• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who counters wolf?

vato_break

Smash Master
wolf is very strong and has a good projectile and seems great overall
just wondering who counters wolf.. wolf semms like a beast well actually he is a beast but, you know what i mean.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
ROB / MK (no joke) maybe TL havent played many good ones though

vato_break

Smash Master
oh ok i use TL and i really cant beat my friends wolf
he's a real noob too. all he does is spam his blaster and spam his Fsmash
its really annoying.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have found both Pit and Marth to be very annoying to fight against as Wolf.

dak0tah

Smash Cadet
pit and MK imo simply because wolfs recovery is somewhat lacking and the gliders are known for exceptional edge-guarding

note: im not saying wolf has bad recovery, just not great recovery

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
oh yeah pit for sure, my friends that play pit arent very good though, but i can def see that cause of priority mainly, btw marth is definitely not a wolf counter :/ grounddodge > marth, oh and if you play TL and you cant beat a laser spamming wolf, try sh double arrows (or really any projectile), my blaster = useless vs link and TL, and u got a shield

Juker

Smash Apprentice
Lucas is kinda a ***** when played well. He can be especially annoying if the person playing him doesn't neglect using his down b to counter your laser.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Ike is pretty well balanced against Wolf. I was playing online last night against Wolf and we played some 12 odd matches with either me or him winning almost all of them. Wolf has speed but Ike has power and priority in a lot of moves (save for QD which has lower priority than Wolf's phantasm I think). Close range characters with good range can handle Wolf pretty well.

VormavPrime

Smash Cadet
I personally seem to have trouble against Lucario players. I got 2nd place at a Tournament in Lancaster and well I lost to a Lucario who played some good D against me. Throw spammed me alot. Anyone?

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
Try Meta Knight. Wolf's moves have little lag, but it's enough to Meta Knight to land a hit. He has blindingly fast aerials even in slowmo. His attacks don't have much range, but the speed makes up for it.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Olimar.
His u-tilt out prioritizes Wolf's f-smash, and will actually suck him in and damage him if they connect.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I don't know who counters Wolf, but Wolf definitely counters Peach -_- I can beat my friend's Wolf, but it's really hard. Any tips, Wolf players? >_<

Hose A

Smash Cadet
Lucas is a great counterpick against Wolf. I don't know why, I'm sure there's a reason, but I don't know it. My brother isn't very good, but when he picks Lucas I have a tough time beating him. When my friend uses his Lucario against my Wolf, it's usually about 50/50 for winning. I haven't had too much trouble against Marth or Ike, just range camp them with short hop blasters and then only melee when they come in for the kill.

rm88, for your peach, try to range camp with turnips as much as possible while avoiding as many blaster shots as possible. Wolf has a great range camp, but he also has killer melee attacks, so try not to be hit by them if you can. I don't know all too much about Peach's priority in this game. I mained her in Melee, but they gave her a super nerf, so I moved on *cry*

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I main Marth, and a friend who mains Wolf pretty much destroys me everytime we play.

Of all my alts (in sig) who should I use against Wolf?

Juicy

Smash Apprentice
i see to have trouble geting around marths counter attack. i havent found wolfs grabs all that effective but you need them to get around a good marth. watch out for marth countering in the air since you cant grab in the air

Haarp

Smash Rookie
I main Marth, and a friend who mains Wolf pretty much destroys me everytime we play.
it´s hard beat Wolf with Marth but, when youonly use Marth since Melee and you play 15 hour per week with Marth it´s not to hard, you only have to qounter Wolf and later a Dancing blade or a Dolphing Slash

BUT... like no, in Brawl i main Wolf, for me, it´s too ****ing hard beat a Metaknight!!!! OMG!!!

Bazooka Lucca

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pit, sheik, and Metaknight are the toughest fights for me.

Pit is marth kirby and link into one character after taking alot of crack. I try to fight him on the ground using alot of ground dodges and rolls with some short hops here and there. Down smash is usually the best way to kill him. Get ready to reflect his arrows.

Sheik can be realllly annoying, I end up playing a little defensive against sheik, because she'll punish me everytime I'm in lag.

Metaknight is a *****. His attacks hit both sides of him, his aerials own wolf. I haven't come up with a solid strategy against him. His grab seems to have a longer reach than wolf - which is either a bad perception on my part - or the developers didn't think that one through. Any advice on metaknight would be appreciated.

JCav

Smash Lord
i think pit is the worst person to play as wolf, i actually do pretty good against MK and i TL, i think thiugh wolf doesnt have many weeknessess and is really good

Twilightwolf

Smash Cadet
I haven't found Pit to be that hard honestly... his arrows are fast, but if you sit there with your reflector up, he can't do squat. He comes close... hit 'em hard!!!

With that said, Ike vs Wolf is a 50/50 win situation. Both my friend and I main and second Wolf or Ike (I second Ike, he seconds Wolf) and are pretty equal. It annoys me. In Melee, I always beat him... -_-'

Meta Knight is so hard to beat... but a campy Wolf can do it. I can't.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
rm88, for your peach, try to range camp with turnips as much as possible while avoiding as many blaster shots as possible. Wolf has a great range camp, but he also has killer melee attacks, so try not to be hit by them if you can. I don't know all too much about Peach's priority in this game. I mained her in Melee, but they gave her a super nerf, so I moved on *cry*
Thanks! I'll try to be more campy against Wolf. I had a hard time adjusting to the new Peach, but I'm doing fine ^^

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
I've never had any problems vs. Sheik... Zelda's usually more dangerous since her range is disgustingly good, she's usually too slow though to matter. Pit is a **** but, he's pretty much that way against every character. For those having difficulty with MK, use forward smash a lot. The sweep is difficult ofr a light character to handle.

Top Bottom