• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who doesn't like Sheik's ponytail?

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
I don't. Maybe because in the pictures shown it looks really choppy and awkward.

Perhaps I need to see it in gameplay and stuff, but now, it bother me.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah... I don't know. I actually like Sheik more when she seemed more male. Also the pony tail, while we haven't gotten a really good look at it, seems like it'll be kind of a weird rat-tail haircut. Ew.

Mexican Brawler

Smash Cadet
i think that the ponytail and the blade that she have now meke her look nice and better, i like so much the new model of the chracter i looks more like a girl and also the ponytail and the blade make her look cool

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
how do you dislike it? it is so awesome? The whole character model looks to be a major upgrade from melee and looks sweet in general. This is a good thing since she was one of my melee mains, and i expect her to be high on my list in brawl as well.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I think it's a neat addition to the character model. Then again, I've been waiting forEVER to see what she was going to look like once I read that they did a TP design for her.

Now I just can't wait to see Ganondorf. And perhaps Midna. But I'm not gonna push it >.>

Maben

Smash Journeyman
I like it, although I don't think it's so much a ponytail, I just think her hair has been done so that it's tightly wrapped in the...whatever that is. So you get the little Sheik bangs that hang out the front and to try to "hide" the rest of the hair it's been tied together.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I think it looks just about right. Well, it's an addition which wasn't necessary as well as the blade, but I think she just looks cooler that way. Besides, her character model looks fantastic!

Sukecchi

Smash Cadet
I didn't like it at first, but now I love it.

Sheik's new design as a whole is fantastic.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Yeah it looks really cool but I just hope enemies wont be able to damage you by just hitting your pony tail.

It would be funny to see someone able to get a grab off you because of it though.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to have to say it makes her seem more "realistic."
I've always wondered where all of Zelda's hair disappears to.

On an aesthetic note, I think it just makes her look so much cooler. More "ninja-like" as some have pointed out.

EDIT: I will say that her bangs look very awkward now. They just randomly pop, no indication that hair exists under the "cap."

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I actually think the ponytail is the best update to Sheik's model, especially because it's wrapped the same way Zelda's is. Makes them a little more connected. . . .

I don't mind her bangs, but I wish they were a little longer.

And I'm not sure I like the fact that her default look is now pale. Because this Zelda has dark hair, her version of Sheik can't have dark skin? Did the melanin in Sheik's face leak into Zelda's hair or what?

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
I REALLY like it, it reminds me of another OoT character whose name escapes me (it might be impa just because she has a small ponytail) but it's a great change and a really noticeable difference (they seem to have emphasized it in the photos) I wanted to include it in a signature I made but it was too big to use on smashboards so I'm using it on BrawlCentral instead. Here's a peek of it if you guys aren't members there.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Here are my preferences.

~Hair let out and down.
~Same hair style as Melee.

I don't find it that bad though, I didn't even notice it until I seen this topic...

-Onyx

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
It has a metal, pointy tip, and it goes with Zelda's new hairstyle. Plus, it looks like something a ninja would wear: Keeps excessive hair out of the way, the rope can be taken off for some other use, and you can whip someone with the pointy metal tip. I like it.

Top Bottom