• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Next??? Part 2 (Character Drought ENDS!)

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Its been over 2 months since we've gottan a character announcment. Our last one was in October where it was then when we found out King De De De was the next newcomer to be announced into the Brawl Roster. It was 2 months ago when i immediatley started a thread titled who's next? asking who did you think would be the next character announced.The top 3 guesses were
1. Captian Falcon
2. Ridley
3. Krystal

There were also other guesses like Mega Man, K. Rool, Luigi, Ganondorf etc.
But in the end all ended up being WRONG!!!
Only 2 people guessed the right answer and that was VOYAGER AND META KNIGHT 64

Now fast forwarding to Janurary 9th, 2008, After 2 months of complaining, B****ing and whining we finally get what we've been asking for. Captain Olimar and Pikmin(Which is a very good and unique addition.)Now that newcomer spot is finally filled in the gap. Now comes to question. Will we get anymore announcements before Japan's release. How many? Assuming that there will be other character announcment before release. Who do you think is NEXT???

Seeing how I was wrong last time because I guessed it would be the veteran Captian Falcon but only to see the newcomer Captain Olimar to be announced instead. I'm going to go ahead and guess Falcon again. If not then Luigi or Ganondorf. I'm very sure it will be a veteran this time. 100% sure.

What do you think?
:confused:

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I would say Krystal.
Imagine that?

Anyway, I think character updates will be fairly common now, be it special moves, final smashes, and most important the unveiling of new characters.

Sakurai said he knows that word of what is in the game will travel very, very quickly, especially after release, and that he wants to be the one to reveal who is in the game. That said, he only has 10 more updates until the Japanese release.

Expect characters, a few of them. Probably the unlikely, off the wall ones, but you never know. What would be more of a huge unveiling? "OMG CAPTAIN FALCON IS IN BRAWL OH MY GOD!!!!" or "OMG THE BIG FISH FROM MARIO BROTHERS THREE IS IN BRAWL...??? What??"

There is also a decent chance they will be hidden characters. There is far more surprise and wow in the hidden characters department than the starters.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they'll reveal any more characters before the release.

There will be the Pikmin guy's final smash and special moves, then a number of filler updates until Japan's release, when the updates will stop.

A look a the character page on Dojo shows the Newcomers and Veterans in two neatly-sized, identical 3x4 cubes. And you know, web design is a priority when it comes to stuff like this. *nod*

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I don't think they'll reveal any more characters before the release.

There will be the Pikmin guy's final smash and special moves, then a number of filler updates until Japan's release, when the updates will stop.

A look a the character page on Dojo shows the Newcomers and Veterans in two neatly-sized, identical 3x4 cubes. And you know, web design is a priority when it comes to stuff like this. *nod*
There are a few problems with that...

1. It goes against what Sakurai said.

2. Why is perfect 3x4 cubes important? They added rows before, what is stopping them now?

3. Melee updates continued after Melees release

4. The site is supposed to act as a "guide to the game." Stopping and only having half the characters, a portion of the stages and only a few of the items would be... well, a pretty poor decision. It would look incredibly unprofessional.

The only way updates would stop on January 24th (23rd for North America, actually) is if they add the rest of the information to the site all at once. Chances of that are slim to none.

Anyway I was not specific in my last guess, but I will say... Ridley? Just for the heck of guessing since that is what this thread is for. XD

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
1. It goes against what Sakurai said.
Really? Ooops ...

2. Why is perfect 3x4 cubes important? They added rows before, what is stopping them now?
Not important, but nonetheless stuff like that can sometimes be a good indication. In video games arrangements of items in sub-menus can provide insight into how much content is left, and it looks a bit suspicious that the two sections are so neatly filled out and identical.

Then again, 4x4 cubes would be neater ...
4. The site is supposed to act as a "guide to the game." Stopping and only having half the characters, a portion of the stages and only a few of the items would be... well, a pretty poor decision.
Hadn't thought about that. I'd been viewing it more as a preview site, but you have a definite point.

In that case ... Wind-waker Link. I just can't fathom him not being included.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
It depends on how random these updates are.
If there's an order, I'm guessing it'll be Ganondorf.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Anyway, I think character updates will be fairly common now, be it special moves, final smashes, and most important the unveiling of new characters.
I hope so I will be filled with joy when I get to go back to.. school.. It will help me hopefully.

Sakurai said he knows that word of what is in the game will travel very, very quickly, especially after release, and that he wants to be the one to reveal who is in the game. That said, he only has 10 more updates until the Japanese release.
Where was this said? Was it recently? I was on a hiatus of Smash for a month or two so I may have missed a lot.

Expect characters, a few of them. Probably the unlikely, off the wall ones, but you never know. What would be more of a huge unveiling? "OMG CAPTAIN FALCON IS IN BRAWL OH MY GOD!!!!" or "OMG THE BIG FISH FROM MARIO BROTHERS THREE IS IN BRAWL...??? What??"
Eh.. Both good and bad to me. More character updates.. good.. Ones that will piss me off.. AGH.

There is also a decent chance they will be hidden characters. There is far more surprise and wow in the hidden characters department than the starters.
True dat. It'll be like.. Krystal is in?!?! GIMME GIMME and be tweaking to unlock.

I don't know seems like they will continue to me.

3. Melee updates continued after Melees release
I wasn't around for this but if this is true. Both good and bad? Want all the info in one whollop or keep it flowing even if we have the game?

4. The site is supposed to act as a "guide to the game." Stopping and only having half the characters, a portion of the stages and only a few of the items would be... well, a pretty poor decision. It would look incredibly unprofessional.
Being the important ones in SSE have to be on the site I guess. All of them would be nice, I don't know if all of them actually have to be there. You know I want them to be but I'm not sure.

The only way updates would stop on January 24th (23rd for North America, actually) is if they add the rest of the information to the site all at once. Chances of that are slim to none.
Like I said, a whollop.. Some want it some might not.

Anyway I was not specific in my last guess, but I will say... Ridley? Just for the heck of guessing since that is what this thread is for. XD
That.. or Krystal :D

-Onyx

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
There will in all likeliness not be a prime number of characters... That's all I can feel...

Stado

Smash Apprentice
I actually think we're going to get at least few more character updates (1-3?) before the Japanese release, and, of course, more after that. I'm thinking the next character update will be a veteran. Preferably Captain Falcon or Ganondorf.

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
Put me in for krystal, If not that it'l likely be someone I haven't heard of...

The Overlord

Smash Cadet
I'll say Sheik. Zelda's already been up, and if Zelda's a starter, chances are that Sheik will be up before the release date (or at least mentioned).

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Why is everyone so caught up in this falcon fad?

WE KNOW HE'S IN...

If we get a character update before the 24th... I'm going to guess it'll be...

um...

Krystal would be too good... Sakurai doesn't love us enough for that... :(

I'm going to go with the animal crossing character...

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I don't think we'll be getting another character before release. We've probably got our starting roster, and I can't see any unlockables being revealed until after the 24th( bar Snake and Sonic)
Another 3rd party may be revealed, to strengthen the hype.

Next character? Ridley or krystal please. No Geno </3

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I say Megaman and Geno, since Geno is not third party and could be the first new Mario rep. Megaman, just because he still has the best chances of being in regardless of the podcast, Inafune said he could still be in, Scramble Battle was cancelled and there is only 1 reason why...

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
Krystal, there's hasn't been a female newcommer update since last year and acutallly ZSS isn't really a newcommer but Samus without her suit so it should defenitly be Krystal.

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
I would love to see Krystal confirmed I hope she uses her staff from adventure, but I think we can start expecting seeing characters confirmations every week or bi-weekly.

Machete

Smash Ace
Let's see...

I don't think anymore newcomers will be revealed. Ridley, Krystal, Isaac... all them should be unlockables.
The next third party character should be revealed also. With the "Megam... [Insert name here] joins the Brawl" video.

Veterans...
Sheik's confirmation or deconfirmation would be the next (she's a starter, after all).
Then, the Melee starters. Ness is most likely gone, but Captain Falcon is in, so he should be revealed also..
Finally, any Melee unlockable-now starter. I'm guessing Marth, Mr. Game & Watch and Falco.

So, we'd know all the starting and third-party characters. Luigi and Jigglypuff should be revealed the 24th, then the other Melee characters (Mewtwo, Young Link and Ganondorf); and finally the new unlockables (Ridley, Geno, Krystal, Isaac, Claus, K. Rool, Micaiah...).

The next character? Either Megaman (or other 3rd party) or Sheik.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Why is everyone so caught up in this falcon fad?

WE KNOW HE'S IN...

If we get a character update before the 24th... I'm going to guess it'll be...

um...

Krystal would be too good... Sakurai doesn't love us enough for that... :(

I'm going to go with the animal crossing character...
Well yeah I know he's going to be in, I'm not worried about that anymore, it's just that it's taking way too long to reveil him.:mad:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Krystal or Geno...

..I got Olimar on my prediction right, and I listed Geno next...technically it was written in random order though

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Ridley, Geno, Krystal, Isaac, Claus, K. Rool, Animal Crossing MC, Macaiah. That's all that needs to be in as secret newcomers...and ones that i forgot.

Top Bottom