• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the best character overall?(IYO)

-Champ-

Smash Apprentice
Just want to know, who do you think is the best character in general? The one that has a complete move set, and is just overall a balanced character, with a few ATs that puts them over the top. (Wii U)

Last edited:

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
IMO, R.O.B. Pretty much everything is useful on his kit, I never find myself neglecting a Special, I use all jabs, Aerials, smashes, etc.

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
Pretty confident it's still Rosalina. Luma OP.

I played ROB on 3ds for 500 games in For Glory, and while I think he's better than people give him credit for I don't think he can stand up to a really solid Rosalina. Even with the nerfs she's still great.

Ninpalk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ninpalk
3DS FC
2148-8192-8931
I feel Rosaluma is still strongest, lots of people can learn her fast and efficiently, much like how meta knight was in Brawl.

FireOfExile

Smash Cadet
NNID
fireofexile
3DS FC
2363-5961-4897
Villager. His Pocket catches a ridiculous range of attacks, like Pikachu's Thunderbolt and even another Villager's tree to reuse later. Lloid rockets and Balloon Trip are almost always a guaranteed recovery. The tree and side smash both have high launching power, and his dash attack / side air both utilize projectiles that are good for keeping opponents away

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Supposedly, Diddy Kong is the best character in the game. IMO? Lucario takes the crown, with Rosalina & Luma and Zero Suit Samus right behind.

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
I can agree with Diddy as well.

Rosaluma, Diddy, ZSS, Lucario, Shiek (even with the nerfs) are my top 5 atm, in no particular order.

Stilll Alive

Smash Cadet
Diddy players are good but require a great amount of execution, I think Zss really has the 2nd spot behind rosalina, the most simple minded player can spam stun gun, from there run in for grab if they block, if they jump over to avoid stun just up smash.

You pretty much will never completely avoid getting hit

"Don't get hit" phrase comes to mind

Last edited:

Anthuhny

Smash Cadet
Diddy has a basically guaranteed kill of his down throw, need I say more?

the8thark

Smash Lord
Rosalina has been said by most people I have talked to, to be the most powerful character by a long shot. So many people are saying this, just by that spread it really can't be wrong.

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
I have serious trouble against ROB and Rosalina. By that I mean it feels like I have very few wins compared to my losses against them.

Yoshi can be a problem too for me.

That being said, I feel strong playing as Greninja. Sheik and ZSS are the characters I recommend to my friends when they play for the first time because they aren't complicated and are also pretty tough.

Top Bottom