• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has a good matchup against ZSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirito_SAO

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2208-5760-5811
I need to know which characters have good matchups against ZSS and Sheik. please help

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu, Sheik, and I'm betting our trouble with Kirby will get a bit more on people's radar with his recent buffs. Diddy still isn't great for us, IMO.

I think we have a handful of 45/55s among the top dozen characters, but you're likely to get different answers from different people as to which.

Last edited:

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
I am not aware that there is any kind of consensus character that does particularly well against Sheik, perfection incarnate.

Some of the top players here in California are beginning to suspect that MK actually has it pretty good against her, though.

Peahnuts

Smash Cadet
Personally ness and pikachu are the bane of my existence. Ness' damage output and free kill at 90%ish with bthrow is super stressful to deal with. Pikachu also because of her height, neutral game and upb.

Short characters in general are awkward to deal with in the sense that zss should technically be a better character than a lot of them, but they just duck under so many of her moves and make others whiff more frequently.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Personally ness and pikachu are the bane of my existence. Ness' damage output and free kill at 90%ish with bthrow is super stressful to deal with. Pikachu also because of her height, neutral game and upb.

Short characters in general are awkward to deal with in the sense that zss should technically be a better character than a lot of them, but they just duck under so many of her moves and make others whiff more frequently.
I totally feel the same way although I do agree to a major extent about the short character bit, I almost feel like it just requires so much more unnecessary presence of mind that is almost unfair sometimes.

"Oh awesome ftilt was the right option but because it wasn't low angled I automatically die /get grabbed.... seems legit"

There is also the heat of battle input error johns when your being pressured so god damn much and those small factors you have to pay extra special attention to don't help alleviate the situation.

Last edited:

Peahnuts

Smash Cadet
On a slightly related point, ZeRo just said that ZSS does fine against pika, and beats ness, mario, Rosa, and a bunch of short characters in a heated debate/discussion we had lol.

I agree that ZSS has a good MU against most short characters (they're just annoying) but ness and pika? You've got to be kidding if you think those are good MU's for ZSS.

Last edited:

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
On a slightly related point, ZeRo just said that ZSS does fine against pika, and beats ness, mario, Rosa, and a bunch of short characters in a heated debate/discussion we had lol.

I agree that ZSS has a good MU against most short characters (they're just annoying) but ness and pika? You've got to be kidding if you think those are good MU's for ZSS.
Your edgeguarding game beats Ness. Focus on hitting him offstage.

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Ness is that bad for us either. Avoid the grab at all %s like you're playing ICs, be patient in shield so you're not getting Nair'd in close quarters, and be totally shameless about using your down B to escape everything and abusing his lack of speed. His dash attack covers a ton of ground ahead of him so watch for that, otherwise I think our range trades favorably with him.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Lucario is pretty solid Vs Sheik since he'll get a lot of aura before she can KO you.
can't say the same when it comes to Zss - that up+b hurts.

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a big fan of Ness, but I must say that I have a good time spamming jab in his face when he manages to land a PK Fire and tries to grab me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom