• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who should I main next?

Who should I main next?

• Total voters

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
I'm a new guy, doesn't know anything about smashboards, however, I do play a lot of brawl, so can someone leav a suggestion for who should I main next? I want a character that can't fly, had a decent tier rank, and is not considered broken. I aleardy main Kirby and MK.

dougthepug

Smash Rookie
I would recommend Wario, I think he's got enough aerial mastery to remind you of a flyer so he might feel familiar..

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Thanks for the suggestion, the only problem I had with wario is how I can't make good use of his wheels of his broken bike, and his air controls are a little different from Kirby and MK's too.

dougthepug

Smash Rookie
You could try Pikachu or Falco, supposedly Pikachu is the best matchup against MK

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
I'm practicing with wario now, falco will probably be good, but I can't get the hang on pikachu.

Vale

Smash Ace
I like Falco. However, that's probably just because I like blasting lasers everywhere.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
I like Falco. However, that's probably just because I like blasting lasers everywhere.
Lol, I aleardy end this thread month ago, but yeah, falco is not bad, but his chain grab is really cheap.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I aleardy start playing wario, his down air and forward air is great, I spam them a lot, lol.
Lol yes.
His aerial game's incredibly strong so I thought you'd like him.
His n-airs really good as well out of shield.

He doesn't quite have the best range or priority, but is mobility allows him to capitalize hard on the smallest mistakes~

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Lol yes.
His aerial game's incredibly strong so I thought you'd like him.
His n-airs really good as well out of shield.

He doesn't quite have the best range or priority, but is mobility allows him to capitalize hard on the smallest mistakes~
So how exactly do you play as him?

Osennecho

Smash Ace
You put in a lot of work and read posts and watch youtube videos... MK has one of the lowest learning curves at LOW level play. Kirby appears to be or at least was generally agreed upon as the lowest all around. This doesn't mean it's easy to play competitively, just that it's easy to learn. Now you are trying to pick up a different vastly more difficult character. Get ready to read and practice a lot.
Here would be a good place to start: http://smashboards.com/threads/supe...-combo-thread-defensive-tire-play-new.295116/

It's somewhat outdated for the current meta, but you should learn all of these things if you pick up the character anyways at least for competitive play.
Also, I'd recommend playing the character and learning his general abilities/flaws first. One way to do this for most characters is to set yourself to 300% and fight cpus and 0%. This helps with spacing. It takes a reasonable amount of skill and ton of patience but it helps.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
You put in a lot of work and read posts and watch youtube videos... MK has one of the lowest learning curves at LOW level play. Kirby appears to be or at least was generally agreed upon as the lowest all around. This doesn't mean it's easy to play competitively, just that it's easy to learn. Now you are trying to pick up a different vastly more difficult character. Get ready to read and practice a lot.
Here would be a good place to start: http://smashboards.com/threads/supe...-combo-thread-defensive-tire-play-new.295116/
Thanks a lot.

It's somewhat outdated for the current meta, but you should learn all of these things if you pick up the character anyways at least for competitive play.
Also, I'd recommend playing the character and learning his general abilities/flaws first. One way to do this for most characters is to set yourself to 300% and fight cpus and 0%. This helps with spacing. It takes a reasonable amount of skill and ton of patience but it helps.

darf nate

Smash Cadet
play marth... its a higher tier character and i think it has the lowest learning curve of all the characters other than ike.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Last time this thread got a reply prior to today: April.

This is one of the few threads I've seen getting any replies for a while other than the Basic Brawl Friend Finder.

Top Bottom