• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who is the best

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Samus. Because Kirby does lots of work off the edge, leaving room for unrestrained missile spam. You can also steal her charge shot power. In essence, a good Samus/Kirby team is incredibly potent if done correctly.

Samus needs to first use her crowd control powers and get one opponent off the edge for Kirby to finish with Bair, Uair or Fair.

You can use the charge shot to edgeguard (or "airguard", as mentioned in the competetive Kirby guide). I actually got most of this info from that guide, so you should read up, as it's one of the best guides on the SWF.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kirby teams well with many characters because of his small size, evasiveness and edge/air guarding. He lacks KOing oomph, so characters that hit hard or can get opponents off the stage fast are good choices.

During the fracas, Kirby's best strategy is as a "disruptor". He keeps opponents off guard with evasion, crouching and weak attacks. D-tilt, F-tilt, B-air, F-air, and N-air knock opponents just far enough away that a team mate can take over and continue the combo or go for a stronger finishing hit. He's also good at watching his ally's back during the fight, interrupting combos, breaking his friend out of a grab, and clearing out edge guarders.

Off hand, characters that work well with Kirby include Fox, Falco, Peach, Samus, Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ness, and Zelda.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
DK. No one else comes close. Too many team combos and the ultimate edge-game team.
I had a hunch you'd say DK. :laugh: I myself have personally never played teams with a DK yet, but I can see how it would work. If I ever find someone in my area with a decent DK, i'll try that combo out.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
I had a hunch you'd say DK. :laugh: I myself have personally never played teams with a DK yet, but I can see how it would work. If I ever find someone in my area with a decent DK, i'll try that combo out.
It's the one thing I do best with Kirby... partner my DK with him. :)

But for real, The Scythe and I have been telling each other we'd make a video of our team combos... but laziness is quite a mighty foe... as is forgetfullness. It is the one team we can't beat. Them and maybe a pair of space animals. :p

Kirby partners well with many characters actually. T!mmy touched on some of his great team qalities, but there are some others I feel the need to mention.

He can save his partner by n-airing or reverse swallowing and spitting him out (they go towards the stage and up after being shot out) when the person can't make it back to the stage.

Also, his moves seem to set up people for power attacks from the teammate so well. This becomes even more devastating when the partner is a powerful character with mainly linear attacks. Characters like Marth, Falcon, Fox and such have strong moves, but they are more like berserkers destroying everything in their path which often times is an enemy and ally. Since Kirby already dies easily, he doesn't need to worry about having his partner killing him as well.

Thus DK. And you get power bonuses for having the sexiest team!

StaticJim

Smash Rookie
i wouldnt know but me and my friend usually is kirby(me) and gannon(him) for some reason it usually always works.:confused:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'd say that Jigglypuff does well with Kirby because they can both float and kirby can steal jigglypuff's awsome 'b' move.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Its always best to team a kirby with a projectile user for rediculous edge gaurding. A falco or a samus works well as does ness for pk thunder. fox's laser doesnt work(obviously), but he's still a great teammate, his fast ground attacks makes for a great balance of kirby's airiel attacks. also good is roy or dk because they have med speed and strong attacks. but for me the best is always falco.

OneOutOfManyMore

Smash Rookie
I do not usually play doubles, but it would seem to me that Captain Falcon would be a good teamate. If you worked it right I am sure Kirby could set him up for some good knees, and then CF would have a good partner to deal with the edge gaurding.

Top Bottom