• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your secondary?

Chief Chili

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChiefChili
3DS FC
4399-0356-3573
If you have one of course. I personally can't decide between Kirby, Sonic, Jiggs or Robin. Kirby, like DK, got a bunch of nerfs that make me not like him as much (downthrow, upthrow, inhale). The only difference is that DK is always fun to play for me so I stick with him. Sonic is good with a lot of safe options but since I'm used to his Project M moveset he doesn't feel right to me. Jiggs just feels great and is the one that I'm leaning towards the most. Robin is cool but I feel relies too much on approaching with arcfire. Also being off-stage without elwind is terrible.

Which character, including the entire roster do you think would best compliment DK?

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
^respect.

I secondary R.O.B. He does very well against campy characters and I like the rosalina mu as rob.

Here is some advice for people looking to pick a secondary to DK because Dk is one of those characters that has enough bad MUs to have a secondary.

First find out what mus you are not willing to play and what mus you a back up for. For me I refuse to play rosalina, and I like to have a back up for characters like zss.

Secondly browse the forums and find out what characters beat the characters you refuse to play against, Warning don't just go right for the characters worst match up. Many people have secondarys for their worst mus or devote tons of time making sure they will always beat your pocket counter pick.

Find a character that does well or even against your bad mus and make sure you pick someone you are comfortable with already.
Then it's all practice from there on out.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Right now, it's Ike. Why? Because I like Ike.

Ike seems like a pretty solidly mid tier character, to me; in other words, I find him nicely balanced. He doesn't destroy any one character, sure, but he doesn't seem to be destroyed by any one character, either.

I still have a glaring weakness to camping characters and some of the top tiers, between DK and Ike. It bothers me a little, but until Mewtwo comes out and I see what it will play like, I'm not sure who else to play as, honestly.

I like Dedede and Lucina, but I'm not sure either of them would do much good.

RiotLettuce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiotLettuce
3DS FC
0877-2587-1813
I secondary Falco, because I really enjoy playing as the new nerfed Falco.

However when I get spammed to death I always have a pocket Sheik that can get in.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Falco, Jigglypuff, Mii Gunner, Villager and Pacman

heck...I don't even know if I could call DK my main, let alone any character

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
My secondary is Zelda, apparently I like getting my ass kicked.

Watulio

Smash Cadet
I main the dorf, but I can't resist using my hommie DK. I can't get enough of his slam dunk meteor.

DiggersBoy

Smash Apprentice
My main is Meta Knight, and I've recently picked up DK as a secondary.

They compliment each other well. I really like Meta Knight's playstyle, yet I'm a really big fan of DK's combo game.

Oh and Lucina because waifu

Top Bottom