• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's best for getting turning Meta-Ridley into a trophy?

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
My problem with Meta-Ridley is not turning him into a trophy ("Trophy Stand +" stickers FTW), it's that when he turns into a trophy, he floats fown into a abyss. Then I have to do the level all over again to get to him! :mad:

So, for those who got the Meta-Ridley trophy, mind sharing your stretgies/tactics? :)

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
your best bet when 'catching' MR is to wait until he goes to body-slam the Falcon Flyer off the screen. You'll see it when it's coming; it's the only attack where he flies up. When he does that, throw the trophy stand straight up; he'll body slam right into it, and the trophy will land on the stage. Your biggest problem with this is that you may not be able to weaken him, get a trophy stand, AND get him to body slam all within the time limit.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
your best bet when 'catching' MR is to wait until he goes to body-slam the Falcon Flyer off the screen. You'll see it when it's coming; it's the only attack where he flies up. When he does that, throw the trophy stand straight up; he'll body slam right into it, and the trophy will land on the stage. Your biggest problem with this is that you may not be able to weaken him, get a trophy stand, AND get him to body slam all within the time limit.
Bingo. Tried to wait it out for him to use that attack, but the timer hit 0:00 before he did.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
well if that happens, then your best bet is to go ahead and chuck the stand at him, then do your best to fast fall after the trophy and catch it before it goes off screen. The Dojo even gives this advice.

tingler

Smash Rookie
i had the same problem. ended up getting him as he was shooting his little fireballs cause i never got an opportunity to get him before his body slam

Cheesedork

Smash Apprentice
I got him when he slowly flies forward to shoot that (homing?) giant fireball of death.
He ALMOST fell off the stage though, cuz I threw it at him right as his head peaked over that little ridge on the Falcon Flyer (to avoid getting shot by the fireball).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The only guaranteed way of capturing Meta Ridley is to wait until he does an attack that lands him near the middle of the ship (he has three). If you do this, it does boil down to pure luck of getting a trophy stand in time because of the time limit.

Top Bottom