• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's in your squad?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
:ultbowserjr::ultrob::ultsheik::ultduckhunt::ultkingdedede:-:ultrichter::ultridley::ultkrool:

I got to play the characters first but it's probably going to use 5 of the above

I'll test out Ridley, Richter, and K Rool to see if I like them.

Battiest Badger

Smash Cadet
I'm so glad they've added this mode. Despite the fact that I have my "mains" listed in my profile, I feel like I've never really mained anyone. I just jump all over the place because it's fun to just mess around. I have some I come back to more than others (and some I avoid like the plague), but it's really hard for me to say who I use the most. But anyway...

:ultzelda::ultbowserjr::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultrobin:

(Iggy and Female Robin, of course)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Most likely will be (:ultmarth:/:ultlucina:):ultcloud::ultlink::ultness: and maybe :ultrobinor :ultcorrin:
I will test out :ultchrom: too.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
:ultkrool::ultkingdedede::ultinkling::ivysaur: for sure!
The last member is gonna be a toss-up between :ultlucas: or :ultzelda:, depending on who I enjoy playing as more. Either that, or I'll just rotate 'em out.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Right now, I'd take :ultlink::ultzelda::ultike::ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo:
...but I could easily see :ultyounglink:, :ultduckhunt:, :ultrobin, :ultridley:, :ultkrool:, or :ultganondorf: in there as well. And that's assuming we don't get any of my most wanted in either.

But I'm totally gonna have fun playing various themed teams. I'm completely doing the :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultfox: vs. :ultbowser::ultkrool::ultganondorf::ultridley::ultwolf: fight against high-level CPUs. Or the Royal Ladies team :ultzelda::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultpalutena:. And of course there's the Blue-Haired Swordsman team :ultmarth::ultlucina::ultike::ultchrom::ultcorrin:(blue alt)

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I refuse to call anyone my main before playing the game but my favorite 5 so far (since everyone else seems to be doing squads of 5) are

:ultsnake::ultpokemontrainer::ultyoshi::ultinkling::ultcorrin:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
:ultdarksamus: :ultridley: :ultrob: :ultkingdedede: :ultmegaman:

Not set in stone. Might pick up :ultrichter: if I like him, and :ultrob: and :ultridley: might trade places depending on if I don't like :ultridley: as much as I expect to or if they make some good changes to :ultrob:.
might take :ultmegaman:'s spot if he makes it in. :ultsnake: could also take a spot if I enjoy him, too.

:ultdarksamus: is always going to be #1, though.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Wth what characters we know now:

:ultmegaman::ultzss::ultsimon::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:

Squad is liable to change depending on other characters yet revealed or if Bayo is still OP in the final game and would make me feel dirty about using her.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
:ultpalutena::ultpokemontrainer::ultwolf: <--- these three for sure, forever and ever

If Dixie is in, she'll be in this same group. Same for other characters I want that I doubt will make it anyway, so no need to list them.

then there's the many I either had as secondaries in previous games, or new characters that I love and want to be good with:
:ultrobin:ultridley::ultkrool::ultinkling::ultdarksamus::ulticeclimbers::ultzelda::ultdarkpit::ultpit::ultlucina::ultpichu::ultdaisy::ultwiifittrainer::ultyounglink::ultvillager:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
What I’m going try
:ultlink: Set in stone
:ultmarth: I can work with him
:ultsimon:Or:ultrichter: they seem fun and my style
:ultwolf: Wasn’t going to forget him.

Going to switch between
:ultness::ultfalcon::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultolimar::ultsnake::ultryu::ultken::ultridley::ultkrool::ultincineroar:

It’s probably going be :ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf: maybe tossing randoms in replace of the last two

Last edited:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Definitely, always, never going to drop: :ultyoshi:
Extremely likely: :ultpeach: / :ultdaisy: & :ultinkling:
Quite possibly: :ultlucas: & :ultmarth:
Might swap some of the above (except Yoshi) with: :ultfalcon::ultkrool::ultlink::ultmegaman::ultness: :ultrobin: :ultyounglink::ultzelda:
Quite subject to change, but that's how it's looking for me right now.

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
Point: Usually :ultfalcon: or :ultmarth:, sometimes :ultroy: or :ultpikachu:/:ultpichu:depending
2nd: Usually :ultpikachu:/:ultpichu:, :ultinkling:, or :ultjigglypuff:, rarely :ultmario:
3rd: Usually :ultpikachu:/:ultpichu:, :ultjigglypuff:, or :ultfox:, sometimes :ultfalcon:
4th: Usually :ultcloud:, :ultshulk:, :ultinkling:, sometimes :ultmarth:
Anchor: :ultcloud:, :ultshulk:
That's how it seems for me right now. May change based on new characters.

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
These are all the guys I'll be playing the most, if I added everyone else I wanna use casually/now and then, I'd have half the roster crammed in one image

Attachments

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
If I'm using my mains: :ultness::ultyoshi::ultshulk::ultdoc::ultlucina: / :ultfalco::ultwolf: :ultyounglink: :ultrichter: would likely be my alternate picks

If I'm using my favorite characters: :ultlucas::ultluigi::ultyoshi::ultness::ultshulk: / :ultroy: is my alternate pick

If any of
are in, they'll at least contend for alternate choices on both lists.

KafkaKomedy

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 8371 3981 5803
Smashdown does seem like a pretty fun mode to go 1on1 with someone in but playing it at a party seems kinda dumb. I'll stick to Tourney mode thank you! As for my Squad:

:ultness: and :ultpichu: for sure, I really do want to try out :ultchrom:, he seems like he'll be my favorite Marth-a-like. :ultlucas: will probably swap places with :ultness: intermitently or, if I'm playing 5's, act as my anchor while Ness is out front or vice-versa. :ultkirby: and :ultrichter: will probably earn a spot in 5's as well. So probably :ultness::ultchrom::ultpichu::ultrichter::ultlucas: when I'm first playing the game and learning it. A healthy balance of new and old I'd say. This is assuming Geno or Ninten don't get in though, if they do I'm probably gonna have a harder time choosing.

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
I really enjoy these types of threads. I seriously hope Squad Strike gets an online implementation for it, so we can actually play 3v3 or 5v5 Squad Strike online in like For Glory.

As for my 5v5 Squad: :ultgreninja:(:ultdarkpit:/:ultrichter:):ultbowserjr::ultzss::ultfalco:

If the Mii Fighters are available for this online, then replace :ultzss: for :ultmiifighters: (:4miisword:) and I will probably switch often between Dark Pit and Richter. But Greninja will start me off solidly, keeping alot of movement. Bowser Jr will be my stopper, being hard to kill and powerful, I can regain any ground I might have lost or gain a decent lead. Falco will be my anchor, because he is my main for good lol. Gotta end it with him.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My 5 definitely are gonna be :ultike::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultcloud::ultkrool:

K. Rool will possibly change depending on who else gets revealed.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I got a better lineup than the previously mentioned one.

Random, Random, Random, Random, Random.
That’s gonna be my Smashdown team. I don’t have easily accessible friends to come over whenever, but I love the concept of one-use characters.

A bunch of random 1v1s vs the CPU, hopingn I get my mains... Couple hours of fun there.

BasketballSKM

Smash Rookie
Assuming no other character gets added that I'm interested in, it would probably be.....

:ultkirby:
:ultinkling:
:ulticeclimbers:
:ultpokemontrainer:
:ultluigi:

I'd mess around with :ultsonic: and :ultpacman: too.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Villain Squad Up
:ultbowser::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultganondorf::ultridley:

Sorry:ultdarksamus:, :ultbowserjr:, and :ultwolf:. Really wanted to include you 3 but I had to go with Nintendo's biggest and baddest.

PyroPancakes

Smash Cadet
:ultlucas::ultcorrin::ultchrom::ultyounglink::ultmario:

Magical Masters: :ultzelda::ultness::ultrobin:ultpalutena::ultmewtwo: (I know Ness uses PSI, not magic, but I mean...)

Average Joes: :ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultvillager::ultgnw::ultpokemontrainer:

Top Tiers: :ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultsheik::ultdiddy::ultzss:

Triforce Heroes: :ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:

Dead Men: :ultmegaman::ultmario::ultluigi:

Last edited:

Lord_Ghirahim

Smash Cadet
I know for sure that once I've unlocked all the characters, I will be playing Squad Strike with:

:ultfox: FOX
:ultness: NESS
:ultjigglypuff: JIGGLYPUFF
:ultfalco: FALCO
:ultyounglink: YOUNG LINK

Picked as these are my five favourite characters to play in Melee.

Top Bottom