• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think will be the next low tier to rise?

Cg3po

Smash Rookie
I think a lot of mid to lows can level up just not far like Yoshi did in the hands of amsa.

Diosama

Stand User
Actual low tiers: g&w and beyond

I see a lot of people commenting mid/low mid tiers

Pichu and Ness imo

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
I think the tier list still needs to level out after Yoshi's shooting up. I'd definitely say he went higher than he should be.

With the recent successes of hbox, Puff has seen a slight uptick in popularity (though not great players), and with that, there will probably be a slifht uptick in the number of Young Link players.

Link and YL have a fair amount of tech that takes time to perfect and isn't popular. I see both starting to move up slightly, but Link definitely not much. Given the way the last tier list was made, giving a lot of value to novelty/hype, I see Luigi moving up some and Doc falling down, but above Samus/Pikachu, it's going to take a mid-tier making top 8 at a supermajor to shake up the tier list.

Ganon could move back up a little bit, depending on his representation in tournaments, with Kage, Eikelmann, and Bizz all getting back into it, and N0ne still pulling his out occassionally.

If M2K keeps playing his Mewtwo in pools, it might actually slide up slightly. If Shroomed pulls his Doc back out more often, Doc's spot will be safe.

Really, unless something almost gamebreaking is perfected (like Ganon's chaingrabs on spacies that end over 250%), we could see a real shakeup, but otherwise, I'd say the list is set, it's just a question of representation.

Top Bottom