.

#HBC | ѕoup

A DISSERTATION ON WHY THE PUSHES ON ME ARE INCREDIBLY STUPID AND YOURE ALL BAD FOR ANYONE VOTING ME:

IMAGINE ME. I COME INTO THE THREAD AND SEE SOMETHING SPAK DID THAT CATCHES MY EYE. I POST ABOUT IT BECAUSE ITS LIKE HEY, I WANNA TALK ABOUT THIS. I SCROLL UP AND SEE MARSHY TALK ABOUT HOW ****POST-Y THE GAME IS AND THINK 'OH, SO I CAN MAKE A FUNNY JOKE ABOUT VOTING RYKER THEN? THAT WILL GET ME LIKES AND PEOPLE WILL THINK ITS FUNNY.' I VOTE RYKER AS A JOKE, A FARCE, A ****ING HOOPSYWOOPSY IDK WHAT TO CALL IT. I NOTICE THAT I MAYBE SHOULD'VE CHECKED THE VOTECOUNT AND SCROLL BACK TO SEE RYKER ACCUMULATED A GOOD AMOUNT OF VOTES BUT NOT ENOUGH TO ACTUALLY LYNCH HIM SO I CONTINUE MY JOKE AND SAY 'OH LOL I HOPE I DIDNT ACTUALLY HAMMER HIM'. I FEEL I'M NOT COMFORTABLE HAVING RYKER SIT AT L-1 SO I ALSO SAY 'I WANNA BE THE ONE TO SLAM DUNK HIM'. THESE ARE ALL TIMELY AND PERFECTLY REASONABLE JOKES THAT I SLOTTED IN BECAUSE THEY WERE APPROPRIATE FOR THE SITUATION.

WE ARE NOW 11 PAGES IN AND I HAVE ACCULUMATED 4 VOTES AND PEOPLE DISSECTING A PLAY THAT WASN'T EVEN INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT. PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE FACT YOU ARE TRYING TO LYNCH SOMEONE FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED IN RVS. SERIOUSLY THINK ABOUT IT.

thank you

#HBC | ѕoup

I never thought I would ever have to explain an obvious joke in a Mafia game, let alone get pushed for it.

You'll get your responses later I'm out

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kary, do you think Soup might be scum with Spak? I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but I do notice that he hasn't finished talking to me or Gorf but cared more to reply to Tom (which comes off as as him blowing things out of proportion). I thought by this point in time he'd have a direction or at least a firmer stance on Spak but he's tiptoeing around him.

#HBC | ѕoup

How's the view from the Ivory Tower kary?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
A DISSERTATION ON WHY THE PUSHES ON ME ARE INCREDIBLY STUPID AND YOURE ALL BAD FOR ANYONE VOTING ME:

IMAGINE ME. I COME INTO THE THREAD AND SEE SOMETHING SPAK DID THAT CATCHES MY EYE. I POST ABOUT IT BECAUSE ITS LIKE HEY, I WANNA TALK ABOUT THIS. I SCROLL UP AND SEE MARSHY TALK ABOUT HOW ****POST-Y THE GAME IS AND THINK 'OH, SO I CAN MAKE A FUNNY JOKE ABOUT VOTING RYKER THEN? THAT WILL GET ME LIKES AND PEOPLE WILL THINK ITS FUNNY.' I VOTE RYKER AS A JOKE, A FARCE, A ****ING HOOPSYWOOPSY IDK WHAT TO CALL IT. I NOTICE THAT I MAYBE SHOULD'VE CHECKED THE VOTECOUNT AND SCROLL BACK TO SEE RYKER ACCUMULATED A GOOD AMOUNT OF VOTES BUT NOT ENOUGH TO ACTUALLY LYNCH HIM SO I CONTINUE MY JOKE AND SAY 'OH LOL I HOPE I DIDNT ACTUALLY HAMMER HIM'. I FEEL I'M NOT COMFORTABLE HAVING RYKER SIT AT L-1 SO I ALSO SAY 'I WANNA BE THE ONE TO SLAM DUNK HIM'. THESE ARE ALL TIMELY AND PERFECTLY REASONABLE JOKES THAT I SLOTTED IN BECAUSE THEY WERE APPROPRIATE FOR THE SITUATION.

WE ARE NOW 11 PAGES IN AND I HAVE ACCULUMATED 4 VOTES AND PEOPLE DISSECTING A PLAY THAT WASN'T EVEN INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT. PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE FACT YOU ARE TRYING TO LYNCH SOMEONE FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED IN RVS. SERIOUSLY THINK ABOUT IT.

thank you

I mean play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Fandangox

Smash Lord

thank you
Vote: Soup

Lore or Soup should definitely be town's play today. I think we get very good info on the other depending on the flip.

#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker You are currently voting Soup, but it was mostly to equalize the wagons. Where's your head as of now?

KevinM KevinM Are you still only voting soup for the almost hammer of Ryker? Give me a readlist. Include everyone.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer

thank you
youre ****ing cringe dude

play the game or replace out. youre ****ing up the day phase regardless of alignment. last game it was a bunch of fools protecting obvious scum jtb, this one is you throwing a temper tantrum

stop this **** or get the **** out

#HBC | ѕoup

youre ****ing cringe dude

play the game or replace out. youre ****ing up the day phase regardless of alignment. last game it was a bunch of fools protecting obvious scum jtb, this one is you throwing a temper tantrum

stop this **** or get the **** out

see my claim

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soup I'm curious why you make a big deal out of early game but you haven't really been doing much else.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup I'm curious why you make a big deal out of early game but you haven't really been doing much else.
Because I have pride, man. Being lynched over a joke is a huge bout against my pride.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Do you really think THAT is what you are being voted over?

It may have been the catalyst, but really if you are town calm down, re-analyze the current state of the game, and think why do you have people voting you right now.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm gonna be oracleing Kary cause his push has no weight now and he's been townread for the dumbest ****ing reasons

My game now :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soup, I'd actually like a reads list now. Or at least, give me three scum picks.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Like I asked you for a readlist 3 or 4 pages ago, asked twice, still refused to do so and then go an tamtrum

WhY iS eVeRyOnE VoTiNg Me

**** man, I wonder

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup, I'd actually like a reads list now. Or at least, give me three scum picks.
I'm kinda like thinking off adrenaline and I know it sounds biased but let me reiterate you ****s know exactly how to push my buttons and don't care if I get mislynched because I can't control my temper. One is definitely Kary, and I think you're wrong on Spak for reasons I was hoping to get into, and his push on Pythag is actually pretty solid and I was thinking of voting them. I like Gorf/FF and then marshy/Ryker gets solved later in the game. Get rid of Pythag/Kary and you probably get one if not both. I haven't thought about a 3rd quite yet.

#HBC | ѕoup

I hesitated on kary because I would think 'Ok, I've dropped reasons now and I'm tryna do ****' and then he comes in and is like huururrrr da joke vote xD! found scum!!!11

#HBC | ѕoup

Like I asked you for a readlist 3 or 4 pages ago, asked twice, still refused to do so and then go an tamtrum

WhY iS eVeRyOnE VoTiNg Me

**** man, I wonder
Why do readslists matter so much? They're so easy to fake, man. I'd say scum are more willing to give them because it takes 0 thought to randomize a bunch of people and think of bull**** reasons. I get it's about credibility but scum love faking credibility because it gives them more room to push bad lynches under the pretense of muh reads

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'm kinda like thinking off adrenaline and I know it sounds biased but let me reiterate you ****s know exactly how to push my buttons and don't care if I get mislynched because I can't control my temper. One is definitely Kary, and I think you're wrong on Spak for reasons I was hoping to get into, and his push on Pythag is actually pretty solid and I was thinking of voting them. I like Gorf/FF and then marshy/Ryker gets solved later in the game. Get rid of Pythag/Kary and you probably get one if not both. I haven't thought about a 3rd quite yet.
why do you like gorf/ff and why do you feel ryker has to wait til later in the game? flesh this out

#HBC | ѕoup

why do you like gorf/ff and why do you feel ryker has to wait til later in the game? flesh this out
Tone for Gorf, it's funny because the post FF made about not liking Gorf was the one I liked cause I felt that in my soul. This is not substantiated this is just going off my brain, I was trying to get things together in my head and I think you know this too cause we've played off-site twice now. Ryker won't let me have a read on him despite voting me

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker You are currently voting Soup, but it was mostly to equalize the wagons. Where's your head as of now?
A few inches from a hamburger.

Realistically, I think a lot of the Lore/Soup interaction is ****ing useless. You have a situation with Soup doing stupid **** and then getting angry about being pressured for doing stupid ****. I need to dig further into his explosion, but my primary issue with Soup is his original sin with that vote. I don't care if it was a joke or not.

He either

A.) Didn't know what the votecount was and is lying about that being a joke.

or B.) Put a slot at L-1 that could easily accrue a gag vote and die.

It's ugly.

Conversely you have Lore and I've read a lot of what's come out of Lore's mouth as not alignment indicative, like Soup. My biggest problem is holy **** but that Soup push from Lore seems forced. The join vote and the bits of conversation I've seen from them make it look like either a bus or opportunistic as **** and I hate it.

Again, I have skimmed the **** out of those two because reading them causes my eyes to glaze over. I intend to rectify that either late tonight or tomorrow. I'll update both of these reads then.

Top Bottom