• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think Smash 4's G&W/R.O.B. will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I had this conversation with a friend, and we were pondering who the G&W/R.O.B. of Smash Wii U/3DS would be. Originally I suspected that Wii Fit Trainer would fill the spot, but Sakurai doesn't usually reveal these characters.

If there still is a character yet to be revealed that fills this traditional oddball spot, who do you suspect it might be.

lami

Smash Journeyman
I kinda agree that it's Wii Fit Trainer. They're totally outta left field and surprised me when they were revealed.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am honestly worried that it might be Chorus Men or Mii; depending on whether or not the Sal leak is legitimate (which I do not believe it to be). Mii would be similar in a way, they would represent the Wii era the most adequate; however, Wii Fit Trainer seems to be sufficient.

Maybe the N64 logo will actually be a character; it wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If the Sal leak is right then it'll likely be the Chorus Men/Kids/Seniors/WHATEVERTHE****.

But for now the Wii Fit Trainers are the closest we have.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I had this conversation with a friend, and we were pondering who the G&W/R.O.B. of Smash Wii U/3DS would be. Originally I suspected that Wii Fit Trainer would fill the spot, but Sakurai doesn't usually reveal these characters.

If there still is a character yet to be revealed that fills this traditional oddball spot, who do you suspect it might be.
Definitely not the Chorus Men, as unlike Mr. G&W and ROB, aren't majorly historically important characters nor do they represent an important part of Nintendo history.

Wii Fit Trainer, considering how much impact the game she represents has on helping show that video games can be used to improve physical health, would be a better example.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Definitely not the Chorus Men, as unlike Mr. G&W and ROB, aren't majorly historically important characters nor do they represent an important part of Nintendo history.

Wii Fit Trainer, considering how much impact the game she represents has on helping show that video games can be used to improve physical health, would be a better example.
The Wii Fit Trainer is a better example, but it's still an incomplete one. G&W and ROB were retro peripheral characters. The next best example is Mega Man, who is historically significant, retro, but doesn't fall onto peripheral play. In that respect, he's basically the Ice Climbers of Smash 4. Really, for a complete example, I can't think of anything. A Wire-Frame fighter wearing the Power Glove? The holy 3rd party Game Genie?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Wii Fit Trainer represents Wii Fit though, which used the Balance Board- a Nintendo peripheral. G&W and ROB were peripherals. I'd assume this is the connection?

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Some Hanafuda-ish character. Nintendo was originally a card compaany, so that's probably represent a good part of their history

TheHidden

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4330-3482
I always though the Non Specific Action Figure could fill that space (even if that hype train is kind of the dead now), I mean, it even represents the modern era of gaming and the internet, and the fact that they seemed to give it more attention kind of gave hope.
But now N-Saf kinda just fell to the pits of forgotten memes

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
It's really up in the air; the real question is do we need one? G&W was an important character to Nintendo's history that was missing and obscure, but afterwards R.O.B. wasn't even our final unlockable character. It might be less likely for us to get one than we think.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
The Wild Gunman.

I'm not sure we've seen him since. Give him a Light Gun instead of a normal gun to get around the "no guns" rule :p. I think he's technically their oldest video game IP that is a character (1974). It was an arcade game.
EDIT: Obviously this is the NES cover and it would be based off the NES version.

I'm going to say that I'm leaking this. He's playable. Then if I get lucky and they announce him (lol) people will think I'm legit. Or maybe I actually am.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom