• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you prefer? Bayonetta or Corrin?

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
I myself picked Bayonetta, since she's a heavy combo character. (And if you're wondering, she's as tall as Rosalina. I checked her height in Training Mode by putting her beside Rosaluma.)

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Agreed.

I moreso prefer Bayonetta over Corrin due to her combo-oriented playstyle.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Corrin isn't bad, but it's my taste, you know. She sort of plays like ZSS.
Yeah.

Plus, I'm the kind of player who prefers to rush down at opponents. With Corrin, I feel like I should keep my distance and space myself out.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Yeah.

Plus, I'm the kind of player who prefers to rush down at opponents. With Corrin, I feel like I should keep my distance and space myself out.
Glad to see we're both on the same boat.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
But enough about what I think; let's wait and see what other people have to say.

TyDye

Crash Bandicoot for Smash!
I myself am better with Corrin but I think Bayonetta is way more fun and has so much more potential to be a top tier character.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I prefer Bayonetta,she is more fun to play.

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
I like Bayonetta better. She's difficult to get used to, but she has so much potential. Also, because I main Falcon, I enjoy the rush down and comboing playstyle she has. Her up-b takes some getting used to though. Instead of recovering normally, I have to not midair jump, up b, side b midair jump up b. Oh and did anyone else notice she has a WALL CLING?!?!

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
I prefer Bayonetta. She's quick and has a lot of combo moves. I personally prefer to go right after my opponents than play defensively and Bayonetta is better for going after opponents.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
I like Bayonetta better. She's difficult to get used to, but she has so much potential. Also, because I main Falcon, I enjoy the rush down and comboing playstyle she has. Her up-b takes some getting used to though. Instead of recovering normally, I have to not midair jump, up b, side b midair jump up b. Oh and did anyone else notice she has a WALL CLING?!?!
Yesterday night, there were far more Corrins than Bayos to be honest.

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
I love Bay and her games, but i have been putting in more time with Corrin. Bay is a bit difficult for me

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
bayonetta disgusts me as not just a character, but also her KO moves are way too predictable because they're so flashy and her "combos" barely do anything. way too easy to beat bayonettas.

so yeah corrin

DraconicPsycho

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DraconicPsycho
bayonetta disgusts me as not just a character, but also her KO moves are way too predictable because they're so flashy and her "combos" barely do anything. way too easy to beat bayonettas.

so yeah corrin
Try fighting a bayonetta as a greninja with 2 years of experience. ITS SO HAAARRDDD!!! NINJAAAAAAAA!!

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I prefer Corrin. Female orange to be precise :D

Also, I have a love/hate relationship with Bayonetta. I haven't played and Bayo games, but I've taken a liking to the character and her moveset. But lord help me if I come across a good Bayonetta player. YOU JUST CAN'T DO ANYTHING. She's an absurdly annoying, smash-attack spamming, bullet-art clinging, OP-Dairing PILE OF CRAP SERVED ON A SILVER PLATE.

...I apologize. Kinda went crazy there for a second... I seriously do hate fighting her though. Can someone tell me how to counter her? Villager seems to do well, so I just assume she doesn't like being spaced out.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I strongly prefer Bayonetta over Corrin.

She fits my play-style much better than Corrin can and I just have a much easier time with her in general. She's also a lot of fun despite having quite a few cons pit against her (light weight, low priority attacks, etc). I'm glad I made a decision to main her after her reveal.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
bayonetta is a gay badass and kamui is a ****ing dork

case closed

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I Prefer corrin control-wise, and I feel like I play him more. But I love Bayonetta for how more fun i have fighting.

Nick DePaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
nickzaroo
3DS FC
3239-4036-3837
I need to put this to rest beyonetta is op. I saw the trailer of her and looking at that short snippit of gameplay she looked op. I mean she can slow time, smashes have the most range, and ariels that she could beat the **** out of you, and guns. Then I got curious, hopped online and watched with her against toon link and She destroyed him and I thought "yep, op." corrin is.. I think op too I only saw a short match and it seemed like it

Hardcorr

Smash Rookie
A strong bayonetta user who spams witch time and her BS 10 hit aerial combo is a pain in the ass, but Corrin can nearly 1HKO her off of any smash move w/ counter surge. If the Corrin user can space defensively, use throws and u-air/fair/nair effectively, Bayo stands no chance.

Last edited:

Nick DePaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
nickzaroo
3DS FC
3239-4036-3837
A strong bayonetta user who spams witch time and her BS 10 hit aerial combo is a pain in the ***, but Corrin can nearly 1HKO her off of any smash move w/ counter surge. If the Corrin user can space defensively, use throws and u-air/fair/nair effectively, Bayo stands no chance.
oh cool very interesting thx for sharing that

Weeatt

Smash Rookie
Idk if it's just me, but I find Bayonetta's combos really difficult to use, like her Side-B. I prefer Corrin because of his long range side smash and multi-hit D-Air and dash attack.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I prefer playing as Corrin( but I'm not very good at either of them.) But a good player with either of them can be very hard to beat

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Neither, because neither have really done much to not show themselves as being explicitly developed to follow Cloud's model of being ridiculously good with only a few (albeit major) faults.

Seriously, that's the one thing here that bugs me; they basically serve no real purpose but to further bloat high tier and further reduce characters like Charizard and Link to once in a lifetime sights. Plus neither are irreplacable; Bayo's combo-heavy and agressive style could have gone to characters like Ridley or Dark Samus, and Corrin's more tactical and mindgame-oriented style could have gone to characters like King K.Rool or Wolf.

Sure, they're unique for Smash 4, but neither are irreplacable in playstyle. And really, that's the worst part.

M

MarioRayFalconSmash X

I strongly prefer Bayonetta over Corrin.

She fits my play-style much better than Corrin can and I just have a much easier time with her in general. She's also a lot of fun despite having quite a few cons pit against her (light weight, low priority attacks, etc). I'm glad I made a decision to main her after her reveal.
How do you put your mains like that?

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
neither, I don't play as cancer

Honestly Corrin just feels like a flowchart character and Bayo is just so stupid good ZeRo had to make a video saying how she's toxic.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Morning everyone!!!

What I Saw I prefer both because both seems a cool and fun characters Bayo able to make nasty combo characters and that witch time and Corrin able to pin characters to the ground and his body part transforming to a dragon and that counter honestly both look fun to use.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
...and Bayo is just so stupid good ZeRo had to make a video saying how she's toxic.
I understand your frustration with facing these characters, but luckily, Sakurai has nerfed her quite a bit. Not much, kind you, but still.

IAmHorse

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3540-3124-0028
neither. Corrins smash attacks all have insanely absurd range and bayonetta has a 0 to 45 combo and 2 recoveries in a row. in short, a pain in the frog
id argue that corrins up smash is pretty **** in the range department XD but yeah, theyre both quite annoying if the other player is a total douche with them (aka anyone on for glory)

IAmHorse

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3540-3124-0028
I strongly prefer corrin over bayo, partially because im somewhat of a FE fanboy XD. i genuinely feel like corrin has a very unique moveset and has much more exploitable flaws than bayo, making him somewhat more balanced. Bayonettas moves all feel the same, and shes just become the definition of pay to win in smash 4. A character seriously shouldnt be able to 0-to-death someone with so little effort. She couldve been so much more with the amount of weapons she has in her games, but nope, they just had to make her what she is now *sigh*

Last edited:

TK8305

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TK8305
Corrin definitely. Even though I'm not a proficient sword character user in any of the Smash games.

I only really use Ike and Cloud for fun here and there. Roy I love too but I've been poop with him lately. xD

Top Bottom