• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your all time favorite videogame character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
(this is referring to the Twin Snakes version) well...technically i didnt beat him (didnt feel like using rations), but the fact that I was able to deal some pretty good damage w/o switching ports indicates that it can be done.

I used mainly AK47 (or whatever the basic machine gun for the twin snakes was) and just at odd times just choose to fire randomly.

fiercedeitylives88

Smash Rookie
Well looking at my user name you take a guess......
fierce deity, not much has been said about this mysterious character
from majora's mask.
I believe he is Link's true form from ages ago
when gods and men lived asone,
and now he prosides as protctor of the realm
being the fierce deity he is.

ElijahTheProphet

Smash Cadet
Devilkoopa said:
(this is referring to the Twin Snakes version) well...technically i didnt beat him (didnt feel like using rations), but the fact that I was able to deal some pretty good damage w/o switching ports indicates that it can be done.

I used mainly AK47 (or whatever the basic machine gun for the twin snakes was) and just at odd times just choose to fire randomly.
Devilkoopa, you're referring to Psyco Mantis. Revolver Ocelot is the old guy with the stache' cowboy boots, and the Colt Single Action Army Revolver. Psyco Mantis is the guy you're talking about; the one with the gas mask on and who levitates. And I'm pretty sure that you can't beat Psyco Mantis without switching the ports. Some one correct me if I'm wrong but the game just won't allow you to beat him with out switching the controller ports. I've played Twin Snakes a lot and I've tried it. Doesn't work. Its just a simple misunderstanding though; no harm done. :laugh: (Oh yea its a FA-MAS assult rifle that you're talking about not an AK)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
ElijahTheProphet said:
I'm pretty sure that you can't beat Psyco Mantis without switching the ports. Some one correct me if I'm wrong but the game just won't allow you to beat him with out switching the controller ports. I've played Twin Snakes a lot and I've tried it. Doesn't work. Its just a simple misunderstanding though; no harm done. :laugh: (Oh ye
I've played the PS version lots of times and you can beat him without switching ports it's just harder.

You've been corrected.

ElijahTheProphet

Smash Cadet
Chill said:
I've played the PS version lots of times and you can beat him without switching ports it's just harder.

You've been corrected.
Sorry Chill, but you stand corrected. I'm pretty sure I specified that it was Twin Snakes for the Gamecube. On the Gamecube you CAN'T beat him without switching ports. Nice try, but no cigar. :laugh:

YOU'VE been corrected

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It's the same game. Why would they force you to beat the boss more easily? I'm 99.99% sure that you just don't know how to beat him without switchting ports. If you can find a official walkthrough for twin snakes that says switching ports is the ONLY way to beat Mantis then I guess its been changed.

But like I said it's the same game, why would you have to do something easier?

Pikachu is so cool.*

*fake attempt at staying on topic.

ElijahTheProphet

Smash Cadet
Well as you Should know, when Silicon Knights re-did the original Metal Gear Solid into Twin Snakes they made it, not only more difficult, but they patched up some of the mistakes and glitches that were included in the origional. If you ever play Twin Snakes I can GARUNTEE you, that you can shoot Manits all you want but he will dodge EVERY shot. If I could copy and past the page of the players guide I would. It does say that its the only way, by the way. Thats not one of the only changes they made though. If you want to talk to me about all of the changes I will be happy to discuss them with you. :)

And I'm almost 99.9% sure that you have never even played Twin Snakes, and if you have you haven't played it very thouroughly, let alone actually beat it. When they re-did everything they had to take into consideration that you wouldn't be switching between only two ports but now, since the GC has 4 ports, you would have to decide which of the four you thought would work. Rather than forcing you to do it an easier way, they made it harder.

One other thing. Even if you did want it harder you could just set the difficulty setting up from the range of Very Easy, to Very Hard. Nice Try

Yea Pikachu is pretty sweet

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Like I said I'm pretty sure you just don't know how to beat him. You can't just shoot him you have to wait till you get the call to swicth ports. DON'T do it. Keep waiting and you'll see.

ElijahTheProphet

Smash Cadet
Lol ok Chill just keep goin with it. Its cute, but now its grown up time and we're going to talk about topics that are, you know, RIGHT.

Every time you have an objection just look back at my previous post k?

... Just like pikachu?

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
That one guy from that game with the stuff where he does things and has that kind of attitude. Yeah, he's my fav.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Chill said:
It's the same game. Why would they force you to beat the boss more easily? I'm 99.99% sure that you just don't know how to beat him without switchting ports. If you can find a official walkthrough for twin snakes that says switching ports is the ONLY way to beat Mantis then I guess its been changed.

But like I said it's the same game, why would you have to do something easier?

Pikachu is so cool.*

*fake attempt at staying on topic.
The same game you say? Did the original PS game have MGS2 elements put in and did Snake ever did any of those Twin Snake stunts (like jumping on a missile)?

super_sonic

Smash Journeyman
in hylule castle,northeast tower room 472
two favorites:

sonic,
games: sonic the hedgehog 1,2,3, sonic pinball ,sonic 3-d,sonic adventure, sonic adventure 2,sonic adventure dx, sonic adventure 2 battle, sonic advanced 1,2,3, shadow the hedgehog(not released yet but i already know hes in.)

systems,
sega genisis,saturn,dreamcast,gamecube and probably in the futre ps3,revolution.

link,
games:legend of zelda, zelda 2, legend of zelda a link to the past, orcarina of time, magoras mask, wind waker, the twilight princess(not out yet) and a series of crappy cd games, the 4 swords, oracle of ages/seasons

systems,
all made by nintendo.

link,

Armygeddon Bomb

Smash Ace
Character:Mario(Hero)

Games: Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Mario Kart series, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Party series, and Super Smash Bros. Melee.(There are more, but I will be here all night to list them.)

System: All Nintendo systems

Character: Bowser(Evil)

Games: Most of Mario's games.

System: All Nintendo systems

Echo

Smash Champion
Justin Bailey, by far

Character: Samus Aran

Appearances: Metroid(NES) - Metroid II: Return of Samus(GB) - Super Metroid(SNES) - Metroid Fusion(GBA) - Metroid: Zero Mission(GBA) - Metroid Prime(GCN) - Metroid Prime II: Echoes/Dark Echoes(GCN) - Metroid Prime Pinball(DS) - Metroid Prime Hunters(DS) - Super Smash Brothers(N64) - Super Smash Brothers Melee(GCN)

Tempest 01

Smash Journeyman
master jiggywiggy 45 said:
The character that is my favorite and will always be no matter what is Sonic the Hedgehog!!!!
I change.

1. Sonic- Blue, runs really fast, and the games kickass!! __ Any Sonic the Hedgehog game.

2. Cloud Strife- He's got a freaky long sword and is mystriously cool. __ FF7

3. Link- He has a kool outfit, but it ain't blue; you gotta have blue. He has a blue sword, blue sheild, hi boomerang is sometimes blue, etc. He lost points for style (yea, he has other outfits, but still). And he has a freaking useless fairy, who like Navi? NOBODY!!

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
In my secret base, in a secret location, plotting
I have several favorites in my heart...

First of all, Miles "Tails" Prower. I like him even more than Sonic; he's been my favorite video game character for many years. ^_^
Games: Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Sonic 3, Tails Sky Patrol, Tails Adventure, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Advance
Systems: Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Game Gear, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo Gamecube

Second, Mega Man. Simply put, he kicks @**. :)
Games: Mega Man 1, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Mega Man 4, Mega Man 5, Mega Man 6, Mega Man 7, Mega Man 8, Mega Man X, Mega Man X2, Mega Man X3, Mega Man X4, Mega Man X5, Mega Man X6, Mega Man X7, Mega Man X8, Mega Man Battle Network, Mega Man Battle Network 2, Mega Man Battle Network 3, Mega Man Soccer, Mega Man: The Wily Wars, you get the idea...
Systems: Nintendo NES, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Playstation, Playstation 2, Nintendo Gamecube, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance

Third, Dr. Sloth. Why else do you think I have his name and avatar? ;)
Game: Neopets
System: PC

kirbyspeople

Smash Cadet
the blue cow from earthbound in the happy happy village and the guy who has the fruit stand in the same place. he always waits there in case u steal. the blue cow is modest and looks great

ParkaPalFred

Smash Rookie
Error. You just can't beat him.
Games: The Legend of Zelda: The Adventure of Link
System: NES

Kirby.
-Games: Kirby's Pinball Land, Kirby's Dream Course, Kirby's BLock Ball, kirby's Star Stacker, Kirby's Avalanche, Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby's Dream Land (I, II, and III), Kirby 64, Kirby: Nightmare in DreamLand, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Kirby's Tilt n' Tumble, Kirby: Air Ride and the in development Kirby GCN.
-System: All of Nintendo's, other than Virtual Boy.
-Reason: Aside from Air Ride (IMO), all of his games have been great, with some (Tilt N' Tumble and Canvas Curse) pushing the boundaries of games. Plus, he's such a non-stereotypical hero.

dedtr9

Smash Rookie
I seem to like people named chaos.

Name: chaos
Games: sonic adventure, sonic adventure 2 battle
bio: a water monster that feeds of the choas emeralds, if he gets seven.... :flame: :rocket:
:tnt:

other chaos: Choas
games:Xenosaga series
bio:a young kid. can attack a ghost race called Gnosis. attacks with angel powers like
Cherubim bomb, and Seraphim rush. :)

Osco EDIT: For the sake of others, don't use that many smileys

UsedSprockets

Smash Cadet
my two favorites are...
Link: there's enough descriptions of him already, if you are one of the few that doesn't know who he is, look at one of those descriptions.

Master Chief: from Halo:CE and Halo 2, a military commander of the forces of Earth from an Alien invasion in the future. He was once a regular human, but he was required to go into military training at age 6 along with about 100 others. At age 14, he had special chemicals infused into him to give him supernatural abilities such as running about 100 Kilometers an hour, and enough strength to pick up 1 ton with one hand.These saviors of Earth were given the name Spartans. He was given special armor at this point that gave him a built in, rechargeable sheid to reflect bullets. He has a very advance computer AI to guide him when he needs help. At the point when the game takes place, all of the Spartans (except Master Chief of course) have died either from the chemical infusion, or from battle. He has no superpowers or magic or anything, just his large arsonal of guns.

hero_oftime333

Smash Cadet
Link. Who else. I mean, sure a fat plumber that jumps is pretty cool, or the various superhumans in armor but no one beats sickenly awesome games with link in them

royandmarth

Smash Cadet
Sonic:
Games:Sonic 1,2,3 ,3d,knuckles,... and the rest
Reason: Cool, fast, bada$$ attitude but at the same time fights for justice and is friendly.

Jak:
Games:Jak 1,2,3,jakx
Total bada$$!!!!!! (in the second and third one) He has a nice arsenal, funny sidekick, and get's the job done.

Mario:
do i have to mention all of them?
In the nintendo/sega wars i hated mario. But you got to give credit to the guy

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
hmm alot of sonics...personally i like to be a rebel, so ill add in these guys:

Shadow the hedgehog: Im a huge bizarro-hero fan, so a black sonic is only what comes naturally (also, knuckles copped out over the years)

Venom (as in spiderman, not the Guilty gear guy)- *see shadow*

Brian Fury- Tekkan Series: Okay, the reason he is my fav. tekken character is because of 2 thingsL 1. Brian, like me, is the only kickboxer in tekken. 2. He is an undead swat guy who is insane. (when u have a move that punches a guy below the belt, throws him over your head, all the while brian's cackling. you got an insane fighter)

Nightmare- Soul caliber: M'kay, this is more of a personal one, because i jus tlove the fact that he has like 6 different stances, and you can moves between 4 of them within 3 seconds (let me see if i can remember it: A,<-A, BDOWN, B *repeat*) . It's as if he is dancing with his own blade (yeah..i know they're also that green chick in SC3, but i havnt played that one yet)

Voldo- Okay, if nightmare dances with his blade, Voldo makes loves with them. Constantly flipping, spinning, girating, he acts as if his arms and legs are covered with blades, and you're opponent honestly has little ideas what he is doing...oh also his 3rd SC2 costume makes him an alien. and he has a pounce attack. That's prety awesome.

Furher

Smash Rookie
My Favorate Characters are:

Samus Aran : Metroid Series : For kicking butt and saving the universe.

Zero : From the Megaman X and Megaman Zero series : All out, hardcore Maverick Hunter.

Sephiroth : FF7 : You Know Why.

Ridley: Also from Metroid, hes just a cool boss to fight against.

and

Auron: From FF 10 : He Rocks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom