• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs to switch moves anyways?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Writer wanted me to make an RMT so here's my first RMT ever.

This is my latest and most successful team. It's currently like 10-0 on the standard ladder and has won 3-5/0 every single time I've played with it. As the title suggests my team centers around the use of choice items, in fact every single pokemon on this team is choiced. That's right, EVERY SINGLE POKEMON. This makes for some very fast paced matches almost always ending in 15-20 turns.

Anyways, here is my team:

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP/248 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- U-turn
- Trick
- Stealth Rock

This Azelf is the best lead I have ever used. With a Choice Scarf Azelf outspeeds gyarados after a DD and can kill him with explosion. Trick cripples slower leads like bronzong, stealth rock is really helpful on any team and is usually gotten up after a trick or later in the game. U-turn is useful for scouting and especially against azelf leads who's sashes I break while switching to someone else to finish the job.

Here is what I do against some common leads:

Azelf - U-turn out to Heatran (Immune to Fire Blast takes laughable damage from Psychic) Who proceeds to Dragon Pulse to kill (Fire Blasts accuracy leaves some to be desired).

Metagross - I trick him first turn. If he sets up Rocks I set up my own while he switches, if he uses MeteorMash or Bulletpunch I switch to Heatran.

Aerodactyl - Trick him and laugh at his useless Taunt. U-turn out to scout the switch.

Jirachi - I outspeed and use stealth rock. Then I switch to heatran if he used Iron Head, Stealth Rock, or Trick.

Roserade - U-turn to Heracross. My team lol's at Toxic Spikes.

Smeargle - Trick a scarf on him and then switch to whoever depending on what he does.

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt

Standard Scarf Latias. Modest > Timid because my team is fast enough as it is. I wouldn't even swith in Latias if I couldn't OHKO someone with a timid nature. Immune to Ground attacks and has good synergy with Heatran. Draco Meteor puts a dent in everyhing whereas Dragon Pulse is for when I want to stay in longer. Surf and Thunderbolt are for coverage reasons.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Superpower

You all know what Choice Band Scizor does. The main purpose of this thing is to kill things that are too fast for my scarfers to take out. Gyara with two DDs or Kingra in the Rain or something similar. Pursuit has now been put over Quick Attack in order to help my stall problem, and because quick attack doesn't help mcuh. This thing is kept alive as long as possible in order save my *** in case I need it to.

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SpDef)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Explosion

This thing is reaaaaly fast and has great type coverage. Its a pretty standard revenge killer and was originally a Scarf Flygon, however often when I trick a scarf onto Bronzong or something he comes in and tries to explode on Latias or something so I switch in Gengar. Explosion is to take out a key wall on a stall team since my team doesn't really like stall.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Heatran is here for the synergy with Latias as well as his kersploding abilities. I need all the help I can get against stall and tricking is really not an option so I chose Explosion instead of Trick or something.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

My team was rather weak to status so I put Heracross in. He absorbs status other than sleep like a beast and puts large dents in everything.

My team is really built to handle Hyper Offense and Bulky Offense which are really dominating the metagame. With this much speed things have a really hard time setting up and so offensive teams have a hard time against me. Stall has the potential to be a problem, but with Gengar/Heatran hopefully exploding on Blissey this should be less of a problem.

Rate, compliment, hate do whatever.

Fun Fact! A previous version of this 4-0'd everyone's favorite Writer!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Azelf: Interesting. In theory you never lose a match-up, you tie with Metagross / Jirachi? Looks good, but why don't you replace this with Specs Empoleon / Starmie?

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Superpower

You all know what Choice Band Scizor does. The main purpose of this thing is to kill things that are too fast for my scarfers to take out. Gyara with two DDs or Kingra in the Rain or something similar. This is reflected in the choice of Quick Attack > Pursuit for help in revenging the afforementioned Gyarados and Kingdra. This thing is kept alive as long as possible in order save my *** in case I need it to.
Scizor with Quick Attack... how often do you use it?

tl;dr QA is not worth it, IMO, as it will only be used against some versions of Kingdra.

Fast stuff in OU that resists / survives Bullet Punch(es) and their speeds:
Scarf Jolly Flygon - 492 (2HKOd by Bullet Punch, sometimes carries Fire Blast)
Scarf Modest Latias - 478 (Rarely carries HP Fire, Pursuit would KO)
Scarf Timid PoryZ - 459 (Bullet Punch 2HKOs, he can't really hurt you)
Scarf Starmie - 439 (Pursuit would KO)

+2 Adamant / Jolly Gyarados - 522 / 574
How did he manage to get two Dragon Dances? Min / min defense Gyarados takes 32% from BP and 43% from QA. With Stealth Rock, you need to deal 57% damage to a Gyarados before it gets two DDs, sacrifice a Pokemon, then BP with Scizor to kill. Although Gyara is a legitimate threat, you won't be seeing many +2 Gyara with more than 68% HP with this kind of team.

16 Spe neutral nature +2 Kingdra - 420
Your Latias outspeeds, Draco Meteor ensues.
EDIT: Max speed neutral +2 Kingdra barely outspeeds Latias.
Min / min defense Kingdra takes 42% from QA.
Basically, +2 Kingdra can only be taken down by Quick Attack or Scarf Azelf's Explosion. Gengar and Heatran are outsped.

Scarf Heatran, Jirachi, Lucario, Magnezone, Agility Empoleon, and Rock Polish Metagross resist Quick Attack. Scarf Rotom and Gengar are immune.

Gengar and Heatran are standard stuff.

Why Jolly Hera?

Ugg

Smash Champion
Azelf: Looks good. Jirachi might do decent in his spot.

Latias: Looks good, aswell. I might recommend Modest because the only thing you out-speed with Timid that matters is +1 positive Speed natured Salamence, and Scizor / Heatran can already do a good number to it. There's not that much +speed nature DDMences anyway, IIRC.

Scizor: I would go Pursuit. It'd be nice to catch a Blissey on the switch, which could help you vs. stall. It's also just good in general.

Gengar: You'll want to use a Hasty (+spe, -def) Nature, so that you're not subtracting from Gengar's already abysmal attack.

Heatran: Looks standard, yay.

Heracross: Not a huge fan of Heracross, but I guess he works. The only thing that you're out-speeding with Jolly is +speed nature ScarfTran, and he's handled pretty well by the rest of your team. I'd go Adamant, here.

Overall, a pretty big Pursuit and somewhat stall weakness. You lack a way of hitting Swampert for SE, so I could see a Curse variant causing you some trouble.

Choice teams are great, good job.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Swampert could be a problem. Your best bet would be to switch between Latias and other Pokes and wear it down with Meteors.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm take a gander at U-Turning with Scizor into a Draco Meteor with Latias would take down most Swampert with little to no difficulty.

Ugg

Smash Champion
Neither U-Turn or Draco Meteor ever 2HKO, assuming Swampert has the standard CursePert spread. As Swampert gets more Curses, it'll take a measly amount from U-Turn, and it's able to set-up on Latias if it stays in and continues Meteoring via Rest/Sleep Talk.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I took all the previous advice. Any thoughts for swampert if you guys think it is such a problem? I haven't run into one yet, but I could see its problem causing potential.

I'm willing to replace hera with something that can take care of swampert, however I would like something immune to T-wave if at all possible.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Zapdos is a good counter. Ludicolo is just about perfect for countering Swampert.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Zapdos @ Choice Specs
Modest / Pressure
252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Thunderbolt
Heat Wave
HP Grass
Extrasensory

lol.

Give Gengar Energy Ball? Give Latias HP Grass? Give Azelf Grass Knot? Specs Mence with Draco Meteor (a bit redundant considering your Latias).

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Azelf, Gengar, etc. don't need 252 speed if they're scarfed; nothing with decent base speed does.

Since you're going for all choice....

Give Latias specs and maybe trick. Heracross + Guts + Sleeptalk = :) Especially since more people use sleep inducers these days + you basically are forced to switch every other turn lol.
Personally, I'd also replace Gengar with a SpecsJolt. It's **** :D

Also, if you plan on coming to JAB2 this weekend, let's play some pogeymans. Maybe DK dittos...

Riddle

Smash Lord
Lol, I saw midwest and then closed it. I live in Western NY and I am 14 years old. I can go to a tournament in like the Rochester/Buffalo area maybe other than that is a no.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Ohh, I got you confused with a guy named Ripple. He' lives in the midwest lol

sandrafax

Smash Rookie
Cheap burberry Scarf online store

The unique sense of smartness gained by Burberry scarf is the main reason to be popular in different places. Because this scarf adds a great touch to business wear or dinner wear, it can make all the difference between an average first impression and a second impression. Log on to the website to access more: 1designerscarves.com

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Have you thought about a Roopushin instead of Heracross?

Same fighting- has guts- better attack- and if you make it a rest sleeptalk set it can handle roserade better.
If you switch in heracross on Roserade's sleep powder your not in good standings. Please go more in depth with how you deal with smeargle and Roserade.

Have you thought about a Choice Specs Latias instead of Choice Scarf? What are you trying to outspeed with scarf?
Have you thought about a choice specs Gengar istead of Choice Scarf? What is the point of having scarf instead of specs?

And I'd suggest only switching ONE of those to specs...

Those are some little things I thought about.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
I feel like an idiot, im angry, mad, and i want to play pokemon and posting on these forums isnt satiating my need for it.

UGH.

Top Bottom