• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do i main!?

Whisperer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Refuseful
3DS FC
4527-8640-3489
I've had SSB4 since it came out and I've had trouble deciding who to main. Its fluctuated from:

-Captain Falcon
-King Dedede
-Sheik
-Zero Suit Samus

Out of these 4 i feel most comfortable with Sheik, but i find she's seems to have a basic move-set and doesn't have many approach/kill moves.

Feel free to tell me what i can do with all of these players (preferably ZSS and Sheik), for the help of me and the community of smash

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
If you are comfortable with Sheik, here's the plan. Play For Glory with her until your fingers bleed. But don't just do things out of the basic moveset, basically do a live lab where you figure out unique ways you can kill people. How far off stage can you go and get a kill while being safe? How does Sheik's side B work on ledge grabbing opponents and how can you use it to keep them away from it? Gimping with needles...etc.

Narrow down your favorite way to fight and pick the character who can do that best, regardless of other shortcomings.

If you like to do short hop aerial attacks a lot, that rules out sluggish jumpers with poor aerials. If you like projectiles, that rules out close-up fighters like Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
Make it a Combo between who you like, and less important, but make sure you don't suck.
One more thing, DON'T TRUST TIER LISTS!

Dbash

Smash Cadet
Just pick your favourite character, not from moves or their tier list spot, and then only play them for a month, everday for atleast and hour on For Glory 1v1.

First week you will probably suck. A lot.

But after that, you will get a good feeling for that character, then you can experiment with other characters that feel similar, and once you find the perfect mix between your favourite character and your best character, tada, you found your main!

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Pick the character that best fits your play style and then practice with that character until you're comfortable with them.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Don't practice until you're comfortable at all. Practice until you are absolutely disgusted with the amount of knowledge and playtime you have with this character

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just pick whoever fits your play style and have a lot of practice with that character until you master his/her full potential...and don't pay any attention to those tier list crap.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Rosalina.
If you're incapable of winning and and/or a total ****** then pick Rosalina, shes ****ing Melee Fox on Smash 3ds.

Top Bottom