• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Who else pre-ordered through Amazon?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
So this is the first game I've preordered through Amazon and not game stop. The reason being I had a $40 giftcard and wasn't sure what else to use it on so I figured this was a good move since the game pretty much only costs me $20. My question is....is anyone else who pre ordered through Amazon worried if they will get their copies on the 21st?

I emailed Amazon a month ago voicing my concerns and they assured me, even sent me an email gurenteeing it will show up on the 21st. Am I worrying too much or has anyone had problems getting their copies on the first day of release. Especially since this is a big release? Thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Amazon.ca user here. I preorder everything through Amazon. Most of the time, you get the game one day after it comes out, but for major Nintendo games in the last year or so they've started shipping them 1 day early so you get them on the release date. What concerns me a bit more is the GC Controller Adapter, which I'm not as confident will arrive on the release date. We'll see though.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Amazon.ca user here. I preorder everything through Amazon. Most of the time, you get the game one day after it comes out, but for major Nintendo games in the last year or so they've started shipping them 1 day early so you get them on the release date. What concerns me a bit more is the GC Controller Adapter, which I'm not as confident will arrive on the release date. We'll see though.
Good point. Yes I was going to preorder the adapter and controller through Amazon but decided to go through Game Stop since it's only a 10 min. Drive away. I did like my chances of getting my copy of Smash on 21st which is why I did it. Now that it's only 4 days away I'm just second guessing it now....*sigh*

Does it matter if I'm in the US? Would that mean I'm getting it on time no matter what?

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Does it matter if I'm in the US? Would that mean I'm getting it on time no matter what?
I dunno, I can't speak for the US site. In the event that they screw you over you can always just cancel your amazon.com preorder and pick it up in a store.

iLLuMinati_EYE

Smash Apprentice
So this is the first game I've preordered through Amazon and not game stop. The reason being I had a $40 giftcard and wasn't sure what else to use it on so I figured this was a good move since the game pretty much only costs me $20. My question is....is anyone else who pre ordered through Amazon worried if they will get their copies on the 21st?

I emailed Amazon a month ago voicing my concerns and they assured me, even sent me an email gurenteeing it will show up on the 21st. Am I worrying too much or has anyone had problems getting their copies on the first day of release. Especially since this is a big release? Thoughts on his would be greatly appreciated.
I live in the US and I've never had an issue pre ordering a game and not coming on release. My order usually comes when my mail carrier comes around

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
That's definatly my plan. I'm playing this game on release day! Haha worst case scenerio I just pick up another game with my credits.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Amazon.de user here. Usually I recieve my games 1 day before official release.
Pikmin 3, pokemon y, MK8 and smash 3ds are just some examples.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I'm an amazon user as well. So far, I've only had a little trouble ordering things and getting them on time, but that's because I accidently put down the wrong address once. At any rate, I think I'll get smash bros on time. I have amazon prime and it says my game will arrive sometime on the 21st.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I learned the hard way that Amazon's preorder system is the crappy version where, no matter when you preorder it, it'll only charge you when the game/book/whatever actually ships out. Which is just awful.

I'll stick with the actual preordering system that Gamestop has, thank you... Lol.

HiPNoTyQ

Smash Cadet
NNID
HiPNoTyQ
3DS FC
1521-2688-6157
I originally preordered through Amazon.ca and got the same day shipping, but I realized it was an extra $10 for that shipping and at the end of the day, I can't really trust them to deliver it, especially when it's friday and if they ****ed up, I'd be waiting all weekend. So I stopped my preorder and preordered the game and the gc adapter from EBGames (Gamestop here in Canada). At least they have a midnight launch so I can guarentee getting the game the day of (actually earlier than anticipated) and not having to worry about the 'what if' of Amazon not delivering the goods. Basically I took as many variables out of the equation as I could. Pesky, pesky variables.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I'm getting it as an early Christmas gift through Amazon, and it's guaranteed to come the day of release. I haven't had any major delays from their service, so you should get it on time.

Also, first post! :132:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I'm getting it as an early Christmas gift through Amazon, and it's guaranteed to come the day of release. I haven't had any major delays from their service, so you should get it on time.

Also, first post! :132:
Welcome 777! Yes I'm hoping since they gurenteed 11/21 arrival, that it's actually going to happen. It seems kind of a mixed crowd when it comes to pre orders at amazon.

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
Amazon.fr user here.
I always preorder on Amazon, as it is usually cheaper than the main videogame store in France. The order comes 1 day before generally (I had Hyrule Warriors two days earlier). The worst scenario is to have it on monday, but two more days won't kill anybody :)

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
My adapter and game are both guaranteed to arrive on the 21st. Amazon is pretty much the best option to pre-order through.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't usually preorder, but I preordered it through Amazon. I did 2-day shipping, and it said it'd arrive on the day. Funny thing is, it said the exact same thing if I did 1-day shipping. Maybe if I did 1-day shipping it would've arrived early? Not sure.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Pre-ordered the 3ds version because I wasn't too pressed for it since I had the japanese version already. It came 1-day early though, so that made me decide I might as well order the wii u version from them too. I got the controller + adapter bundle though, hope that doesn't effect the speed negatively.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Amazon Prime user here, first time preordering a game, though.

I've heard deliveries in the States are region dependent. I'm relatively confident I will have mine by the 21st, given that I live in New Jersey and that I am priority over other customers.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Whenever I order through Amazon, 95% of the time the order comes in on the first day its expected to arrive. And I order a LOT of things off of Amazon, its just easier for me. I've had maybe 1 product that arrived within the time frame but wasn't at the "earliest."

So I'm confident I'll be getting everything by Friday.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I usually stay away from pre-ordering games, but sadly, the EB Games near me went out of business sometime after MK8's release but before Hyrule Warriors came out. Ever since then I've been on Amazon for Bayonetta 2 and a few other games and items I've bought.

The few releases that I have ordered so far have been positive. They have begun shipping the evening before release (usually out of Mississauga, Ontario, and I live in Montreal, Quebec), and have arrived the day of release (usually by 12 or 13:00).

I'm sure this time will be no different (will probably ship out sometime Thursday evening and come mid-Friday), but there is indeed always a chance of screw-ups, yes. A number of factors come into play, such as how far you are from the distributor, road conditions and what priority you selected for it, but they have never screwed up on me yet personally.

If it really bothers you, I'd wait until Thursday night or so. If there isn't any news or even an update on it, you should probably bail and just try to find it somewhere in your town on Friday, unless of course you live relatively close to an Amazon warehouse. The game should really be fine though, what I'd be more concerned with would be Amiibos and adaptors, which may not come on release day IMO.

Last edited:

HiPNoTyQ

Smash Cadet
NNID
HiPNoTyQ
3DS FC
1521-2688-6157
Didn't know that they shipped the night before. Next time I'll trust Amazon a little bit more.

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
I've preordered tons of games from Amazon and have never had a problem. As some of the people here have said, I've heard of people actually getting their games early. For me personally, I live in Indiana and every game has always arrived on release date. Not a day before, not a day after.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I've preordered tons of games from Amazon and have never had a problem. As some of the people here have said, I've heard of people actually getting their games early. For me personally, I live in Indiana and every game has always arrived on release date. Not a day before, not a day after.
Early deliveries are more common in European countries, from what I've heard.

Amazon and Nintendo are a lot stricter with release date deliveries in North America.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
I always preorder per Amazon and did this time as well. I never had huge problems with Amazon, mostly I have been more than just satisfied. I genuinly think they offer great service at a reasonable price.
GameStop is a joke to me. They employ a staff of ridiculously unhelpful and unfriendly people, and everytime I went there I left with a 'f*** these guys' in my mind. Dunno why people go there regularly.

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
Early deliveries are more common in European countries, from what I've heard.

Amazon and Nintendo are a lot stricter with release date deliveries in North America.
Quite possible, though I'm pretty sure I've heard of people getting games early in the US as well.

GameStop is a joke to me. They employ a staff of ridiculously unhelpful and unfriendly people, and everytime I went there I left with a 'f*** these guys' in my mind. Dunno why people go there regularly.
Any sort of chain stores are going to have varying quality in staff. The people at my local Gamestops are generally pretty nice, but I still don't like to shop there due to the company-wide business practices, such as the required badgering at the checkout line and, on occasion, even selling opened games as new. I've had exceptionally atrocious experience with them ordering used games online too. There's simply no reason for me to shop there when I can go to countless other places to get the same products with much less headache and quite often a lower price as well.

EDIT: My copy and amiibos have shipped. Approaching dangerous levels of hype.

Last edited:
Top Bottom