• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you NOT want to be added in Smash? ((READ RULES BEFORE POSTING))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Haven't seen a thread for this so I was wondering if it was okay to start one... Well, I think we all have at least ONE character we don't want or so on... This thread is to sorta discuss it more. There are rules however, most important being not to start any drama or bash anybody's opinions. This is really just a thread to share your opinions wether it be popular/unpopular to you, you decide. If you want any of said characters in, good for you.

I guess I may start us off real quick.

Klonoa & Llyoid - I think I've mentioned before that these 2 characters really do not catch my interests and such, but probably what grinds my axe is the fact people would say they should have been put in over Pac-Man. Yes, these 2 obscure little mascots over the first gaming hero ever conceived.

Really any other Mario rep - At this point I honestly have to say Bowser Jr. and Rosalina overfilled the Mario section of the roster. Yet people still insist on adding characters like Geno apparently. The only one I am okay with having is Paper Mario, simply because at least he is immensely popular and would have a unique playstyle completely different from Mario.

If anyone insists on causing any drama, I will lock this thread. No exceptions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is set to blow like the other similar threads.... Explosion shelter successfully created.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
As long as we keep it calm and collected, we may be able to respect each others differences and opinions.

As for me, I don't want Wolf back. If we are getting a new Star Fox character, make it Krystal.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
20 minutes tops before this goes down.

Also, I don't want any 3rd Party characters from franchises we already have, like Tails or Protoman because I feel we could have better options from more unique franchises.

Last edited:

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
20 minutes tops before this goes down.

Also, I don't want any 3rd Party characters from franchises we already have, like Tails or Protoman because I feel we could have better options from more unique franchises.

Furret24

Smash Master
I don't really want to see Snake come back. He didn't really fit in Smash and I don't enjoy playing as him. I also don't really want to see the Ice Climbers come back, but that's probably just because I got sick of everyone going crazy about a character(s) that almost nobody used before-hand, so excuse me if i'm just acting annoyed about them.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
I don't really want to see Snake come back. He didn't really fit in Smash and I don't enjoy playing as him. I also don't really want to see the Ice Climbers come back, but that's probably just because I got sick of everyone going crazy about a character(s) that almost nobody used before-hand, so excuse me if i'm just acting annoyed about them.
Well, Ice Climbers were surprisingly popular, but I agree with you on both. I expect all the cut characters to eventually return, but I'm getting kinda tired of having them all at once with only one fresh new character.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
I agree with this. I wasn't a fan of Snake at all. If he did come back I would still buy him, but I wouldn't really be excited at all.

Last edited:
This will probably get locked... but might as well reply to here.

There's two characters that I don't want to get in: Geno and Young Link. YL just feels so redundant when we have Toon Link and there are so much better and more unique choices in Zelda series. Geno has only one major appearance, is very obscure and there are more deserving Mario characters AND Square-Enix characters.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Veterans wise, Young Link if he remains uninteresting.
Cranky Kong because I don't think he's the best choice for a DK newcomer. That title I would give to Dixie.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Inklings because I find Splatoon massively overrated and over appreciated. Probably the only DLC character I wouldn't buy if they made it in the game.

Not only that but seeing as how Nintendo is really pushing the series like none other before, their bound to be added in Smash eventually so they shouldn't waste a DLC spot on them when they're already frontrunners to be a newcomer in Smash 5. Give that DLC spot to someone else.

Also not very fond of both Shantae and Shovel Knight. Either one of those 2 characters would feel really underwhelming as a DLC character.

Lastly, no more FE reps as DLC. We have enough in the game now.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I don't want Pichu or Young Link to come back.

I can also live without Daisy and Krystal. (Please don't hurt me)

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
There are very few characters that I can say I truly don't want to ever see become playable, but at the same time I'm not particularly worried about the possibility of said few characters joining the roster because they have no chance anyways...

Pyrofishy

Smash Cadet
King K Rool.
I hate this character with a passion and would hate if the character slot was wasted on him.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
^ There's the first of many for the end of this thread

Me? I support basically anyone and everyone...

Except Indie characters (Shantae, Shovel Knight, Quote, etc). I respect the games they come from and sure they're unique, but and indie character in a gaming all-stars game? You'll earn it when you get there rookie.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Practically anyone from Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus, both of these franchises are over inflated in terms of reps to a ridiculous point, for example, Fire Emblem with it's 3 "true" characters, and 2 clones, has the same number of reps as Zelda, and last time I checked, Fire Emblem hasn't even broke 17 million sales, while Zelda has over 150 Million at minimum. I'd find it very rude to add another character from this franchise before any franchise, and especially the other franchises that haven't really got anything this game.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
-Paper Mario and other Marios thats not the one that we already have
-Young Link and other Links thats not the one that we already have
-Indie characters (there are way too many other 3rd party characters that have bigger history than them)
-Bandana Dee (i am sorry but i am not really feeling it)
-any characters that appeared in a game after SSB4 was released like Inkling (unless if we are in smash 5)
-any fire emblem character that isnt a villain (we have 5 heros thats enogh we need now a villian)
-Sceptile and other random Pokemon choices ("his design is cool i want him in smash" lol no)
-Captain Toad (unless if the original Toad became playable and have Captain Toad as alt skin)
-another character from Kid icarus (nintendo did feed kid icarus fans alot and thats enogh)
-a 2nd 3rd party character from the same franchise like Tails (unless if the character is actually a part of nintendo like Geno)
-Bayonetta (not important choice and not really special)
-Monita (no we dont need to push anything)
-wWii remote guy (really?)
-Sora (oh from where should i start right now?)
-original smash character like Primid

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
More ****ing Fire Emblem and Pokémon characters. Sure, Pokémon is Nintendo's gold mine, but that doesn't mean half the roster should be Pokémon. And Fire Emblem... sigh. Three characters would be more than enough, five is ridiculous, more would only show how biased Sakurai is towards the series. Fire Emblem isn't good enough to "deserve" so many reps.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
K. Rool and Dixie due to general indifference towards the DK series.
Chrom.
Daisy and Toad. We have all the important Mario characters already. *continues rooting for Shy Guy*
Krystal.
Any Metroid character that isn't Rundas.
Snake. I appreciate the inclusion in Brawl, but his time has passed.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Shadow: not until Smash 5 at least because I don't want the unlabled Assist trophy rule to be broken
King K. Rool: cause mii outfit unlabled rule (It is a punishment by Sakurai for all the Gokus and Shreks)
Another Pokemon character unless from Hoenn or Johto
Aside from this I'll be okay with anyone else: Hell I would take 13 3rd party characters and all the Mario, Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus characters, so long as these rules are set into place
Now that I've said this ^ let the Lord have mercy on my soul

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Shadow: not until Smash 5 at least because I don't want the unlabled Assist trophy rule to be broken
King K. Rool: cause mii outfit unlabled rule (It is a punishment by Sakurai for all the Gokus and Shreks)
Another Pokemon character unless from Hoenn or Johto
Aside from this I'll be okay with anyone else: Hell I would take 13 3rd party characters and all the Mario, Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus characters, so long as these rules are set into place
Now that I've said this ^ let the Lord have mercy on my soul
What about Unova?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
This thread has existed for a few hours......

I'd say Paper Mario or Young Link. Basically different skins of the same person.

Adding skins of the same person as their own character while other character miss out is not cool.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Let's all be calm and collected.... And deep breathe in.... and out.

Reckless Wii Mote Safety man. I don't think that outside of being a joke and a one note reference to all the Wii games showing you that screen, there's that much for him to work with. Even the most obscure characters have at least 1 game, which at least has a minimal amount of mechanics to draw inspiration for their Smash moveset. Safety man has 1 screen he ever appears in. Plus, I think Wii Fit trainer already kinda fills the role of weird Wii era character with a unique artstyle.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I don't have much of a dislike for any of the characters really. The only ones I wouldn't want to see in are those that are not video game characters, like Goku and Shrek and the other troll characters people were voting for.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
It's silly to me how people think it's possible for characters who are already in the game as Assists, Pokemon, or Final Smashes to be viable as playable characters in this iteration of Smash.

Last edited:

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
King K Rool.

Combination of not liking the character and the fans being obnoxious

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Any more Mario characters.
Any more Fire Emblem characters.
Any more Kid Icarus characters.
Any more Pokemon characters (especially Pichu)
Any more 3rd Party characters.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Any more Mario characters.
Any more Fire Emblem characters.
Any more Kid Icarus characters.
Any more Pokemon characters (especially Pichu)
Any more 3rd Party characters.
I can understand the reasoning for all the other ones except this. Not trying to incite an argument, but explanation, please?

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
any third party character such as shantae or shovel knight
No more sword characters! so no chrom or anyone with a sword
no mario characters
no pichu, young link.
and i forgot NOO shantae! I never liked her
and no pokemon

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
King K. Rool - I'm sorry, but I really don't like this character, and I really don't want him in Smash. The fact that he's a popular choice makes this a bit more frustrating for me. To be honest I was kinda relieved when I found out he was a Mii Costume. But, some people insist that he still has a chance, so I'm still a little bit worried...

Zero - I feel like this character is kinda overrated, no offense, and I also feel it would be weird to have a Mega Man X character alongside classic Mega Man, rather than X himself. Like K. Rool, though, he also has a Mii Costume, and he doesn't seem to be a really popular choice anyway, so I'm not too concerned.

Porky Minch - I didn't mind him as a Subspace Emissary boss in Brawl. As a playable character, though? I'm sorry, but I really don't see how that would work... Not to mention, I just outright hate this character. I never played Earthbound, I never played Mother 3, but I know what happens and I just plain hate this character because of it.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Shadow: No, not even Smash 5, Stop. Just Stop.

Issac: I honestly could care less for this character, he doesn't look appealing what so ever, it just sparks "Fire Emblem" when I look at him.

Pichu: Obvious reasons
Daisy: Just use Peach, she would be the same thing anyway.
Captain Toad: He can't jump in his own game, so what'll that mean in smash? also, why?
Waluigi: Idk, Everyone who has support for him kinda warmed me up to his inclusion, but I'm at a 50/50 with him.
Shovel Knight: Not Feeling it.
Shantae: Meh

Dixie Kong: what the... so you guys would rather have a Diddy clone over King K. Rool? (Or Lanky Kong for that matter?)
That just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Wonder Red: No thank you.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Oh dear, time to set up a nice flame shield.

Wolf - As much as I enjoyed playing as him in Brawl, I've moved on. He'd still bring a red Landmaster as a FS.

Snake - He had his time to shine in Brawl and with Konami's recent activities, no.

Pichu - "Cuteness" isn't a good enough reason for it to return. I'd rather have Raichu.

Young OOT Link - Toon Link is his successor and since YL has a moveset attached to him, he'd only be slightly Luigified and that would only reinforce the bias against swordsmen in Smash. (which Roy also reinforced)

No Assist Trophy characters - They're already representing themselves.

Last edited:

SnowmanEX711

Smash Cadet
Hmm, lets see now

Shovel Knight: I just don't think an indie character like him deserves a spot on Smash.

Dixie Kong: Sure she may be popular, but I just can't help but feel that many of her attacks would be similar to Diddy. I don't think people want to deal with that more.

Pichu and Young Link: I would pound my head on the table if Sakurai brought these two back.

Another Kirby rep: I'm sorry, but Kirby doesn't really have characters I'm very fond of. Adding in someone like Bandanna Dee I think would be pushing it.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Another Kirby rep: I'm sorry, but Kirby doesn't really have characters I'm very fond of. Adding in someone like Bandanna Dee I think would be pushing it.
Well, thats just the thing, Bandanna Dee is pretty much the only other character suitable in the Kirby series to become a fighter, but I see what you mean, 3 characters for one franchise is pretty much the stopping point. (excluding mario, pokemon, and fire emblem)

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
^ There's the first of many for the end of this thread

Me? I support basically anyone and everyone...

Except Indie characters (Shantae, Shovel Knight, Quote, etc). I respect the games they come from and sure they're unique, but and indie character in a gaming all-stars game? You'll earn it when you get there rookie.
Shantae isn't really an indie character; she's more a third-party, if anything, since WayForward is an actual company that's been around since the Gamecube era. Shovel Knight and Quote, I agree with.

As for my own list....
  • Geno (more universally recognizable Squenix characters to use, overhyped)
  • Any more Earthbound/Mother characters (dead series should not take priority because they're cult classics)
  • Inkling (hasn't had any time to become iconic in the grand scheme of things)
  • Any fourth-party characters (this is obvious...well, I'd not be opposed to Godzilla, but that's because he has cultural significance, especially in Japan, and is thus more than just "lol free advertising!")
  • Any other third-parties from already-represented franchises (one is enough for a third-party series, thanks)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
The fact Wayforward likes to consider themselves indie makes me cringe

25 year old company trying to act like an old guy who wants to be all hip and young after making one KS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom