• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's the worst director of all time?

Warioman123

Smash Apprentice
IMO, it's Uwe Boll. Not only does fail at directing, he's also a real @$$hole. I even made a song about him. In 2nd is Michael Bay. Who do YOU think is the worst director?

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Jason Friedburg and Aaron Seltzer. If you don't know who they are, good.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Rocky Morton, or whatever idiot directed the Mario movie.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Michael Bay.

In his career, he did "The Rock," "Transformers," "Bad Boys 1 AND 2," and "The Island." In "The Island," Scarlett Johansson offered to go topless and Michael Bay declined. The guy can do explosions, but his concept of story, dialogue, and actual direction is awful.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Hey, I enjoyed the rock!

But yeah Michael Bay is terrible, those movies could of been better if he had any sense of story. The Rock was only fun because of Shaun Connery.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hey, I enjoyed the rock!

But yeah Michael Bay is terrible, those movies could of been better if he had any sense of story. The Rock was only fun because of Shaun Connery.
Agreed, the rock was a great movie. Shaun Connery did make it though.

The barber thing was hilarious.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Michael Bay's hit or miss for me. I enjoyed Transformers and Bad Boys (the first one).

I would say that Uwe Boll is unequivocally the worst director ever.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
lmao. did u see plan 9 remake is in the works o.O I haven't checked up on it, so I hope they're still doing it

Spire

III
BRoomer
lmao. did u see plan 9 remake is in the works o.O I haven't checked up on it, so I hope they're still doing it
I think I saw something about that. I have no idea if it's still in the works, but I am thoroughly excited about the new "Land of the Lost" movie. I was raised on Sid & Marty Krofft's old 60's and 70's television shows (H.R. Pufnstuf being the absolute best). That, and the Batman Animated Series.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Jason Friedburg and Aaron Seltzer. If you don't know who they are, good.
IMO, it's Uwe Boll. Not only does fail at directing, he's also a real @$$hole. I even made a song about him. In 2nd is Michael Bay. Who do YOU think is the worst director?
i agree with both of you that those guys and they are also my worst directors, except micheal bay, transformers was all right

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Hey, I enjoyed the rock!

Oh his seven major movies, including "The Rock," "Armageddon," "The Island," "Bad Boys (1 and 2)," Transformers," "Pearl Harbor," two are only considered good - "The Rock," which had amazing actors such as Sean Connery, Nicholas Cage, and John C. McGinley, among others, and "Transformers," which had a lot of explosions and people liked it (I hated this movie).

"The Rock" was good, but people rarely even remember that he did that one.

Seriously, don't put Uwe Boll. It's common sense that he is an awful director. Watching stuff with him though, he's a pretty good guy, so I feel bad for him being so ****ty.

MBreeto

Smash Ace

lmfao this.

And then we have that schmo who directed the Dragon Ball movie.
The only thing "heh-worthy" that could come out of that movie is if they put an "over 9000" joke in it like Xmen put a "I'm the Juggernaut *****" reference in theirs. And still, it wouldn't be enough to make me pay to see it.

D

Deleted member

Worst: Piglet's Big Movie director. I fell asleep during it.
Best: Stanley Kubrick/Miyazaki
Stanley Kubrick wins though, because of the sheer awesomeness of Full Metal Jacket.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
^ good (Full Metal Jacket) because I thought you were going to say The Shining, which I personally think is overrated, even though Jack Nicholson played his role really well

D

Deleted member

I've only seen bits and pieces of The Shining. I like some of his other films as well, Lolita, Spartacus, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and others.

I like Full Metal Jacket because of the hilarious part at the beginning where Sergeant Hartman is making fun of Private Pyle. The mood then shifts to creepy when Pyle goes insane and kills Hartman. Then the actual war part is awesome because it's not about how war is evil, it's about how war really is.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I loved Full Metal Jacket. It wasn't you're typical war movie and when I saw Pyle go insane for the first time, it was amazing, because I never saw it coming.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
Uwe Boll. I think he purposely fs up video game franchise movies. Super Mario Bros could not have been executed more poorly.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Uwe Boll. I think he purposely fs up video game franchise movies. Super Mario Bros could not have been executed more poorly.
Well if you think about it, Mario shouldn't really be made into a movie. There's no depth to the story aside from saving a princess. If anything, a good representation of a Mario movie would be a murderfest and extremely fast-paced

Top Bottom