• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who wants to go to Georgia?

Kal

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4552003#post4552003

This tournament looks promising, and I think we need some Texas smashers there. It's Melee only, June 7th and 8th, and the remaining details are in the thread, to which the hyperlink above will take you.

I'd like to know if anyone is interested in going to this tournament, and if they're willing to drive. The drive there is about 920 miles from my house, so with some (probably inaccurate) estimations, we could approximate the amount of money spent on gas. Supposing the car gets 40 miles per gallon, and supposing we pay at most $4.00 per gallon on gas, we'd need to pay about $184 between us. We can round this up to $200, and the person driving should be allowed to claim any leftover money as his own, considering he is going through the trouble of a 14 hour drive. If we have 5 people in a car, that's $40 each. I'd prefer to take a van, as that could seat 7, which would chop to price to $29 each. Regardless, it's cheaper (for each individual) to car pool than it is for any of them to take the bus, drive alone, or take a plane.

I'm not very good at staying awake past midnight, which means I might not make the best driver (this all depends on what time we depart). If we decide to leave early, I'd be willing to drive. Anyway, if anyone is interested, or if anyone has any sort of information to give out on whether they will be driving there and whether they need a ride, I think this would be a good place to put it.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Xelic/Caveman/Forkgirl/Wobbles and I are going in my ****** partmobile. Which does get 40 MPG.

See ya'll there!

Top Bottom