• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will be the most unpopular character AND newcomer?

John5

Smash Apprentice
Wolf will be popular, but for better or worst, most people just don't understand the coolness that is wario.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people have an aversion to Wario for some reason. I'll main him for sure though.
Veteran will be Yoshi for sure. Poor Yoshi.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Granted, I don't know much about the competitive scene, but I think that Game & Watch will be the least popular veteran, for the same reason people won't play ROB: out of sheer spite for the countless characters that would be "better" in that slot.

By the way, why all the Jigglypuff hate? Sure, she isn't the easiest character to pick up and use, but with a little investment she can be very hard to beat. after all, she WAS "high tier" in Melee.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Veteran - Yoshi, because he's always the most unpopular.

Newcomer - Probably Ike. He feels absolutely unplayable, but people may just pick him up as a "fun" character like Bowser in Melee. I personally don't like Snake, because he doesn't flow well, but I'm sure many people will main him just because of his gimmicky playstyle. So... Ike.

And I can guarantee that many people will love Wario after they pick him up. I don't like the character, but I am currently considering maining him just because he's good, and fun to play.

Blarfenzo

Smash Journeyman
Veteran- My guess is Donkey Kong, he seems almost unchanged from melee and if you're going to use a heavy char King DDD, Bowser, and Ganondorf seem more appealing.

Newcomer-Probably Wario at first than eventually Sonic if he is as bad as people say. Personally since they revealed overalls Wario I've been really looking forward to playing as him.

Lantz

Smash Apprentice
Veteran - Jiggs, DK, Yoshi

Newcomer - Snake or, perhaps, Lucario

Personal Unfavorite - Sonic

King3De

Smash Rookie
I think that the most unpopular character will be DK and the most unpopular newcomer will be Lucas or Wario cuz haven't really heard much about Wario since all the vids to show off the game.. And Lucas might just be lame but ya never know what might happen...

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Yoshi and DK. Characters barely anyone in Meele played, with no substantial buffs.

As for newcomer? Well, that's probably Wario.

Ice Climbers: Can still desynch, and Nana getting better AI does help. They'll be used by those who want to be really tactical and annoying. I had a bit of a game with them in Melee, but I never learned to desynch properly... :|

Top Bottom