• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the best air game?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Pit's is decent, though by no means the best. I'm not sure who has the absolute best, or if there's even a notified rubric by which it's judged, though I'd say Jigglypuff and Sheik would be good contenders.

Ganondorf is surprisingly scary in the air, so long as you're in the opponent's space and don't actually have to recover.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
OK, from what I've gathered Rosa and Luma both CAN go in the air to do stuff or maybe finish people off but mostly just stays on the ground. I haven't seen too much footage of aerial Luma but still, I have to give this one to MarioMeteor.
Just because the players in the videos you see do it, doesn't mean they are utilising the character's potential correctly. A lot of Rosalina players simply aren't aware of Rosalina's own properties and strengths because they rely on Luma too much.

Rosalina should be using her aerials a lot as they have a really good flow and she can move around a lot, and they cut right through a lot of attacks, and outrange most other fighters too. By contrast, her ground moves are quite stiff, as she has really high traction. They are just as good, but the key is to use both effectively. Though her focus should be on aerials a bit more, when she is on her own, as it is much safer and she can get easy KO's with U-air.

Last edited:

Robotstephen

Smash Rookie
NNID
swfjr1
3DS FC
4914-5969-9469
I would say Yoshi, Kirby, Jiggly, Meta Knight, and peach. I believe them to be the best.

Troykv

Smash Master
Pit's is decent, though by no means the best. I'm not sure who has the absolute best, or if there's even a notified rubric by which it's judged, though I'd say Jigglypuff and Sheik would be good contenders.

Ganondorf is surprisingly scary in the air, so long as you're in the opponent's space and don't actually have to recover.
Ganondorf is weird... he has awkward air movement... But his aerial attacks are REALLY painful xD

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
My opinions on everyone's A attacks in the air.
Easiest to make contact successfully: :4mario:
Most powerful: :4ganondorf:
Most unique: :4villager:
Most difficult to make contact successfully: :4pit::4darkpit:(I have no idea, but I NEVER hit with their aerials successfully)
Least powerful: :4littlemac:
Least unique: Well... probably :4littlemac:
Most satisfying aerial attack overall: :4megaman: Up-air. When that little tornado drags your opponent to the top of the screen and you get a K.O...., it's one of the most satisfying K.O.'s you can get in the whole game!

Top Bottom