• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Who's gonna use the 3ds as a wii u controller?

D

Deleted member

Why would I use the 3DS and its imprecise Circle Pad as my main controller when there are far, far more superior options out there?
EDIT: Even if I had more than 5 friends over, I still wouldn't use it or trust it in the hands of someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Why should anyone settle for less? GameCube controller, Pro Controller, both of those are great. Honestly the 3DS would make one of the worst controllers to use for Smash. That or base Wiimote.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Why should anyone settle for less? GameCube controller, Pro Controller, both of those are great. Honestly the 3DS would make one of the worst controllers to use for Smash. That or base Wiimote.
I still think Wiimote alone's still gonna be the worst controller available for Smash.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
That could be said for any game that isn't Wii Sports.
I started to disagree with games like Skyward Sword but found it too easy to contradict myself. Would have happily played that without swinging, even though I didn't find it gimmicky or tiresome to the end, I think I'll always prefer button pushing and directional sticks as the primary method of control. Until they have brain control I guess ha.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I started to disagree with games like Skyward Sword but found it too easy to contradict myself. Would have happily played that without swinging, even though I didn't find it gimmicky or tiresome to the end, I think I'll always prefer button pushing and directional sticks as the primary method of control. Until they have brain control I guess ha.
Skyward Sword uses the Nunchuck. I'm referring to only Wiimote.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I will!
I love the Circle Pad.
But I'll be using the Gamepad more than the 3DS though.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I will when I have friends over. Good controllers are pretty expensive, so I will let them use the better controllers as I use my 3ds.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Considering the fact that I have every controller option for Smash Wii U, I think that the 3DS is defintely a last resort of sorts. Well, maybe the Wii mote alone is a last resort.

Anyways, I see no point in wearing down my 3DS circle pad down any further when I have more durable controllers available.

ILJ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
giancarlo777
3DS FC
2852-9628-7134
i love the feel of my 2ds. The 3ds feels much different and quite off

Forever 9

Smash Cadet
NNID
ForeverNin9
3DS FC
3626-0399-4225
No way. Definitely using a Game Cube styled one.
Why would I risk damaging my circle pad on my perfectly good working 3DS.

Last edited:

Zimoria

Smash Rookie
I'm probably just weird but I really like the feel of the circle pad over gamecube controller. The smaller 3ds is way more comfortable for my hands. Going directly up and down or side to side with a larger joystick has always been an issue for me on GC controllers. It feels really awkward.

I'm not a child that throws/breaks things when I get mad, so I'm not too worried about that. Circle pads are very easily fixed anyways.

TheLetsPlayGhost

Smash Rookie
I'll use the 3DS for a controller once or twice just to see how that feature feels like, but I'll mainly be using a GC.

Top Bottom