• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think will be among the top Smash 4 players

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
Here's my list:

Some player you didn't used to think of as a top player.
A new guy to the scene
Another new guy to the scene
Mew2king

I mean, really, that's about how it's going to look. There's no guessing anything more useful than that at this point.
I can't see A new guy to the scene being the top, I think Another new guy to the scene has potential to be the best while "Some player I didn't used to think of as a top player" has the experience but I think he's tacky with his fundamentals. I'm actually surprised the "Other new guy who's lurked around the scene but hasn't played much" didn't make your list. But hey, I'm not here to tell you who you should add to "your" list.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I can't see A new guy to the scene being the top, I think Another new guy to the scene has potential to be the best while "Some player I didn't used to think of as a top player" has the experience but I think he's tacky with his fundamentals. I'm actually surprised the "Other new guy who's lurked around the scene but hasn't played much" didn't make your list. But hey, I'm not here to tell you who you should add to "your" list.
I think "Some player I didn't use to think of as a top player" really just can't jive with some particular mechanics in the current smash games, things will be different in smash 4 in a way that's just perfect for that guy, one of those new characters will just fit his playstyle so perfectly in a way no current character does, and he'll really take off. I will say that I think "A new guy to the scene" may have lurked a bit, but you can never really know since lurking doesn't tend to involve posting or making yourself known so we should treat him as new. So yeah, I see where you're coming from here, but I think I'll stand by my predictions.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
If anything I wanna be the top Mario/ Olimar :D But yea gonna go hard regardless

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I want to try to work my way to the top, but I doubt I'll go far.

It's going to be Mew2King, Hbox and a lot of newcomers.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I want to try to work my way to the top, but I doubt I'll go far.

It's going to be Mew2King, Hbox and a lot of newcomers.
I kind of doubt HBox will really get into it. ZeRo will for sure, though.

Last edited:

Mensrea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mensrea
Whoever takes it seriously and finds out ways to play creatively with it I guess. I really hope it develops an interesting enough meta that players will stick around and learn new things about it for years to come.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
I believe Boss will be the best.

If you seen how good Mario was in the invitational, it's inevitable

FreeBossforever.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Im definitely gonna be up there bro, just you watch.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I think M2K will dominate in the beginning. I'd love to see Ken claim the throne again. I hope Azen comes back as well.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The best players will all be new to the scene imo.
I think it'll be a younger bunch too.

Whatever high school kid that dumps the most play time into it online, and has a stay at home mom to taxi them to tournaments/ competitions.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
So far the most successful players at adapting have been Brawl players and Hbox. This game appears to be more favorable to offensive playstyles than Brawl ever was so I'd expect to see a few Melee players get involved and do well. Really any top smasher in any game should be well equipped to do well assuming they're interested. There'll be a good amount of newcomers to the scene as well, including some that will start out as online warriors before getting involved in the live scene.

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
I'll see to become noticed in this game. TEEMO ^_^

But pretty much, I think there are more players in GA who deserve it more than me. (Reflex, Bones, 1337Falacon.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The best players will all be new to the scene imo.
I think it'll be a younger bunch too.

Whatever high school kid that dumps the most play time into it online, and has a stay at home mom to taxi them to tournaments/ competitions.
Thanks for the support!

Top Bottom