• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOA, LMAO!!! This is pretty crazy and hilarious. and a HUGE counter to edge guards..

dominycking

Smash Rookie
Everyone remembers the first time in smash 64 where they picked up someone with DK and walked off the stage..

Well, its possible with wario, but its very situational. You have to be off the stage[coming back].

If someone is really really close to the edge, and you're high in percent and dont mind making a sacrifice, then just simply press the B button, and drag his *** down with you, I've killed someone at 0% doing this, so its EXTREMELY useful when you have 150% and they just spawn, and try to edge guard, CHOMP and then its an auto kill. If you're really lucky, you'll let go of the bite in time, and get hit pushing you back towards the stage.

2nd, this one i havent tried yet, but if someone is coming to you[example metaknight] you can try chomping on him before he hits you and taking him down with you..

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
This is pretty well-known.
On Battlefield and Final Destination, a better way to do it is to face toward the stage. When they get spit out, they'll be in a very inopportune place.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
uh this was a famous kirby technique in melee
not as effective with wario since his bite doens't have suction like kirby's
but yeah, really situational.

what would be funny/awesome
is if you bit them while they were edgehogging paha
i'm not sure if that's possible though

edit:
i'm sure edgehop bite works too, they would just have to be really close

dominycking

Smash Rookie
uh this was a famous kirby technique in melee
not as effective with wario since his bite doens't have suction like kirby's
but yeah, really situational.

what would be funny/awesome
is if you bit them while they were edgehogging paha
i'm not sure if that's possible though

edit:
i'm sure edgehop bite works too, they would just have to be really close
I dunno, i mean kirby's was SO easy to get out of..

paralasalud

Smash Ace
I dunno, i mean kirby's was SO easy to get out of..

true, but it depends on the character and the stage.
in some stages there isn't much room at the bottom to get out in time, and even if you do you might end up under the stage anyway.
wario falls pretty fast when he's biting so it just depends on your proximity to the bottom of the stage.

and even if it's easy to get out of,
it's usually unexpected so the opponent doesn't break out quick enough.

Psyflame

Smash Cadet
I actually edgehopped one of these the other day against a Toon Link and threw him under FD for the kill, it was mind-bogglingly satisfying. Try it on characters who have slow aerials that can't hit Wario out of the bite.

NiteCyper

Smash Rookie
For some in-combat examples, search youtube for videos by getyourtournament where LMNZ vs. Futile (Wario).

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
I just had an awesome thought. Imagine. Drop down by the stage, bite them, drag them down and throw them under the stage, and then when they jump up to try and recover, hit them with a fully charged Waft to knock them back under the stage, and to let you recover no matter how low you are.

okiyama

Smash Ace
I just had an awesome thought. Imagine. Drop down by the stage, bite them, drag them down and throw them under the stage, and then when they jump up to try and recover, hit them with a fully charged Waft to knock them back under the stage, and to let you recover no matter how low you are.
Wow, that would be amazing.

The precision and timing necessary would be SO hard but if you could pull it off that'd be amazing.

Farquaty

Smash Rookie
Did it to one of my friends the other day. I can just imagine the swearing.... Makes me sad that brawl doesn't support voice chat. ;-)

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Wario has a better recovery than I thought, I've done this by edge-hop biting, spitting them out under the stage, jumping off the bike, using the double jump, than an ^B to get back on stage. With plenty of room to spare. :D

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
Everyone remembers the first time in smash 64 where they picked up someone with DK and walked off the stage..

Well, its possible with wario, but its very situational. You have to be off the stage[coming back].

If someone is really really close to the edge, and you're high in percent and dont mind making a sacrifice, then just simply press the B button, and drag his *** down with you, I've killed someone at 0% doing this, so its EXTREMELY useful when you have 150% and they just spawn, and try to edge guard, CHOMP and then its an auto kill. If you're really lucky, you'll let go of the bite in time, and get hit pushing you back towards the stage.

2nd, this one i havent tried yet, but if someone is coming to you[example metaknight] you can try chomping on him before he hits you and taking him down with you..

why are you posting warios moveset?
he has a suicide attack & everyone (who plays smash seriously) should know this already
any move that physically holds the opponent can be used as a suicide move........ganon, bowser, kirby so many have them.
wario is just another

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone also know that his bit can stop many enemies attack right in the middle but will cause damage to Wario, and that his gas without being charge can trip?
(Strategy; Combos maybe?!...)

Top Bottom