• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's your off-main?

J2_

Smash Cadet
There are some MUs that Mewtwo is simply terrible with, so it's a decent idea to have another character to whip out against Shiek, ZSS, Palutenua, etc.

I'm trying to decide between R.O.B., Lucario, and Sanic, but I'm curious about what you guys have up your sleeve.

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
I main marth, but he is rather bad, so I use Sheik sometimes.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
:4kirby: is actually a great secondary, as he does much better a against the rushdown characters that mewtwo struggles with. ie: :4falcon::4fox::4zss::4sheik:
also mew2 beats the zoners kirby struggles with, so it is a mutual relationship.

:150:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I use :4charizard:; not so much for matchup coverage as because he's the character I'm most confident in apart from Mewtwo.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
My off-main tends to change about a bit, but right now it's Bowser - sounds dumb because he probably has worse MUs than the Koops do, but it seems to work for me. lol

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Diddy kong and Shulk. Very technical characters rather then good secondaries.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Second main would be :4charizard: for the same reason i play :4mewtwo: :
Both simply being my favorite videogame characters from childhood.

I don't think Charizard can cover Mewtwo's bad MUs, so i'll just fight harder. (...yes, i know, easier said than done.)

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I'm a dual Marth/Mewtwo main! I tend to use Marth a lot more nowadays though. He suits my playstyle more.

D

Deleted member

An ideal secondary should be fairly easy to use while covering a lot of bad matchups. If you're going to secondary a technical character, you're going to need to invest a lot of time into both your secondary and main.

Sonic, Mario, Ness, and Captain Falcon are all good secondaries. Maybe Fox, but I'm not too sure on his difficulty.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I just use Ike and Donkey Kong with Mewtwo because I love their characters.

I also casually use all of the Fire Emblem crew.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
I use :4charizard:; not so much for matchup coverage as because he's the character I'm most confident in apart from Mewtwo.
Second main would be :4charizard: for the same reason i play :4mewtwo: :
Both simply being my favorite videogame characters from childhood.

I don't think Charizard can cover Mewtwo's bad MUs, so i'll just fight harder. (...yes, i know, easier said than done.)
You two are the best, using the two characters with the best tails, meanwhile, I, the TailLover, am trying to use Cloud and Mewtwo...I'm a fraud haha.

So yeah, I'm trying to use Cloud as a main with Mewtwo as a secondary.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
You two are the best, using the two characters with the best tails, meanwhile, I, the TailLover, am trying to use Cloud and Mewtwo...I'm a fraud haha.

I want to be good with Charizard, but I can't get into his playstyle. Charizard was one of my favorite Brawl characters. I use Charizard in fun battles, for screwing around.

I'd never consider myself a Charizard main, though.

It's hard not to like Char. He's definitely grown on me quite a bit since 1998. They actually changed Char's design quite a bit over the years.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643

I've always had appreciation for a nice tail. =)

I want to be good with Charizard, but I can't get into his playstyle. Charizard was one of my favorite Brawl characters. I use Charizard in fun battles, for screwing around.

I'd never consider myself a Charizard main, though.

It's hard not to like Char. He's definitely grown on me quite a bit since 1998. They actually changed Char's design quite a bit over the years.
Charizard really is a royal pain in the butt to learn, I have to say. The main things that take time are learning his safest pokes, his anti-juggling measures, his spacing, and not side-B'ing off of the ledge. XD

That said, he's so much fun once you get the hang of him. He's especially good when custom moves are allowed.

Last edited:

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
I've always had appreciation for a nice tail. =)
Excelent, tails are amazing, especially Charizard's and Mewtwo's tails, the best tails in smash by far

You use Yoshi in brawl it seems, he also has a nice tail when he's attacking with it :p

Charizard really is a royal pain in the butt to learn, I have to say. The main things that take time are learning his safest pokes, his anti-juggling measures, his spacing, and not side-B'ing off of the ledge. XD

That said, he's so much fun once you get the hang of him. He's especially good when custom moves are allowed.

Charizard is rather tricky to use but is a lot more effective than people think. He has some matchups that are rather good, and others that are downright unwinnable. If you plan to use Charizard at all, you NEED a secondary.

godogod

Smash Ace
An ideal secondary should be fairly easy to use while covering a lot of bad matchups. If you're going to secondary a technical character, you're going to need to invest a lot of time into both your secondary and main.

Sonic, Mario, Ness, and Captain Falcon are all good secondaries. Maybe Fox, but I'm not too sure on his difficulty.
Haven't mained Mario since brawl and that was ages ago. Went back to use Dr Mario from melee. Now if they can only buff Dr mario's dash speed and recovery.. ;_;

Last edited:
Top Bottom