• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think is better?

Talendime

Smash Ace
Squirtle is my all time favourite pokemon. And they made him real badass in this game as well. I guess it's obvious that I'm most excited about him.

However, if I had to choose only a single one of them to have joined Brawl rather than all 3, I would have chosen Charizard, because he's the most unique.

maxieman

Smash Ace
Ivysaur looks interesting, I wonder what that vine-whip could be used for besides ledge grabbing

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
I've always been a fan of the Bulbasaur line. It was my starter in the Pokemon Blue. So my favorite is Ivysaur.

But uh, I'm sure they'll all have their strengths and weaknesses. I doubt one Pokemon will be much better than the rest.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
I think they'll try to balance them between each other, so that none of them is the best, and you have to depend on all 3 to play at full capacity (further supported by the stamina system). As such, I think they'll all be good characters in their own right, but not great until you got between them. Unlike Zelda / Shiek, which has a clear better character.

But I definately like Ivysaur the best. Charizard is overrated, Squirtle was always kinda bland to me. Plus, Ivy is the first quadraped character in Smash, which is a nice unique aspect. I like unique characters.

Plus, Bulbasaur was my very first starter. So there's that bit of bias too.

maxieman

Smash Ace
charizard was my starter in red/yellow I had cyndiquil in silver, but in sapphire blaziken seemed like a poor character compared to sceptile and lets face it Torterra Pwns in diamond... I'll definately be favoring charizard and Ivysaur this time around

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
In Brawl: We don't know yet?

In the Pokemon games: Charizard. He has two type advantages over Ivysuar and Squirtle's stats are too low to do much against him.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
By the way, when comparing the quality of three or more objects, you say 'Which do you think is BEST?"

"Which do you think is better" is a question only when comparing two things.

LOL Grammar fun. :p

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
Vine WHIP. That's gotta be more satisfying to use than Rock Smash or Surf.

Charizard for sure. I don't like Squirtle because he is not evolved, and Ivysaur because he just doesn't seem as important to me, because I never pick grass starters. Charmander was my first starter, and I cherished him using Flamethrower, Fly, Wing Attack, and Dig. Charizard was the most excellent (guitar riff) fire-type EVER. No weaklings like Typhlosion and Infernape (Blaziken is fine with me). CHARIZARD FOREVER!!!!!!

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
yeah, squirtle is the man. he is awesome. ivysaur is cool and all, but I always favored bulbasaur over him. even charmander over charizard. but I think as a whole Pokemon traininer is going to be awesome to play as

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
bulbasaur was my first pokemon. ivysaur was my favourite evolution but all bias aside ivysaur looks the most unique. But if mewtwo isn't a returner and if a main pt i will be sure to rotate my pokemon.

btw ivysaur looks like he can punish people above him.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Blastoise for once and for all time. One cannot even hope to say that Blastoise doesn't outmatch Charizard, even if neither of them use their type specific attacks.

Of course... this is a Squirtle... That changes things somewhat. But I stay by my decision.

I've never really liked the Char line. Everyone liked him just because he was cool lookin' and used fire, and I wasn't just going to choose him because he was cool. When I decided to use him (so that I could never say I didn't give him a chance) I ended up never getting to his full potential (Weak against the first two gym leaders AND the last leader? Are you kidding me?), because I usually used other Pokemon in most situations.

Plus, who doesn't love a Turtle packin' a water bazooka?

czrd55ab

Smash Rookie
im a huge charizard fan and i all most flew if i didn't start yelling

he is just to good
wait he has rock smash and is slow why did they make him so bad

Top Bottom