• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would have liked if Zelda used a sword

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Just an idea, who would have liked if Zelda used a sword? She could have some sword attacks as well as her magic. Anyone would have liked if Zelda used a sword? Even if it didn't even affect her moves at all and were only a cosmetic feature?

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
*raises hand*

Desperately. Even moreso if they where 'puckable' like Peache's Turnips. That would be just so messy and fun :laugh:

But in a realistic situation, sure, even if it only aided in her casting a few spells, or even just a taunt with the sword featured.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Who knows, Sakurai may wish to tease/aggravate the Zelda players further and make her pull out and twirl her rapier around in her victory screen, like Ganon in Melee.

¬.¬

Drake3

Smash Ace
I think it would've been great if they found a way to incorporate her sword and her magic at the same time. Actually, I know they could've done it, so I'm confused as to why they took the lazy, unchanged route.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
I think it would've been great if they found a way to incorporate her sword and her magic at the same time. Actually, I know they could've done it, so I'm confused as to why they took the lazy, unchanged route.
I guess not enough Zelda-with-sword fans were heard by Nintendo.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Definitely not a full time sword user. It just doesn't fit Zelda at all. Plus I dislike sword users.

As revamped B moves? Heck yes
As ground moves while Aerials and specials were kept magical? Heck yes.
So basically I would love to see her as a part time sword user, but not full time. Especially when you consider that Link and (IIRC) Ganondorf were said to have swords.

And I agree with Drake, so much potential, wasted.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
Just an idea, who would have liked if Zelda used a sword? She could have some sword attacks as well as her magic. Anyone would have liked if Zelda used a sword? Even if it didn't even affect her moves at all and were only a cosmetic feature?
that'd be wicked man...personally shiek's one of my mains so i dont spend too much time with Zelda but it'd be good to have her be more useful the odd time when i get stuck with her after a required teleport lol

Top Bottom