• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Who still uses the Classic Controller?

Khao

Smash Lord
Really, what are you other than an elitist to pay $90+ for an adapter for a controller that's not even that good?
Someone with a lot of money to spare, or someone with some really ****ing weird priorities. But elitist? If they're not forcing their choice on you or looking down on anyone that doesn't agree with them and acting all superior, I don't see what's so "elitist" about what they're doing. Nothing wrong with paying for something you like.

Either way, that's a ridiculous extreme that's far from the standard, the adapter was sold for $20 and that's what the majority bought it for. That, or they got it in the bundle.

But that's some whole other **** that ain't even related to this right here: The CLASSIC controller. Know something, why'd you even come here if you very clearly prefer the GameCube controller? Nowhere in that there title did I put, "GameCube controller."
I came here to express my feelings on the classic controller and compare it to other controller choices, and that's what I did. Just because I like a controller choice doesn't mean I'll avoid talking about other controllers like the plague.

The amount of effort you put into hating melee must mean you are awful at it simply because of the controller.
Uh, sorry but yeah, dude never even implied that the reason he dislikes Melee is because of the controller, dunno why you keep insisting on that.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Someone with a lot of money to spare, or someone with some really ****ing weird priorities. But elitist? If they're not forcing their choice on you or looking down on anyone that doesn't agree with them and acting all superior, I don't see what's so "elitist" about what they're doing. Nothing wrong with paying for something you like.

Either way, that's a ridiculous extreme that's far from the standard, the adapter was sold for $20 and that's what the majority bought it for. That, or they got it in the bundle.

I came here to express my feelings on the classic controller and compare it to other controller choices, and that's what I did. Just because I like a controller choice doesn't mean I'll avoid talking about other controllers like the plague.

Uh, sorry but yeah, dude never even implied that the reason he dislikes Melee is because of the controller, dunno why you keep insisting on that.
What you just listed pretty much sums up my thoughts on the GCC and Melee crowd. GCC to a lesser extent cause really, they're just poor fools stuck in the past, but again, unrelated. And haven't you heard? They stopped making adapters. People that still got em are selling them sumbitches for at least $90. If you don't have it now, you probably ain't getting it. I'm not asking you to treat the other controllers like ****, but you waltz ya uppity ass in here and talk **** about the CC. And then they were ignorant ass complaints. One dude said he preferred the Pro Controller, but he said why and made some damn sense. Meanwhile, you come up in here talking bout some, "too flat" and saying some stupid **** about the sticks. Get me? And what you said to Ray is what I've been trying to say for a while now. I'm starting to think he's hopelessly lost.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
What you just listed pretty much sums up my thoughts on the GCC and Melee crowd. GCC to a lesser extent cause really, they're just poor fools stuck in the past, but again, unrelated. And haven't you heard? They stopped making adapters. People that still got em are selling them sum*****es for at least $90. If you don't have it now, you probably ain't getting it. I'm not asking you to treat the other controllers like ****, but you waltz ya uppity *** in here and talk **** about the CC. And then they were ignorant *** complaints. One dude said he preferred the Pro Controller, but he said why and made some damn sense. Meanwhile, you come up in here talking bout some, "too flat" and saying some stupid **** about the sticks. Get me? And what you said to Ray is what I've been trying to say for a while now. I'm starting to think he's hopelessly lost.
Don't worry man, You'll never lose me.

Khao

Smash Lord
What you just listed pretty much sums up my thoughts on the GCC and Melee crowd. GCC to a lesser extent cause really, they're just poor fools stuck in the past, but again, unrelated. And haven't you heard? They stopped making adapters. People that still got em are selling them sum*****es for at least $90. If you don't have it now, you probably ain't getting it. I'm not asking you to treat the other controllers like ****, but you waltz ya uppity *** in here and talk **** about the CC. And then they were ignorant *** complaints. One dude said he preferred the Pro Controller, but he said why and made some damn sense. Meanwhile, you come up in here talking bout some, "too flat" and saying some stupid **** about the sticks. Get me? And what you said to Ray is what I've been trying to say for a while now. I'm starting to think he's hopelessly lost.
Welp, sorry if I find it uncomfortable, but don't just throw the word "ignorant" because I don't like it that much. There's not much else to say about it beyond how it feels when I hold it, how can I be ignorant about my own feelings with it?

My opinion doesn't come from holding it for a couple of seconds and then dismissing it forever, but from hundreds of hours in games like Xenoblade and Monster Hunter, as well as a few virtual console games. Like I said in my first post, I can get used to the controller after a while, but switching to other controllers (like the Gamecube and the Wii U's Pro Controller) just feels a lot better in comparison.

Also, refering to people as "poor fools stuck in the past" simply because of their controller choice is just plain silly when you're accusing others of elitism.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I tried using the Classic Controller. I have to agree with Khan, the controller is way too flat for comfortable use.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Don't worry man, You'll never lose me.
Oh joy. I started to worry for a second.
Welp, sorry if I find it uncomfortable, but don't just throw the word "ignorant" because I don't like it that much. There's not much else to say about it beyond how it feels when I hold it, how can I be ignorant about my own feelings with it?

My opinion doesn't come from holding it for a couple of seconds and then dismissing it forever, but from hundreds of hours in games like Xenoblade and Monster Hunter, as well as a few virtual console games. Like I said in my first post, I can get used to the controller after a while, but switching to other controllers (like the Gamecube and the Wii U's Pro Controller) just feels a lot better in comparison.

Also, refering to people as "poor fools stuck in the past" simply because of their controller choice is just plain silly when you're accusing others of elitism.
Was that too harsh? I think that was too harsh. My bad. Let me back off a bit, I'm getting too aggressive. But what I meant by "ignorant complaints" was that they didn't make sense. The CC Pro ain't flat by any stretch of the word. If anything, it's bulky. And come on, you complain about the ****ing sticks being too wide. It's no different than any other stick Nintendo put on a controller. The fools I was referring to were the diehard GC's and the Melee elitist. But, for the third time, that's neither here or there.
But my point still stands. You can't just walk in here and start going "durr, the sticks are bad, it's flat, durr hurr." On a thread clearly meant for people who like the controller. Tell me there ain't something wrong with that.

NGUY (guitarstage)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
guitarstage
i like the classic controller but mine got stolen and i have my gc controllers still and because gc was my first console i just like it a bit more

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Has anyone found a low latency adapter for using a Classic Controller with a GameCube port?

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I still use my good ol' CC controller^^ The one made for the first wii. I might just buy the GC controller adapter when their in stock again, but ive used my light weight Cc pro since the Brawl days and its still up and kicking. (and *clacking*) XD

1amayzingman

Smash Cadet
NNID
1amayzingman
I used my Classic Controller for most of Brawl, don't use it much anymore...on ly time I do is when i boot my wii up and to go to a channel or something cause im to lazy to use the sensor bar.

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
I never got why fans of controllers or games that aren't very popular always have to say that GCN controllers and or Melee sucks. It's like you have to put down the more popular choice so you can feel better about yourself.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I never got why fans of controllers or games that aren't very popular always have to say that GCN controllers and or Melee sucks. It's like you have to put down the more popular choice so you can feel better about yourself.
Or. Maybe they just honestly don't like it. Ever though about that? I don't like Melee. Simple as that. I don't think the GC controller is that great. Don't always assume the worst in people. That's not a good habit.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I don't like the stick placement on the classic controller very much, I prefer the Wii U Pro Controller, I haven't tried using a GC controller yet.

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
Or. Maybe they just honestly don't like it. Ever though about that? I don't like Melee. Simple as that. I don't think the GC controller is that great. Don't always assume the worst in people. That's not a good habit.
Or maybe, just maybe, you could just praise the controller you use or the game you prefer without having to put down the more popular option over and over again. We get it, you don't like the more popular object as much. You don't always have to state your opinion on the more popular thing while praising the less popular option. It's unnecessary. It's like if every single Sonic fan praised a game but they always put down the more popular Mario game.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Or maybe, just maybe, you could just praise the controller you use or the game you prefer without having to put down the more popular option over and over again. We get it, you don't like the more popular object as much. You don't always have to state your opinion on the more popular thing while praising the less popular option. It's unnecessary. It's like if every single Sonic fan praised a game but they always put down the more popular Mario game.
What are you talking about? I said once I didn't like Melee when I got accused of being an elitist, and I just said the GCC was overhyped. What's unnecessary is you coming on here and wasting space saying things that aren't even true.

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
What are you talking about? I said once I didn't like Melee when I got accused of being an elitist, and I just said the GCC was overhyped. What's unnecessary is you coming on here and wasting space saying things that aren't even true.
I'm not talking about you in particular though. I'm talking about how people in general are with these kinds of things.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm not talking about you in particular though. I'm talking about how people in general are with these kinds of things.
Well you sure made it sound like you were talking to me. Nobody on here put down the GCC other than rightfully saying that it's overrated. If you weren't talking about me or anybody here, then why'd you comment?

Top Bottom