• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would you want to run the next Smash if there is one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Itoi is a very down to earth man. He should had at least be in charge of anything story related like a second SSE.

Oh wow, yeah.

I wonder if all those musicians would come back to work on the game if Sakurai wasn't directing it. I think the credit for getting all of those can be given mostly to Sakurai's connections.

Arteen, don't think that just because Bungie would be working on the game we'd be getting all the extra features they've put into other games. Stuff like online and what format they have for replays, that stuff would still come down to Nintendo's policies. Nintendo's...stupid policies.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
Well, except for maybe me... Or Captain Falcon's Knee (OMG!)...

Miyamoto/Iwata. Or how about them, AND Sakurai? ...And maybe Reggie Fils-Aimes.

Any third party would RUIN the game. It'd just turn into another Mortal Krud, probably, instead of being the different, ringout-based Smash we know and love. :)

Iwata is the CEO of Nintendo.... He doesn't design games....... Neither does Reggie........

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Iwata produced Melee and Brawl, Miyamoto has always helped out with designing the game, and then there's of course Sakurai.

People; it was always Sakurai, Miyamoto and Iwata.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I think Sakurai should cover the casual perspective of Smash, which he did perfectly for Brawl...and someone else should cover the competitive aspects of Smash...

and I really do think that at this point improvements to previously existing modes is all thats left...besides gimmicky stuff like a Pinball Mode or a Soccer/Football Mode...

actually if Sakurai can just accept the fact that losing makes people better and after a while winning gets stale, he could actually improve his brilliance that is Smash to new levels...because he's too scared to do anything because he doesnt want the little 8 yr old kids crying whenever someone who has been playing for 8 years kicks their ***...

Rash

Smash Ace
People don't give Sakurai enough credit. Yeah, he's seemingly intentionally making Smash less competitive in the Melee sense, but the guy is still creatively brilliant, nonetheless.

If he wasn't the head of the next Smash Brothers (if there is one), then he should at least be heavily involved. Anyone who disagrees is completely over the line with bitterness about what he did with Brawl.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
D

Deleted member

Someone new maybe, but with Sakurai in a position to have a large amount of influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom