• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who do you think you'll main, Lucas or Ness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
lucas, easily.

I don't even know why the even bothered bringing ness back. Lucas is just improved over him in every way possible.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
Depends on what they do to Ness moveset (I'm pretty sure they'll change it)

I have history with Ness (my main since SSB64), but Lucas is looking pretty good (the 5 minute video had some pretty good footage of him), it depends...

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
At this moment in time, I don't know.

I'm glad he's back, but I feel like a widow that remarried only to find that my spouse was actually in a deserted, unmapped island, and actually returned!

What do I do?? Decisions, decisions... I'm more attached to... wow, I'm very attached to both of them... didn't realize so... hmm...

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
I'm going to stick with 'ole Ness, there's no way I couldn't do anything less for em. But I will try Lucas either way :D

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
nah ness for me,ness is the character I like for his games and personality,not moveset,like mario :D,but umm lucas does seem improved from ness,he has a few nerfed moves like his \l/ B,but major improvment with his up B,his other moves...I dont really consider them a nerf or a buff,it's all a matter of taste PK freeze?what do you prefer knockback or freeze,PK fire I personally like ness' better scince his get's you stuck in there and burn's you,unlike lucas' which explodes,I am looking foward to how ness will play tho new PK moves?pk teleport would be awsome and psi rockin for FS=asomeNESS,lol get it awsomeness XD

Levitas

the moon
Ness's psi is like literally 3X as powerful in melee than Lucas in brawl, but good luck using it.

Lucas is gonna be fun.

I think I'll choose... both.

ForteEscape

Smash Cadet
It'd be hard to match up with Ness's fair shove and ground shove.

but I'll probably use Lucas anyway.

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
im pretty sure i'm gonna make the change over to Lucas. i just think his moveset is more appealing to me and something i think would be fun to use!

Shweex

Smash Cadet
I'll try them both out, but I'm leaning more towards Lucas. No particular reason, really. He just for some reason looks more fun. Maybe because it's new?

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
I was going to use Ness if he had PK Rockin' as his final smash. Sadly, Ness also knows the way of the Starstorm. Anyway, I liked MOTHER 3 most and I love Lucas' victory song/taunt.

Yo Mang

Smash Rookie
When the whole UP UNTIL NOW DUN DUN DUN happened, I swore my allegiance to Lucas, and even started playing Mother 3 with a translation guide so I could be a proper fanboy, but now that Ness is back in I'm torn. They're both like my favorite characters ever. I guess I'll just have to main both :D

I'm still a bit peeved by PK Starstorm though. Why Starstorm? They don't use Starstorm. Wheres the love? The PK Love? and the PK Rockin? They would have been perfect final smashes :( SAKURAAAAAIIIIIIIII

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
PK Love was implemented as the PSI graphics that accompany most (if not all) of Lucas' Regular Attacks. One could argue that the strongest version of PK Love available to Lucas is used in his Up Smash.

And I will main Lucas, child Claus palette swap. Ness will go down every time I face him; he took the spot of my beloved Claus. :(

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
I'll believe it when someone unlocks him when brawl comes out.
he's been long since unlocked

lucas, easily.

I don't even know why the even bothered bringing ness back. Lucas is just improved over him in every way possible.
Lucas has a lot of shortcomings that Ness excels in.

In response to OP, i think it should be obvious for me...but in case you missed it before, I'll be maining Ness. I like Lucas a LOT, and i can definitely see myself using him intensely, but there are a few minor things that i don't think i could deal with. First and foremost is his grab, despite Ness having a short grab, it isn't as punishable as the range grabs are; and since i tend to favor grabbing a lot this would get me killed often. Lucas also has a blatant lack of yo-yo and bat. Perhaps nostalgia moves for me, and the yo-yo not the most effective in melee, but they seem better now and i always found uses for them. Lucas' ^smash is painfully slow, almost to the point of un-usable, and i doubt i could deal with that. Ness can destroy people with his PK Fire, it holds them unlike Lucas' and sets up for some good mid-% kills with the bat. I could continue with the list, but most of it is speculation at this point that i'd rather not come back to bite me later if it turns out untrue.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
This thread is really irrelevant. It don't see it adding anything to the Lucas room at all. x_x

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
This thread is really irrelevant. It don't see it adding anything to the Lucas room at all. x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom