• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who's ur back up char and why?

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
well, we all know that our captain's now at the bottom tier of the roster(so far)
many of us still main him no matter what other ppl say.
but when u go to tourny, rn't there always some chars that u hate to fight against or u just thought that it'll takes less effort to fihgt them if u use this "sub main"

so who's ur sub main? and why do u use them
for me,
my sub mains r r.o.b. and ike
they help a lot when i face zelda, pikachu main

ps. let's also hope that ppl will discover some really useful falcon techniques in the future so we can falcon all the way in the tourny lol

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
My backup character is Captain Falcon :)

Seriously, it's hard to main the ol' cpt. nowadays. Sure, at first there was the novelty of destroying people with a low-tier character, but it's becoming a rarity now. There simply isn't that much fun in it for me seeing what used to be a god getting spammed to death by a freaking electric rodent.

That being said, I'll never drop Falcon altogether. I'll ditto any falcon player, and I almost use him exclusively in 2v2s. There's still the fun factor of kneeing someone in the face.:)

Ps: I main 4 characters (in no particular order): Ike, marth, fox, Link.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
While I might not main him, I think I'll replace ROB with him, now that my friend has abandoned falcon, I can finally use him:laugh:! He only plays as ROB now, and I hate using what he uses.

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
I main Falcon for great justice, and play the following characters for fun otherwise:

- Ganondorf
- Snake
- Ike

None of them are top tier or particularly good against Falcon's bad matchups, I prefer to just suck up the bad matches and get good at them with Falcon anyway.

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Falcon is my fun-time character, along with ness, DK, fox, bowser, ganondorf, ice climbers, pikachu, and PT. I prefer Donkey Kong and Olimar, those are my mains.

Top Bottom