• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who holds the advantage in an Ike vs Captain Falcon MatchUp?

SPANIARDBOI

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5043-3209-5694
I have been struggling a lot against Captain Falcon (Mainly his knee) and I can't seem to be quick enough to capitalize on him. Any tips?

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
falcon holds a decently sized advantage imo. I'll let an ike player explain how ike should approach it tho

Commander

Smash Ace
That match up is even. Whoever messes up first loses. The difference is that Falcon will mess up his approach while Ike would mess up his defense. Don't try to out speed Falcon, you never will. When Falcon comes at you, you just need to put your sword between yourself and him. In SoCal most Falcons use aerial approaches so I try to utilt them out of it which can lead another utilt, nair, and/or uair. Make sure t not get baited by the Falcon into attacking because that can very easily cost you a stock.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It used to be in Ike's favor back in the wonky Ike days lol. It's pretty even, slight advantage for either character based on stage. Really tiny stages benefit Ike way more, so if you can trick them onto a small starter you should do so

Top Bottom