• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's using Classic Controller

Vampire_Marth

Smash Cadet
Okay who's going to use a classic controler. I might use it seeing that it will have the same controls as a gamecube controller. But i dont want to leave the gamecube controller in the past. What controls are u guys going to use?

MeleeFan25

Smash Cadet
going to stay with the gamecube controller, i got the most out of that controller for smash, but the classic controller seems like a good choice also

RickettsZ22

Smash Cadet
I am going to be using the Classic Controller. I just don't believe that you can beat the SNES style controller and its just like that but better. I just don't like the way that the GCN controller is laid out. I know that it was faithful during Melee but i think the CC controller is going to be good. I also thinkn that people who play competitive are going to need to use the GCN controller because I don't think that they are going to allow wireless, but thats a different thread. I like the classic but you don't know untill you try, but I'm defitily during the up control stick jump of making tilts way easier and then mapping it so i can still do the DJC with Ness easier.

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
Wii Remote or Wii Remote w/Nunchuck are the only options I have...

I didnt play the Gamecube Smash... Didn't have a Gamecube (Hopefully that helps me, since I didn't get used to the Gamecube way of playing)

I'm not going to buy the Classic Controller unless I decide to get some old school games, and I'm not going to buy the Gamecube Controller just for this game, either.

I would like to see the default control settings for all the controller styles... The Dojo only has the full settings for the Wiimote alone. I hear the Wii Mote alone is better than people expected (But not that great) and I dont know the control settings for the Wii Mote with Nunchuck....

COLDshiver

Smash Cadet
it's kinda early to say, well because I haven't played Brawl yet lol. I've looked at controller configs and it feels really solid. I will be trying all 4 styles but I think I will be residing with the Classic, unless doesn't turn out to be so good. I don't have a wavebird so classic is the first choice. If not, you can't go bad with the gc :D

madcow3000ca

Smash Rookie
I'll be using GC Controller because its the best one hha. You can just order one off ebay or amazon if you can't find a good incondtion used one.

Svkv

Smash Cadet
GC controller. My fingers are used to it and react faster.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
I am going to be using the Classic Controller. I just don't believe that you can beat the SNES style controller and its just like that but better. I just don't like the way that the GCN controller is laid out. I know that it was faithful during Melee but i think the CC controller is going to be good. I also thinkn that people who play competitive are going to need to use the GCN controller because I don't think that they are going to allow wireless, but thats a different thread. I like the classic but you don't know untill you try, but I'm defitily during the up control stick jump of making tilts way easier and then mapping it so i can still do the DJC with Ness easier.
what the... you dont like GCN? its like... THE perfect smash set up haha i'll PROBABLY stick to cube...but they are difficult to find and a CC is the same price as a GCN so i may decide to convert. i bought one just in case

seamus

Smash Rookie
I have both but the gamecube controller fits my hands better and I would probably miss the rumble when using the classic controller. I'll use all four control schemes at one point or another.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
ill be using the inverse wii mote. ill just with A shile with 2 and run backwards with + foward

LOL ill play using claw style hand technique

SanjiWatsuki

Smash Cadet
I tried the Classic controller to no avail. A combination of the fact that the controller style was new and foreign to me and that I was using Olimar for the first time may be why I hold the controller with such distaste in Brawl.

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
ok so today i played brawl for the first time ever with my friend and i was excited but got owned 90% of the time mostly because of the classic controller (the wii one) that im not used to at all i was pressing X for B sometimes and i bought that controller because people say that you have to click the shield button ALL the way down on the GC controller i really prefer the GC controller but i also don't want to have to click the L or R all the way down for the shield to come out...

SOO how do i "mod" my controller so the L and R buttons don't have to be clicked all the way down...plz someone tell me (do i have to take the buttons of and take out the springs or somethin?? i don't want to F up my controller so if anybody could tell my how plz do)

wakka444

Smash Ace
I plan using the CC it feels nice and makes clawing more comfortable not too mention the adaptability it has with the custom controls. Personally I would confuse myself trying to change the controls on GCN.

Top Bottom