• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who to pick to beat falco

poohbear32

Smash Rookie
So I went to my first tournament on Sunday and I didn't do as bad as i thought i would i won first 3 sets using fox and got sent to loser bracket. I used marth and I won same amount. But I had trouble because the person I was playing against was using falco and I got destroyed by him idk what I was doing wrong. It was just so much pressure. I want to main fox I love his speed his up air, everything he is perfect. But Marty spacing is amazing. I'm sorry guys what I'm trying to say is who do I use for a falco battle??

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
So I went to my first tournament on Sunday and I didn't do as bad as i thought i would i won first 3 sets using fox and got sent to loser bracket. I used marth and I won same amount. But I had trouble because the person I was playing against was using falco and I got destroyed by him idk what I was doing wrong. It was just so much pressure. I want to main fox I love his speed his up air, everything he is perfect. But Marty spacing is amazing. I'm sorry guys what I'm trying to say is who do I use for a falco battle??
Just learn the match up as fox
Study up with videos from pm and melee and you can win
At worst its 50/50 at best its some where in fox's favor

poohbear32

Smash Rookie
Just learn the match up as fox
Study up with videos from pm and melee and you can win
At worst its 50/50 at best its some where in fox's favor
I can't handle his falco I mean he's my friend but we he only plays falco with me when were playing a tournament and it's always me and him in grand finals and I just can't handle his falco!! The pressure he puts on me is unbelievable idk if its because I'm nervous I choke, or what its just I don't think I can beat him that's what made me want to play smash competitive, is to beat him but he never allows himself to play falco as a friendly with me.

Varist

Smash Lord
there's no special trick it sounds like he's just better than you and you're going to have to get better than him to win. if he won't play as falco against you in friendlies just so he can take your money in tournament either find a new falco to train with or just quit the game he's being a huge *** if he's scared youll learn the falco matchup and start beating him just call him a ***** he can play his stupid ass video games by himself in his bedroom like he did before you came along

Oskurito

Smash Lord
lol, so much salt ^

Learn the match up, learn your chaingrabs, upair, uptilt, upsmash combos, tech chases, shine spike, edgeguards. Those are very effective against falco.

Watch my combo video for some ideas ;D

Last edited:

SSS

Smash Ace
I can't handle his falco I mean he's my friend but we he only plays falco with me when were playing a tournament and it's always me and him in grand finals and I just can't handle his falco!! The pressure he puts on me is unbelievable idk if its because I'm nervous I choke, or what its just I don't think I can beat him that's what made me want to play smash competitive, is to beat him but he never allows himself to play falco as a friendly with me.
matchups are less important than you think. just get better. if you can't beat him it's because he's better than you right now.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
is important to know what you have to do and more importantly what you SHOULD NOT do in certain match ups.

That mentality will get you rekt by players with better knowledge at some point.

BloodL10N

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BloodL10N
Gotta admit Varist's comment made me laugh. I would honestly watch videos and study the matchup, I'm not great as Falco but I beat Foxes consistently. What move in particular is he using that is making it hard for you to win? You said he puts a lot of pressure on you but what in particular is he doing?

poohbear32

Smash Rookie
Gotta admit Varist's comment made me laugh. I would honestly watch videos and study the matchup, I'm not great as Falco but I beat Foxes consistently. What move in particular is he using that is making it hard for you to win? You said he puts a lot of pressure on you but what in particular is he doing?
he does the shine into a dare! but then hell do mutishine which either way, if he does shine he stil goes into a dare, then hell throw the laser at me i mean im a pretty decent fox but like i cant handle it!! im going to play him on sunday im pretty sure of that, ill find the link and post it up on here. and haha yea varist had salt lol but thanks id rather play and get better.

poohbear32

Smash Rookie
Acutally guys i have a video on how he plays not with me but with a different person
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi9FGIH2EU4 hes of course falco. but still i jiust need to figure out where he messes up and where i can punish him. i want to take him to fd but i feel like thats not a good choice.

Last edited:

sadistic

Smash Cadet
Acutally guys i have a video on how he plays not with me but with a different person
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi9FGIH2EU4 hes of course falco. but still i jiust need to figure out where he messes up and where i can punish him. i want to take him to fd but i feel like thats not a good choice.
Here are some tendencies I noticed that maybe you can take advantage of:
-After a laser, he usually follows up with either a SH aerial or another laser. If you shield the first laser, then do something like a full hop nair, you could stuff his approach.
-He approaches with dair really often, and a lot of times FH dairs. If you run underneath where he going to land, then wavedash out, you could probably bait a lot of these dairs from him. You could also try to react to the full hop and stuff it with a full hop nair of your own.
-When he uptilts once, he always uptilts again (something I do as well unfortunately), so expect that.
-It's hard to tell what he does under pressure, because the peach matchup isn't much like the fox vs. falco matchup, but he does a few rolls away. Try applying a little shield pressure, then setting up for a hard read on a roll away. If you can do something like that, you'll get in the guys head.

Last edited:

poohbear32

Smash Rookie
Peach beats him kinda, but you are better off learning to beat him with your mains.
yea iknow we didnt get our match up on stream but i use fox. this sunday hopefully we get our matchup on stream that way i can send a link to you guys to see what im doing wrong.

BloodL10N

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BloodL10N
yea iknow we didnt get our match up on stream but i use fox. this sunday hopefully we get our matchup on stream that way i can send a link to you guys to see what im doing wrong.
FD is a good choice for the Fox MU that I've seen, I would put it at about :foxmelee:52:48:falcomelee: in Fox's advantage, someone will probably argue that, as Fox you could take it to Yoshi's, FD, or whatever you're most comfortable with. However as a Falco I would ban FD against a Fox so just keep that in mind.

poohbear32

Smash Rookie
Wait I don't understand why fox would take falco to yoshis? Isnt to small and falco can pull dares?
FD is a good choice for the Fox MU that I've seen, I would put it at about :foxmelee:52:48:falcomelee: in Fox's advantage, someone will probably argue that, as Fox you could take it to Yoshi's, FD, or whatever you're most comfortable with. However as a Falco I would ban FD against a Fox so just keep that in mind.

BloodL10N

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BloodL10N
Wait I don't understand why fox would take falco to yoshis? Isnt to small and falco can pull dares?
Shorter ceiling, I think Fox can take Falco off the top at like 67%(?) If anything on Yoshi's your biggest worry would be Falco's side-smash, down-smash and SH B-air not so much SH d-air.

Edit: I mean hell if it was allowed I would say take him to Corneria you could just up-smash him at around 40% for a stock just as an example.

Last edited:

poohbear32

Smash Rookie
ohh I understand now! nice I didn't know that about yoshis story!!!
Shorter ceiling, I think Fox can take Falco off the top at like 67%(?) If anything on Yoshi's your biggest worry would be Falco's side-smash, down-smash and SH B-air not so much SH d-air.

Edit: I mean hell if it was allowed I would say take him to Corneria you could just up-smash him at around 40% for a stock just as an example.

Top Bottom