• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think the next character appearing on the site will be?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I actually suspect that they'll reveal a handful of veterans and a newcomer. I also suspect that it'll be a while before they update (aside from the screenshots, which I don't consider to be updates).

It would be worth a longer wait if they put out a reveal trailer for a set of characters.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I'm thinking Peach or Zelda.

As for newcomers, I think Little Mac will be the next revealed. They basically already revealed his stage.

Oh look! It's KiKi!

Smash Rookie
With a character like Wii Fit Trainer announced, it could be anyone. If they do release more veteran fighters, I think they will release them in a bundle rather than one at a time. Yoshi, Ness, C falcon, and Luigi are my next veteran predictions (not necessarily in a bundle), but like I said, it could be anyone.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I don't care about any other character, I just want them to re-confirm ness so I can sleep happy and set my money aside to buy the wii-U

Hong

The Strongest
And with the boxing ring, Litte Mac would also seem an obvious choice to announce soon, if that is indeed his ring.
I don't really buy it. Same developer had a similar boxing ring in Kirby Super Star. It is just an awesome place to fight. I do not see any drawn inspiration from it, but even if there were, many of the existing characters and stages make nods to older games (ala Balloon Fighter). I have not seen anything reasonable to suggest his appearance.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't really buy it. Same developer had a similar boxing ring in Kirby Super Star. It is just an awesome place to fight. I do not see any drawn inspiration from it, but even if there were, many of the existing characters and stages make nods to older games (ala Balloon Fighter). I have not seen anything reasonable to suggest his appearance.
Go to the Little Mac thread and there's evidence that it is 100% certain that it's a Punch Out stage.

phate

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the reveal won't come from the website, but a Nintendo Direct a couple months down the road. I predict Yoshi and Harmoknight.

Hong

The Strongest
Go to the Little Mac thread and there's evidence that it is 100% certain that it's a Punch Out stage.
Yeah. I saw it. And no, it is not 100% certain. And even if it were, again, the series from the beginning has made nods to older games. I have yet to see any actual indication of Little Mac appearing in the game. Not that I am against it; I am 100% behind retro characters and I ****ing loved Punch Out growing up. But I still have not seen anything to suggest he will be playable.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I'd say Yoshi or a starter Fire emblem representative. Either way the next character I believe we'll see will be from a series that has yet to be represented in the E3 trailer, though I don't expect to see any new reveals until maybe late 2013.

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
You sort of have to think in terms of Brawl. They're using a lot of the same movesets and templates for the characters, even the same voice overs. If you saw them in Brawl, and they were even slightly popular or at the very least an original (i.e. not toon link, God rest his soul) they're probably going to use them. Like, I will be really surprised if I don't see Capt. Falcon, or Wario, or Game & Watch, or Sheik or Ness again. And if there's anyone who's worried about any of the originals, especially the N64 ones, I really really wouldn't sweat it.

I think the ones that might get cut are the copy characters, like (again) Toon Link, Lucas, Falco (thought I hope not) ect. but I would exclude Luigi from that list.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Yeah. I saw it. And no, it is not 100% certain. And even if it were, again, the series from the beginning has made nods to older games. I have yet to see any actual indication of Little Mac appearing in the game. Not that I am against it; I am 100% behind retro characters and I ****ing loved Punch Out growing up. But I still have not seen anything to suggest he will be playable.
Also, along those lines, they had smashville as a playable stage last game and never had an animal crossing character. Just because there's a stage doesn't mean there will 100% be a character, but if it's one of those crazy hazard-filled stages rather than a neutral type stage, it could be much more likely. (Previous games had a lot more crazy stages tied to playable characters)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think it'll be like last time when it was only MK, Zamus, Wario, Pit and Snake before the site got redesigned.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I'm thinking Peach or Zelda.

As for newcomers, I think Little Mac will be the next revealed. They basically already revealed his stage.
Also, along those lines, they had smashville as a playable stage last game and never had an animal crossing character. Just because there's a stage doesn't mean there will 100% be a character, but if it's one of those crazy hazard-filled stages rather than a neutral type stage, it could be much more likely. (Previous games had a lot more crazy stages tied to playable characters)
More to the point, when has Nintendo ever wanted us to assume something based on showing us something else? Clearly by showing us the boxing ring, in there minds they haven't confirmed anything, thus they don't think that ring is telling us anything. If they don't think it is telling us anything, then it isn't telling us anything. You can't honestly tell me that they wanted to only kind of reveal Little Mac but not really. No, they just wanted to show us a cool stage.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I think the boxing ring is just another cool "Smash Bros stage" like Final Destination and Battlefield *shrug*

Yoshi probably.

Newcomer, who knows.

ForsakenProto

Smash Cadet
Im just gonna assume their gonna show some veterans before we get any more newcomers. However, The smash bros site disappoints me, I loved waking up and having a new stage reveal or character reveal with a couple of text lines explaining each one. Heck even the item reveals were kinda cool sometimes.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Yeah the Brawl dojo was great, I'd stay up until 3-4 in the morning to see the updates! So this is a tad disappointing but at the same time I think the wait will be worth it when he starts revealing some big things :D

ForsakenProto

Smash Cadet
Yeah the Brawl dojo was great, I'd stay up until 3-4 in the morning to see the updates! So this is a tad disappointing but at the same time I think the wait will be worth it when he starts revealing some big things :D

I didnt have a computer in my room at the time, and had to use the opera browser on Wii to look at it. Slow, good times :D

iMichael

Smash Lord
Everyone seems to just KNOW Little Mac is in SSB Wii U/3DS because of the boxing ring...I'm not saying he's not but I do remember Smashville being in Brawl with no AC rep.

The next newcomer will probably be Little Mac

With the possibility of a Chrom, Isa Jo, Ghirahim, Palutena, etc after that.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Yeah, I'm going to go with the group and say the next veteran will be Yoshi and the next newcomer will be Little Mac. I sure HOPE Little Mac will be in this game, he deserves it.

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
Next veteran to be shown will probably be Yoshi, Zelda or Wario. As far as next newcomer Villager and Wii Fit Trainer has blown the doors down as far as any guess I could make but I will guess that the character announced next will be on the cool side. Like Saki (sin and punishment), Little Mac (punch out) or Shulk (xenoblade).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Everyone seems to just KNOW Little Mac is in SSB Wii U/3DS because of the boxing ring...I'm not saying he's not but I do remember Smashville being in Brawl with no AC rep.
Yeah and? Villager was also dismissed by Sakurai. (Too peaceful apparently) Little Mac has yet to be dismissed.

FryBri

Smash Rookie

Judging by Sakurai’s latest photo post on the official site; I think that this is a clue the next big reveal will be from Final Fantasy.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Oh! So behind what looked like a lame snap there is a criptic message. That would be cool if it's true.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
If the next character revealed is a veteran, I hope it's Yoshi. For the newcomer, I'd go with Little Mac, hopefully confirming that the Boxing Ring stage is in fact his.

Top Bottom