• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the best Ness player?

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Mew2King mentioned on reddit that Ness was one of the best character so I want to see an example of that.

Bryonato

Green Hat
Ness is definitely not top 5 like m2k believes (though I do think he's top 15).

Best Ness is Awestin pretty much hands down. Nobody else gets results like he does.

Other notable Ness' are the NZA, Gmaster171, and Tetraflora.
Calabrel doesn't count because he doesn't enter tournaments.

Kokomaniac

Smash Journeyman
I've read m2k's opinions of pm and posts about characters, and although he has a point about a lot of what he says about pm and its jank or whatever, I honestly don't put much stock into his assessments of ness, he seems to dislike pm too much lol. Ness is great tho it just seems to be difficult to succeed as him

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I've read m2k's opinions of pm and posts about characters, and although he has a point about a lot of what he says about pm and its jank or whatever, I honestly don't put much stock into his assessments of ness, he seems to dislike pm too much lol. Ness is great tho it just seems to be difficult to succeed as him
I think his issue lies less with PM as much as it does with the PMBR, and it's not entirely unjustified (avoiding namesearch but Str0ngbad drama come to mind). M2K is actually relatively optimistic/enthusiastic about PM compared to several Melee vets.

Last edited:
If you look at Ness in the confines of a Melee character, you can see where the sentiment comes from. Ness has a very simple game plan that works even into the top levels of play, and it ruffles quite a few feathers.

I don't personally feel like Ness is Top 5 or better, but he's pretty high up on the Tier List of Gimmicky B.S.

CaptinMoses

Smash Cadet
I asked Mew2King on his stream why he thought Ness was top 5, and his response was that Awestin beat his Mario and Mewtwo quite easily, and that he only just won 2-1 with Fox. He went on to say that He nearly JV5'd him in Melee, so it must be that PM Ness is that good. So the best Ness would have to be Awestin, however yo shouldn't listen to M2K when he says someone is top 5, I think he was just salty.

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Jose V is now probably the best Ness main; Stereokidd was also highly regarded.

There are too other good Ness mains to look out for, such as Washington's Aki, and Maryland's Kumatora (a.k.a. Harmak), who both placed well in The Even Bigger Balc just this past weekend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom