• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else thinks that they shouldn't have given Mario the "FLUDD" attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
i believe the main use for the tornado spin in melee was to come back to the stage, that however is not needed in brawl since you can come back to the stage using one jump most of the time.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Although there may have been some better alternatives to the F.L.U.D.D. it is still a very useful move (I use it for spacing if I'm not using it for edgeguarding); the F.L.U.D.D. just takes some practice to use effectively.

KloudMunky

Smash Cadet
In Sunshine, there were four modes: Squirt, (which is what's used for the FLUDD attack) Hover, (a jetpack for long-lasting but low alltitude flight) Rocket, (a short, vertical burst that can be powered up)and Turbo (a horizantal, long lasting rocket). It'd be awesome if it changed modes every time you used it.

Agent 47

Smash Apprentice
In Sunshine, there were four modes: Squirt, (which is what's used for the FLUDD attack) Hover, (a jetpack for long-lasting but low alltitude flight) Rocket, (a short, vertical burst that can be powered up)and Turbo (a horizantal, long lasting rocket). It'd be awesome if it changed modes every time you used it.
i totally agree with this. they should've at least given the F.L.U.D.D. another use, such as its hover or turbo capability that it had in sunshine.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
I like the concept of FLUDD being in Brawl, but I think it should have had all 4 modes with it. You could start the charge by pressing down special, but during the charging you could tilt the control stick in another direction to set the mode that would be used. This would make it an interesting strategy device that would take some real planning to use, but it would have been very fun.

The normal nozzle would have the same effect it does now, hover is pretty obvious, as is the rocket, and the Turbo would be an attack much like Pikachu's skullbash, except that he wouldnt leave the ground.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I am about to bash someone's head off. I am appalled by the ignorance present on these boards.

THE FLUDD IS VERY USEFUL IN BRAWL. PLEASE STOP SAYING IT SUCKS.

Also, Mario got a significantly better in Brawl wtf at saying he's worse.

Let me explain to you why Mario is GOOD in Brawl

1. Great projectile. Can be spammed quickly, used to approach, ledgeguard, and anti-ledgeguard.
2. VERY FAST and effective aerial game. One of the better comboers in terms of follow up options
3. Kept his great U-tilt, which has priority, and juggles effectively at low percents.
4. Can Jab lock enemies into an infinite combo.
5. One of the best ledgeguarders in the entire game. Can still Cape people. FLUDD makes ledgeguarding a LOT easier.

Mario's main weakness is still lacking range. Especially grab range. However he's really good. Seriously.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Yah, Mario's smash range is fine but his tilts and grabs are pretty short, luckily Mario has some of the best options of approach in the game.

*F.L.U.D.D. is very good; not only for edgeguarding but spacing in general*

*Cape is still very good for edgeguarding just not quite as foolproof as it used to be*

*The cape's wavebounce is awesome and a nice alternative to the Fair and sometimes the Bair*

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
I am about to bash someone's head off. I am appalled by the ignorance present on these boards.

THE FLUDD IS VERY USEFUL IN BRAWL. PLEASE STOP SAYING IT SUCKS.

Also, Mario got a significantly better in Brawl wtf at saying he's worse.

Let me explain to you why Mario is GOOD in Brawl

1. Great projectile. Can be spammed quickly, used to approach, ledgeguard, and anti-ledgeguard.
2. VERY FAST and effective aerial game. One of the better comboers in terms of follow up options
3. Kept his great U-tilt, which has priority, and juggles effectively at low percents.
4. Can Jab lock enemies into an infinite combo.
5. One of the best ledgeguarders in the entire game. Can still Cape people. FLUDD makes ledgeguarding a LOT easier.

Mario's main weakness is still lacking range. Especially grab range. However he's really good. Seriously.
Hey, i never said that he "sucked" i love mario, he is totally awesome, and is my 5th character in SSB behind link, pit, peach, and ness!!! so NO NEED FOR THE HUGE LETTERS!!! XDDDD and please...no bashing of the head!

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
I completely agree with this, while they didn't completely get rid of the move as it's now his down aerial, me and my friends label Mario as "Nerfio" as we all feel he has gotten worse in this game.
Sigh, another insightful noobish remark. Your kidding me right? Are you absolutely serious about this? Do you even use mario professionally enough for you to make this claim? Sounds like a noobish statement to me, I haven't heard a single pro smash player stating mario being weaker in brawl, infact, generally every pro player agrees that mario is probably one of the most improved players from melee, and in many way superior than mario and dr mario from melee. You and what friends again, are you making this up? :urg:

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
Sigh, another insightful noobish remark. Your kidding me right? Are you absolutely serious about this? Do you even use mario professionally enough for you to make this claim? Sounds like a noobish statement to me, I haven't heard a single pro smash player stating mario being weaker in brawl, infact, generally every pro player agrees that mario is probably one of the most improved players from melee, and in many way superior than mario and dr mario from melee. You and what friends again, are you making this up? :urg:
In many ways, i actually kinda of agree with you!

tonkamike

Smash Rookie
I have to admit, I was disappointed when i first used the new mario, but that quickly, and i mean quickly changed.

Mario has improved in nearly every way possible. Anything he didn't improve in definitely did not get worse. He is one of the few characters that can follow up his attacks with several others. How often did you people really use mario's old D+B?
Well?
I thought so.

Mario's Fludd is infinitely better and if you haven't realized it's effectiveness you have never tried it. Fludd + Cape is one of the better edgeguards in the game. I've even gimped metaknight mainers with that combo. If you don't like using fludd, go ahead and take risks and try to edgeguard with bair and make it back to the ledge safely. No one who knows what they are doing is going to complain when they face you.

I couldn't disagree with mario bashers more.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
actually...i kinda used his D+B attack a little bit, but then again, with all of my characters, i use all of my attacks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom