• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the most balanced character?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Kind of self-explanatory, who do you think is the character with the best balance of strengths and weaknesses? I think it's Roy. Easy to pick up, hard to master, hits like a brick and moves fast, but has a bad recovery and bad range.

Last edited:

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
I feel like Marth would be most balance to me (even though this is a fighting game where unbalanced is everywhere.) He does 'okay' damage when you don't attack with the tip and you benefit from hitting with the tip through small percent changes (ex: 1%, 2%, 3% increase etc.) which all add up of course. He's pretty fast, a good vertical recovery, and good edgeguarding. He suffers from having hardly any horizontal recovering other than B-special and he does have considerable amounts of end lag on poorly spaced/used aerials.

Honestly, I could even say Lucina is probably my picked for balanced character but they're both relatively the same.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Most balanced character by far IMO is Mii Swordfighter. Super strong attacks, but slightly slow frame data on those attacks. Also frame 7 jumpsquat and low-ish mobility to prevent the dthrow upair from being super easy like Diddy's, however he still has decent run speed and can edgeguard well with his tools.

He just feels like the most honest character in the game to me.

Last edited:

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
I would have to say the Pits. In previous games, Mario has been the epitome of the "average" character, but he's too powerful in this game for that to apply. Pit is a character that can be played in a variety of styles, doesn't have any crazy moves, has decent combos, throws, and kill power, etc. Basically, he's a completely typical character apart from his multiple jumps, which still aren't all that unusual. He doesn't kill at 60%, he doesn't spam projectiles, he doesn't have unusual normals. And finally, he sits in a good-but-not-spectacular place on the tier list.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I think either Mario or the original Pit. Mario still has remarkable strenghts (very fast and strong moves, good combos) while having major issues (poor range, people don't exploit his recovery enough). Pit, however, is probably even easier to play, with the only real weakness he has is his damage output, which is kinda low. Well, his Up Smash is kinda wonky as well.

_SoRa_

Smash Cadet
I believe Captain Falcon:4falcon: is the most balanced character.
Almost as fast as Sonic, Almost as powerful as Ike but with recovery bad and predictable and combo food plus easy to play and overall good character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4pit::4darkpit:

These two. They have absolutely no glaring flaws or strengths, they even do the all-rounder archetype better than :4mario: I'd say.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think either Mario or the original Pit. Mario still has remarkable strenghts (very fast and strong moves, good combos) while having major issues (poor range, people don't exploit his recovery enough). Pit, however, is probably even easier to play, with the only real weakness he has is his damage output, which is kinda low. Well, his Up Smash is kinda wonky as well.
Mario isn't all that balanced. He's better than a huge chunk of the cast because he excels in getting combos and he has some of the best frame data of the whole cast.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
Mario isn't all that balanced. He's better than a huge chunk of the cast because he excels in getting combos and he has some of the best frame data of the whole cast.
Agreed, if he wasn't Mario I don't think many people would consider him to be the "standard" character.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
The reason Mario doesn't fit is his dumb unpunishable upsmash and smashes in general, which are probably the best set of smashes in the game. Very few characters can spam their smashes like that, it's definitely not standard.

Also he's a top tier, hard to argue that he's the most balanced when he's better than most all the rest of the cast.

I'd also go with Pit, to me he's the definition of standard. But not Dark Pit because of that side B buff a few patches ago.

Last edited:

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
The reason Mario doesn't fit is his dumb unpunishable upsmash and smashes in general, which are probably the best set of smashes in the game. Very few characters can spam their smashes like that, it's definitely not standard.

Also he's a top tier, hard to argue that he's the most balanced when he's better than most all the rest of the cast.

I'd also go with Pit, to me he's the definition of standard. But not Dark Pit because of that side B buff a few patches ago.
To be honest, I don't think that the side B buff really changes his status at all. It's better, yeah, and probably makes him better than Pit, but it's still a difficult kill move to land and he still relies on up smash. Even after the patch, I still think that any statement you make about Pit applies to Dark Pit too.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
By OP's definition of "balanced" (equal strengths and weaknesses), I'd say :4pit:. By my own definition (strengths that shine through with just enough of a counterbalance to keep it fair), :4mario:.

Last edited:

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
I agree about the Pit Brothers

They are the most balanced

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

He's not top tier. High tier, yes, but he's definitely not top. Too many characters above him to be top, too many below him to be mid. That said, I do think he's top five.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I feel like Marth would be most balance to me (even though this is a fighting game where unbalanced is everywhere.) He does 'okay' damage when you don't attack with the tip and you benefit from hitting with the tip through small percent changes (ex: 1%, 2%, 3% increase etc.) which all add up of course. He's pretty fast, a good vertical recovery, and good edgeguarding. He suffers from having hardly any horizontal recovering other than B-special and he does have considerable amounts of end lag on poorly spaced/used aerials.

Honestly, I could even say Lucina is probably my picked for balanced character but they're both relatively the same.
Probly pit/dark pit?

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
He's not top tier. High tier, yes, but he's definitely not top. Too many characters above him to be top, too many below him to be mid. That said, I do think he's top five.
I mean, semantics here really. By top tier I meant top 10, but if by top tier you mean top 3 then ok.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
I mean, semantics here really. By top tier I meant top 10, but if by top tier you mean top 3 then ok.
Top 10 would be pretty universally called high tier, not top tier. Right now top tier only refers to Sheik, ZSS, and Rosalina.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
True, the current tier list does need an update, but I think the top tier slots have stayed consistent for quite awhile now.
Indeed. I doubt those three are gonna move...

Come to think of it, I doubt any of the changes might change much (although Bowser might drop a few places)

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
Indeed. I doubt those three are gonna move...

Come to think of it, I doubt any of the changes might change much (although Bowser might drop a few places)
It's possible that Bayonetta may knock ZSS or Rosalina out of their spot, she's still a total wildcard. I don't think anything else is gonna do it.

Top Bottom