• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Who do you main?

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
It's Lucario for me. However, I'll eventually play with all the characters.

Oh, just wanted to mention that Pokken Tournament is definitely a success. It's already sold over half a million copies worldwide and will probably become more popular after it's featured at EVO. One of my friends even bought a Wii U just to play it.

If you want to share which support set is your favorite please feel free to do so.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is my main and my favorite support set is Quagsire and whoever comes with Quagsire. It's not even that great of a support, I just think it looks funny because people don't know what it does.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Machamp. I enjoy his playstyle the most.

Plus, he has the best animations in the game.

RadianB

Smash Journeyman
Charizard. =P

He's a lot better than people think... just like in Smash.

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu, although I do wanna figure out how to play a few other characters, mainly Weavile and Braixen

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I main Lucario. I was originally only going to use him until I learned how to play the game properly, but I enjoyed his playstyle so much that I decided to just stick with him.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Mewtwo out of loyalty from Smash, and Gardevoir because she's my 2nd favorite Pokemon of all time! (If only Hydreigon had gotten in...)

Part of me also wants to pick up Chandelure for the fact it's one of my favorite Ghost types, but then I have flashbacks to all the spammers online... oh the horror...

Last edited:

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
Braixen, but I seem to piss people off primarily, so I've been thinking about switching to Pikachu.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Some people complain about not having enough characters in Pokken but I don't really consider that a problem. Since each character has so many moves and when you factor in support sets, there's more than enough variety to keep players engaged.

I really like Pokken Tournament and I believe it's going to become even more popular after it's featured at EVO this year. Hopefully by then Nintendo will have a Pokken Tournament Wii U bundle available for those who want to purchased the console and game on impulse after seeing it played competitively.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Braixen. Very well rounded character IMO, good mobility, great projectile game, and plenty of attacks that create space to lead into her zoning game. Add in Jirachi and Whimsicott and she has a pretty balanced MU spread too.

And being cute doesn't hurt. :p

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Gardevoir. Her playstyle is a perfect fit for me.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
Gardevoir and Chandelure because I love the Pokemon and their playstyles~ Braixen I like to play for fun cause she's really cute and sassy; I didn't care much for the Pokemon until this game tbh.

With Gardevoir I haven't found the support set, but I like to use Ninetales/Mismagius since Ninetales can set up a small camping zone and Mismagius for the attack boost + free projectile. I also like Fennekin/Emolga, but I can't think of anyone that doesn't benefit from that support.

For Chandelure I prefer Espeon/Umbreon. Mostly Espeon, because I can remove Overheat debuffs if need be, and it doesn't take as long to charge as Cresselia. Eevee/Frogadier works as well.

I also use the RNG Nia support lol

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Machamp because I know what's up. Frametraps and Oki all day, carry Whimsicott to turn bad matchups into good matchups. In matchups where my opponent has worse projectiles than me or doesn't use them much regardless I'll go with other supports.

Also Scary Face....just Scary Face.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If it wasn't obvious from my previous (and soon to be previous) sig/avatar, I decided on Weavile since it was announced for the arcade.

It being my favorite Pokémon aside, being both a speed character and having a plethora of bait 'n switch options, traps, and being able to constantly apply pressure fits my playstyle perfectly. Add in Jirachi/Whimsicott for versatility (being able to get more than one burst per round and past the bullet hell), being able to dash cancel/fastfall damn near everything, and lowering the opponent's burst with multiple moves (including my own easy to confirm into/anti air burst), and it quickly became everything I thought it would be pre-launch and more.

Also dabble in Machamp as a secondary. Rocks and scoops for days.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Machamp because I know what's up. Frametraps and Oki all day, carry Whimsicott to turn bad matchups into good matchups. In matchups where my opponent has worse projectiles than me or doesn't use them much regardless I'll go with other supports.

Also Scary Face....just Scary Face.
Yeah, machamp is probably the most honest and read-based character in the game.

I havent actually used scary face like, at all. What would you say are its best applications and what should I get in the habit of doing with it?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Suicune & Charizard, although I am starting to really like Weavile

D

Deleted member

Pikachu my favourite Pokemon is my main in Pokken coincidentally Charizard my second favourite Pokemon is my secondary go figure. But moving on I main Pikachu cause he's well balanced plus his speed and strong electric attacks plus his ground game are very handy.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I've mained Suicune since day one. Really liking all of the zoning options and different ways to keep opponents out while still having strong (albeit slow) options up close.

And with how powerful Suicune looks to be so far, it'll be hard for me to main anyone else even if/when DLC happens...unless Absol gets in, that is.

Kulty

Smash Ace
While I don't have a main for Pokken, I've been interested in Mewtwo and Pikachu Libre.

Pikachu Libre: I'm interested in her, because I love her mobility and combos that she can pull of. Plus, I find her a lot more cute and badass than regular Pikachu.

Mewtwo: this is because he's my favorite Pokemon to play in Smash 4. Plus, his balanced moveset and versatility in terms of his playstyle really does attract me to this character.

This is coming from someone who barely plays Pokemon games, since they're not my type of games to play. However, I've been having a problem. I want to solo-main one of these two characters, because my time spent on this game will be very limited as opposed to Smash. I want to know a detailed description of their playstyle and overview of the character for both Mewtwo and Pikachu Libre to see which character fits more my playstyle. I love both of these characters equally. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
My partner for life is Weavile. He's fast, agile, and fun to play. I knew that he was the one I was going to play as most ever since his unveiling in the trailers. Weavile is my favorite Pokemon (right next to Sceptile, who I also play) and will remain as such for a long time.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Garchomp and Charizard.

They hit hard and I love them.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Charizard and Blaziken (Mainly Charizard) are my mains. Sceptile and maybe Garchomp are my secondaries.

D

Deleted member

Blaziken's become my tertiary great Pokemon.

Main Pikachu: Quick, agile, effective and strong. From his powerful electric type attacks to his ground game Pikachu is a great balanced Pokemon. Glad Pikachu's my main.

Secondary Charizard: This guy's a beast he'll wipe the floor with opponents in no time flat when used right. Good air and ground game great power Pokemon. Happy to have Charizard as my secondary.

Tertiary Blaziken: Great standard Pokemon Quick, agile, strong in-your-face This guy is awesome. Glad Blaziken's my Tertiary.

Those are all my mains for Pokken Tournament.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
I initially mained Braixen, but after unlocking Mewtwo I switched to him. Dabbled with Chandelure too.

Mewtwo is just too cool for school though, and thanks to the anime and Smash he's one of my favourite Pokemon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think I'll make Pikachu my main, he's just so damn BRUTAL in this game in a way I enjoy immensively. Cute + deadly, I like that combination, plus he's rather balanced in stats but he feels above average in power and speed. Potential secondaries are DEFINATELY Sceptile and Blaziken, and I love Charizard and Mewtwo as well. Hard to choose for me, but I'll probably stick with these 5.

Top Bottom