• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you find to be more useful: Link or Young Link?

Shadow564

Smash Rookie
Personally, I find Young Link to be a little better because of one thing: his extremely powerful down thrust.

Chip.

you know what to do
Young Link is not better because he has an "extremely powerful downward thrust" (aka assuming you mean Dair) and shouldn't be a valid reason to choose young Link over Link imo.

Instead, discover whichever style suits you better between the two Links, which one of the two Links you do the best with against various opponents (not just one player, but many, and have much versatility with various charachters too), who you like more of the two, and of course whichever one you have the most fun playing as should determine which charachter you should use.

And I would highly suggest to refrain from posting topics such as these on the boards. It can sometimes cause endless and sensless debating/flaming over who's better, young Link or Link, with statements like the one you have made.

Roman.

Smash Champion
I just came to y.link the other day from being a long link main and find him more of my playstyle but I really have problems getting kills under 120% on characters like marth, ganon, falcon(unless I dtilt spike his recovery), and mario. Any suggestions?

Chip.

you know what to do
I just came to y.link the other day from being a long link main and find him more of my playstyle but I really have problems getting kills under 120% on characters like marth, ganon, falcon(unless I dtilt spike his recovery), and mario. Any suggestions?
Subscribe to my thread here:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=128820

On this thread, you can ask any questions you want and I, along with other smashers, will be more than happy to answer them for you.

I answered your question on the last page. :)

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Application-wise, I find older Link a better choice. But Young Link isn't so boring so I main him anyways.

Gaplka

Smash Cadet
Adult Link is kinda slow, and has a lot of traction. He's left open for attacks a little longer, and they're slower. Young Link has a little traction (good thing) and is really fast, if used right I'd call him a speed character.. But he's not, he can just whip out a combo. Though, Big link has way more power, he fast-falls better, and has a way longer hookshot. Both of them have they're advantages and disadvantages. So, IMO, they're both equally as useful.

Top Bottom