• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Isn't Going to Return

Kirye

Smash Ace
The only difference with Sheik is that she might appear as her own separate character rather than a Zelda transformation. Granted that they probably will use her TP model, so unless they model a new Sheik look TP-style, just for Brawl, Sheik will become a separate character.

Many say she'll get removed, but really there's no point in removing her. She's a valuable, and popular character in Smash bros. Just because she's no longer part of the Zelda universe is no reason to cut her. If that was the case, Mewtwo, Pichu and Jigglypuff which haven't really appeared as important characters in the new Pokemon games, or the anime, would be witnessing the same. As would characters like Ness, Ice Climbers, Dr. Mario, Marth and Roy, and Young link, who might be getting his new kid look from WW/PH.

You can all say the pokemon will appear in the new Wii pokemon game, but in the end, aren't they just more generic pokemon along from the other 300-400? Pikachu's the only one who's been showed every episode in the anime, so he's the only one considered somewhat important.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
1) How do you know the Gale Boomerang won't be in Brawl? The last trailer showed that his arrows have been improved considerably. They might actually be really useful now! [/sarcasm]

2) On the same token, we don't know if Shiek is gone for good, either. This is mostly my opinion, but the backdrop for TP was unusual for a Zelda game, as far as timeline and world go. If the next major console Zelda is a TP sequel, don't expect Ganon, at least. And not to mention, /spoiler
the Shiekah were not gone completely in TP, and with a game like Zelda where chronology and history are so nebulous, it wouldn't be hard at all to bring them back at some point. I was dissapointed the Shiekah and Gerudo were absent in TP, I thought they were the most interesting species in Zelda.

3) Has anyone said Doc? I really hope so, I hate Doc! He's the cheapest char in the game.

BTW, if Shiek is still there, I think she'll be nerfed, as Marth and Fox likely will be.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hmm, okay Diddy Kong, I see where you're coming from. However, I still have a few more counter-points.
1) Before I really get into anything, look at thiese pictures:

Now try and tell me that Link from Smash Bros 64 didn't look like his OOT model.
Okay, now that that's out of my system...

2)I wouldn't say that Link in Melee was based more off of OOT than the Link from smash bros 64 was. Link in Melee was based off of OOT only because OOT was still the only 3D appearance of link to go on. I'd say that every Link from every smash bros so far has been representing all the Links from all the Legend of Zelda games. Similarly, I'd also say that when Zelda and Ganondorf were added, they weren't made in their OOT images because they were representing the game, but because thus far they hadn't yet made another 3D appearance to go off of. (Ganondorf is a slight exeption, as OOT was his first appearance, but I'd say that since he's continued to appear in Zelda games that it was more of an evolution of an existing character of Ganon, NOT the creation of a new one).
Sheik was added not for her own sake, but because she happens to be something Zelda can do, er... something she can be.

3) And you may be right, Sheik may not appear in another Zelda game, but is that any reason to cut her as a character? I say no.
Now, you suggested Midna (or anyone from TP) as a character. But can you really expect Midna to appear in another Zelda game after TP? Not really. No more than you would expect to see agahnim, or Ralph, or Skull Kid, or Veran, or any of those other characters who will only ever appear in one Zelda game. However, although Sheik is a part of this crowd, I'd say she has a few qualities that cause her to stand out from the rest of the pack, the most important of which is this: Sheik is Zelda.

4) Okay, THIS is why I believe Sheik was added. Zelda needs something to do. The appearance of Sheik was Zelda's first real step away from being the captive princess. In OOT you found out that she was useing her magic to disguise herself and actively fight against Ganondorfs rein. Now, I haven't played all of TP, but I'm assuming she does the same thing (fight against her captor, not becoming Sheik). Zelda's sheika disguise personifies her ability to fight against her captor. In it's in this respect that I believe that Sheik stands apart from the other one-shot characters.

5) Sheik has already appeared in smash bros and is already really popular. In this respect she's already a Nintendo all-star. Cutting her just to keep with the current games seems, well, odd and counter-intuitive when it comes to making a game with such high expectations as Brawl does. Just my opinion.

6) Okay, fine, I'll admit that Zamus seems Sheik like. But we haven't seen all that much of her, so you never know.
1) Okay, you got me there. SSB64 Link is the closest to OoT Link you can get...

2) Ehm, well I think it's pretty oblivous that Link in SSBM is OoT Link since in the beginning movie of Melee he's playing on the Ocarina of Time. Still, say whatever you want but Sheik was added because of OoT, and Young Link because of OoT and Majora's Mask.

3) No, I also have my doubts for Midna to appear in another Zelda game. But therefore I want her in Brawl to replace Sheik's spot. Why Sheiks? Well, because Sheik was an OoT-only character, and Midna a TP-only one... Maybe that doesn't makes much sence, but for me it does. Also... *SPOILER*
Skull Kid DID appear in Twilight Princess, and Midna's princess form looks alot like Veran.
*SPOILER*

4) Okay, that's fine. I agree with what you said here but still... If Sheik had to return, she wouldn't be a transformation of Zelda, but rather a stand alone character. Then we'll have 2 Zelda's in Brawl, which is pretty confusing.

5) Yeah, Sheik is a very populair character in the Smash Bros. comunity I agree. But so are characters as Dr.Mario. I mean, everybody has a favorite character. Some people like Pichu, others hate him. Same goes for every character... Look at Roy for example... The only reason why people want him to be cut is because there are newer Fire Emblem characters that deserve his spot. I think the same goes for Sheik...

6) I also agree with that, we haven't seen much of Zamus yet... But still I say she'd be a good replacement for Sheik. But hey, Sheik still might be in Brawl because we almost know nothing about the game yet...

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
I think that the çlones' most go. And with that I mean the Doc, Pichu, Young Link, Roy and Falco. They al have the same moves as the original ones and that isn't needed.
Sheik must stay, with Zelda she's an unique character thanks to the 'two to one' character., and in Melee she's the best tier player, and with Zelda that compensates.
Ice Climbers also don't need to go because their directly with two. If their would be a reason for them to go is that thanks to them the Ditto'plans cancelled.
Also Mewto must go, he's to old, it can better be a new pokemon.
And Midna must come.

Top Bottom