• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's the next god slayer?

Who will be the next godslayer (player to take a set off of all the 5 gods)?

• Plup

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • SFat

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Westballz

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Axe

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Shroomed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
So I found this article on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/35ce5v/list_of_all_nongods_to_beat_gods/
After seeing recent vids on youtube of all the gods losses over the past years it got me thinking. Assuming PPMD comes back this year (hopefully soon) who is gonna be the next player outside of the gods and leffen to beat all of the gods? I know a lot of top players have yet to take a set off of Armada and he may be the gatekeeper but I'm curious who everyone thinks will be the next godslayer. And if so can it happen this year? Feel free to share thoughts.

Dehyped

Smash Rookie
Definitely "Other."

If I had to guess I would wager my bets on Ice, Wizzy or maybe even an up-and-coming player like Syrox. Surprised to not see any of them up there on the list.

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
Definitely "Other."

If I had to guess I would wager my bets on Ice, Wizzy or maybe even an up-and-coming player like Syrox. Surprised to not see any of them up there on the list.
I thought about making the voting list bigger but I couldn't figure out where to cut it off bc there are players like Wobbles who just need to beat Armada but still feel super unlikely so I decided to just keep it as the MIOM top 10 players. I could see someone like PewPewU or Wizy as well.

atara

Smash Cadet
Smash G0d's Summit blurb says he' thinks he could beat Armada if he gets a rematch. I have a suspicion he'll end up meeting the Fox but it's always cool to see new players aim high lol

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Plup is essentially a god even tho the term "the gods" is reserved for those specific 5 players. Someone could go undefeated at every major for 3 years, he still wouldn't be the 6th god.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Smash G0d's Summit blurb says he' thinks he could beat Armada if he gets a rematch. I have a suspicion he'll end up meeting the Fox but it's always cool to see new players aim high lol
Smash G0d's been playing since 05 so he's not that new. He took a game off of Armada, which is the only god he's ever beaten.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
But its not like he has only been playing for the las like 6 months... hes been playing for like 2 years and it took him that long for him to get good, and at the level that he's at it will take a lot to even penetrate top 25, let alone top 10.

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
With netplay, 20XX, and more tournaments than ever I think there are a lot more tools now than even a few years ago. I honestly believe it is still pretty hard for a player to be like bam 1 year top 10. But someone like Syrox i could see easily being top 20 this year then like top 10 by next year. Not that I'm rooting against the gods but it would just be nice to see grand finals be something other than mango/hbox vs armada.

JFB (JurgaBurgaFlintines)

Smash Apprentice
With netplay, 20XX, and more tournaments than ever I think there are a lot more tools now than even a few years ago. I honestly believe it is still pretty hard for a player to be like bam 1 year top 10. But someone like Syrox i could see easily being top 20 this year then like top 10 by next year. Not that I'm rooting against the gods but it would just be nice to see grand finals be something other than mango/hbox vs armada.
Exactly my thoughts.

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
Who does Westballz have to beat? Armada?
He might have to beat Mew2King as well. I know he's taken M2K to game 5 before and has taken a game off of him numerous times. Not to knock M2K but needing to beat him isn't that huge of a hurdle. Like if he could get a set off of Armada he can surely get a set off of M2K as well.

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
Nah syrox is still improving rapidly. He looks insanely promising atm.
You gotta remember though, he's not just improving, he's also catching up, which is a lot easier than improving, other people have already put the paving in place for him. Now we have to see what he will do when he's forced to make his own paths.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You gotta remember though, he's not just improving, he's also catching up, which is a lot easier than improving, other people have already put the paving in place for him. Now we have to see what he will do when he's forced to make his own paths.
He's already starting to do that imo.

IPML

Smash Rookie
I love watching Axe's pika, but I honestly wonder what he'd look like with a serious top tier character. His Falco looks pretty nuts from what I've seen on youtube, and I honestly feel like he has the talent to take it to the next level. With that being said I have to say I love seeing someone play Pika at high levels.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
I love watching Axe's pika, but I honestly wonder what he'd look like with a serious top tier character. His Falco looks pretty nuts from what I've seen on youtube, and I honestly feel like he has the talent to take it to the next level. With that being said I have to say I love seeing someone play Pika at high levels.
The thing about Axe is he's not just a really good Pika player... His falco like ipml said is really really goo, his Marth is actually really good too, and he actually has a really good Fox and a killer YL. Now I think Axe is a really good player in general... If he played Fox he might be even better than he is now.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
N0ne by a landslide. I am 100% confident he will push falcon to a top 5 level.
I don't quite think top 5 as Falcon will never be better than Puff, but maybe top 6, surpassing Peach and ICs, by 2020. In a few years though N0Ne could be very very very viable, as he as already beaten Mew2King.

Top Bottom