• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else uses Nair for stage spike?

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Idk. I'm just wondering who uses it for stage spiking. Most stage spikes I've seen from Peach are bair but is there anyone else who uses nair for stage spikes? While I'm at it I should ask who also uses drop from the edge and fair?

Last edited:

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
Idk. I'm just wondering who uses it for stage spiking. Most stage I've seen from Peach are bait, but is there anyone else who uses nair for stage spikes? While I'm at it I should ask who also uses drop from the edge and fair?
After I've been playing with you I've found about how good of a option it is. One of the players at my local tourney plays Shiek and playing against them has shown me how reliable stage spiking is. I've been getting into the habit of knowing when and how to do it lately and its been helping me a lot.

I feel her nair is the safest move to use when going in for the stage spike

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
After I've been playing with you I've found about how good of a option it is. One of the players at my local tourney plays Shiek and playing against them has shown me how reliable stage spiking is. I've been getting into the habit of knowing when and how to do it lately and its been helping me a lot.

I feel her nair is the safest move to use when going in for the stage spike
Lol I've learned a few stuff from you too and really? Glad I was aboe to contribute to it. Lol, but stage spiking is one of the good things about her. She has a huge set of options for stage spiking

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
Personally, I prefer bair over nair when stage spiking, but sometimes I will nair, it's just that bair comes out so much quicker when in the air. Also, I do drop down off the stage and fair, but usually I will throw a turnip down if my opponent is just below me and then combo off of it with a fair, providing I have the recovery tools available and am close enough to the stage.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Personally, I prefer bair over nair when stage spiking, but sometimes I will nair, it's just that bair comes out so much quicker when in the air. Also, I do drop down off the stage and fair, but usually I will throw a turnip down if my opponent is just below me and then combo off of it with a fair, providing I have the recovery tools available and am close enough to the stage.
Well I was meaning drop down from hanging on the edge then nair to stage spike, but yeah I use bair for stage spiking when I drop from the top of the stage. Yes nice idea though. I actually thought of this but never bothered doing it though, but I will try it. I also mean if stages without flat walls on the bottom, do you drop from hanging on the edge and fair them against the wall of the stage (it's possible for killing too with flat walls) ?

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
Well I was meaning drop down from hanging on the edge then nair to stage spike, but yeah I use bair for stage spiking when I drop from the top of the stage. Yes nice idea though. I actually thought of this but never bothered doing it though, but I will try it. I also mean if stages without flat walls on the bottom, do you drop from hanging on the edge and fair them against the wall of the stage (it's possible for killing too with flat walls) ?
I have gotten a few forward air stage spikes. While it is pretty badass, it's very risky and much slower than bair/nair. Also, today, while playing some people I managed to do a few nair stage spikes by dropping down, floating, then jumping into nair, and up bing asap and making it back. It works pretty well and is fun!

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
I have gotten a few forward air stage spikes. While it is pretty badass, it's very risky and much slower than bair/nair. Also, today, while playing some people I managed to do a few nair stage spikes by dropping down, floating, then jumping into nair, and up bing asap and making it back. It works pretty well and is fun!
Lolz. Ikr?? XD. Well if you actually are going for stage spike fair, use it while floating. It's also good even if the stage dont have stage spike properties because the Fair is strong enough to bounce off an enemy from the wall to a blast zone if they didn't tech.

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
Lolz. Ikr?? XD. Well if you actually are going for stage spike fair, use it while floating. It's also good even if the stage dont have stage spike properties because the Fair is strong enough to bounce off an enemy from the wall to a blast zone if they didn't tech.
Yeah, but still a little bit too risky for my liking.

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
Sour nair I think only makes the opponent flinch, so I don't beleive it is able to spike like a sweet spot nair

Top Bottom