• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Would Play

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
In a game with 4 day day phases, 2 day night phases, 1 day replace/modkill (no prods and discounting accepted V/LA) with 13 players? And would you prefer it to a longer day phase game and why?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I would play it if I could somehow have it guaranteed that everyone would have a good level of activity.

But that's... wishful thinking really, so no. It'd probably feel way too rushed if you aren't getting 20+ posts off each player in 4 rl days.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
You wouldn't be including V/LA?

If it's V/LA you should get them replaced as soon as it's mentioned honestly. It'd make it go faster, plus **** happens, so I wouldn't modkill over that lol.

I agree with the idea as a whole though. :)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Depends on the V/LA which is why I said accepted V/LA.

If the most active player in the game is going to a tournament one Saturday I would give it to him. If his friend who posted a grand total of 3 times in 2 days is going with him, then not so much.

I don't feel the need to be a **** to people who are obviously trying to remain active. Lurking is a strategy and I understand that, but mod sanctioned lurking in such a set-up isn't fair.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So what's with this man? Cmon. I like em long and fast. Wow... ;-;

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
I would run this as soon as I got enough people to PM me wanting in with this warning in place.

WARNING:

******* MODDING IN PROGRESS! I DO NOT GUARANTEE GAME BALANCE! I DO GUARANTEE FUNNY AS HELL FLAVOR!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I wouldn't play it, because smaller games means much faster pace means I must try harder, and I am not going to try-hard in a game hosted by Ryker advertised as "******* modding, I do not guarantee game balance." Sorry to sound like a bummer, but a ten year old can come up with funny flavor.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Tom, I didn't expect you. Nor do I expect any interest besides a couple people. It's not about to reach even nine players.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, maybe I am over-thinking this (or maybe I'm just thinking about it more than you did), but if the "point" is that 10 day Days are too long, why would you both shorten the Day and also make it a ******* game? Are you trying to legitimize the idea of 4-7 day Days, or aren't you?

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Tom, I'm joking. It's not about to reach that. And this topic was originally created for other people to see as I do not seriously enjoy modding games. I will gladly argue the merits of shorter phases.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You're joking about what? It's not about to reach what? I literally cannot understand what you are saying. That next sentence doesn't make sense either, of course the topic was made for people to see.... what the ****? You do not seriously enjoy modding games, or you do not enjoy modding serious games? WHERE THE **** DID YOU LEARN ENGLISH? Also, we don't need to argue the merits of shorter phases if you aren't actually trying to host a game that exhibits these merits... if its a joke game, then the point is not to host a legitimate game with shorter deadlines, the point is just to host a funny but stupid game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't mind a funny and stupid game being short, actually.

In a normal game I'd rather keep it 10, but I'm also interested in playing for fun.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Why would you rather keep it ten?

Tom, I'm not serious about a ******* Mafia. I am serious about lowering the day phase norm, but I don't want to be the one hosting games.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Because I got IRL. I'd want people to have enough time to contribute and think about what they say and what they will do.

Plus I like Forum Maf better than Aimaf because of the ten day phase per DAY.

If it went shorter, the closer it'd be to Aimaf. Maybe.

=====================

But I wouldn't mind having your game be as short as you have it. It'd be nice to have some shorter ones to get a fix. Usually I want to see a reply in mafia come up, but then I'd want to play Aimaf to satisfy my mafia craving.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
While I would enjoy a more laid-backish game I would find it very difficult to keep up with 4-day Days.

And that's the major benefit to longer Day phases; you can devote less time to the game which means you don't have to sacrifice as much IRL time.

Top Bottom