• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who counters samus?

mach5

Smash Journeyman
i usually start out with samus. because no one really knows how to play against a samus unless they're uber pro cfalcons, shieks, and marths

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I've found that Marth, Sheik, and Captain Falcon generally do pretty well against Samus. However, I wouldn't quite call them counters.

The main thing is to get used to all of her tricks, because, like mach5 said, Samus has quite the learning curve.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
samus isnt that solid... pretty solid, but not enough. she lacks an amazing move. most of her moves are above average, but none outstanding. well, her recovery and heavy weight make up for some of that though... but you know what i mean. shes a 4 star character

sheik, marth, falcon, and ganon sawce her. and she does alright against spaceys but not spectacular.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
im confident with my samus but if i get owned its time for a character change. no one usually changes into samus unless they get a nice stage that their current character will fail at recovery.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Captain Falcon is a great counter to Samus in my honest opinion. If you asked why, I couldn't tell you. I just know it ***** me.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
ohh alright!

i was looking at the character match up and i didnt see a really definte like matchup against her.

I play ice climbers so im looking for another chracter because we all know what samus vs. ice climbers is like ::explodes::

i am thinking young link? because of his shield, his d-tilt spike and all his projectiles. i already have some experience with him. any suggestions?

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
ohh alright!

i was looking at the character match up and i didnt see a really definte like matchup against her.

I play ice climbers so im looking for another chracter because we all know what samus vs. ice climbers is like ::explodes::

i am thinking young link? because of his shield, his d-tilt spike and all his projectiles. i already have some experience with him. any suggestions?
shiek of marth all the way. you could go cap but its not that much of an advantage and it would take you a lot of training sine you main ics.

samus CAN get *****. But usually doesnt. Cap has a slight advantage, marth a medium advantage and shiek a medium advantage. you should go with skiek if you want quick result or go with cap if you want them gradually but better.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
Marth, Marth, and more Marth

BTW you could have just asked Bino about this Cloudz =D
haha you're totally right adi

and idk..captain falcon and shiek dont appeal to me that much. but i guess i will give it a try. Im still going to work on my young link. Hes mega bad ***.

marth though...i could see me playing :)

The Bino

Smash Lord
Cloudz like Adi said you could've just asked me lol

My matchups that i just hate are Marth and Peach.... those are the only real chars that really counter my playstyle

Sheik against my Samus isn't a counter, my Samus mainly counters almost all Sheiks that i have faced and i laugh at those that go Sheik against my Samus thinking they will get an easy win

Marth is a really great char to use against Samus because of the fact that Grab-> FSmash which is basically guaranteed Tipper, plus Marth can edgeguard Samus rather well

Peach is great against Samus because of a couple of reasons, Dsmash is one of em... her edgeguard against Samus is one of the best i have encountered when facing many many Peach's, they can hit you with Turnips, Float outside to hit you and of course use the Dsmash when you try to sweetspot the ledge and unless tech'd kills you with % above 120% (at least against me)

from what Mars said how Samus counters Samus, because whatever your Samus can do, that Samus can do just as well... baically that matchup turns into whoever can DI better and live the longest will win the match

Pretty much all i gotta say is face me more often and experiment with Marth and Peach if you like those chars, or watch me face Sol, Reject, Ky and Phish and watch the char matchups i go through when i pick Samus and you will learn alot from those matches

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
From what I've read, Link can give Samus a hard time because he can spam his projectiles more and his power and range of his attacks can be hard for Samus.

lillight3

Smash Apprentice
as your fellow teamate, just play samus over and over again. escpecially different styles of samus so then it increases your knowledge of her capabilites. I dont know if I'm making this up or not but when i saw you play those 2 samuses in a row at the tournament it seemed like you sort of froze up every time every time that they missled you where you could have maybe jumped over and ice blocked or something (i have no idea cause i obviously dont play ICs but its just a suggestion)

and if you are really gonna try out marth, i can help you with him and yours will probably be better since your mindgames are way more original than mine if i have any

Zeninko

Smash Rookie
I know this my sound a little off but i think that mario is a counter for samus

mood4food77

Smash Hero
sheik, marth, falcon, peach, and ganon are samus' worst match-ups

she ***** the marios pretty much, she's so hard to juggle

why i hate fighting samus, nothing works on her.;..well, you get the point

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
There are no true samus counters, just people who can do well against her such as elimating her cc game but samus can do well against anyone..no one is going to outright counter her.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I think Sheik is the worst for Samus. And a smart/consistent space animal. But like there's an entire list of characters that **** Samus up in higher level play.

-Falcon
-Ganondorf
-Sheik
-Marth
-Peach
-Fox
-Falco
-Jigglypuff

I really think it's a matter of whether your opponent knows their character's match ups. They be a really solid or good, say, Marth; and get that *** tapped because they don't know how to fight a gay Samus very well.

I've played so many Marths that fell for my tricks, but I'd be watching **** heads all day on other people. But then some of them learn the match up and tada! I get smacked.

But personally my worst match up is Falcon. Missiles mean nothing to him, and he can close the distance between the two of you very quickly, plus small stages mean depressingly quick kills against Falcon unless you know how to escape those combos.

I have two Falcon players in my crew. I used to easily beat them, to the point where it'd be embarassing, but now I have to be absolutely at my most alert when I play them; otherwise I'll get two stocked. Just because they realized how to utilize their character's advantages over Samus.

I find the only way I can **** them is if I control platforms or stay close to the ledge and get them off. When they go off the stage, they stay off. Except Frozen, because he techs as well as anyone out there which always catches me offguard.

I generally employ that same strategy versus Marth as well. Marth is a joke when he's trying to return againt Samus, unless you let him sweetspot the ledge. And it's easy to return versus him if you're knocked off the stage.

The only Marths I fear are the ones who treat every edgeguard like it's their last - they go entirely too far off the stage for that last swipe at you when you least expect it, barely nip you; and get the stock and return to the stage. But besides that Marth is much easier for me than certain other characters.

Peach is a character I recently started getting better against. If you're not dumb enough to fight her on the ground, her most damaging move is useless. In the air you can take advantage off your longer reach, and if I get above a Peach I often use downair and see how they react. If they don't shield they get three or more downairs into a sex kick, if they do shield; then I hope I land behind so I don't get shielgrabbed. >_>

The only thing I hate about that match up, is that she can float so high above you, which makes edgeguarding irritating. Homing missiles only go so high. >_>

A guy in my crew named cmart mained Jigglypuff, and I never won a single match against him. Of course he knew my game inside out because he also used Samus, but it was pretty traumatizing. Everytime I went off stage I'd die because he jumped straight into my bombs.

If I ever used a missile it got WoPed or crouched under. And I was afraid to use anything slow because I'd get rested more often than not. Of course though this is probably just me. But another Samus main in my crew has a bad Jigglypuff record as well. In more than one tournament he was 2-0'd by a Jiggly named Aero.

But yeah it may just be us. Because while cmart ***** me, he'd never beaten Jasona's Samus whenever they played, though they had close matches. So I guess it's more strategy in that match up than overall better character.

Against space animals I'm so randomly bad. The only way I can beat them, is by controlling the platforms and gimp killing like a mother****er. Same as with Captain Falcon for me. Lots of tilting, lots of downsmashing, lots of upthrows and gay edgeguarding.

Another match up I kinda like a Sheik. You can **** her up with platforms, though your missiles mean **** to her. She's somewhat easy to edgeguard unless you don't beat that teleport. All I really hate about the match up is being shield grabbed.

When I get needles thrown at me a lot, I start to become impatient and try to rush the Sheik, and then improperly space an aerial and get shield grab. The Sheik I play loves to shield grab, he shows no mercy with his Sheik ways. I get ***** by needles when returning and also the entire match. So I actually really, really, hate this match up, but I like it when I downsmash a Sheik off the stage.

And I hate Ganondorf. I've died unexpectedly from four-five hits numerous times. >_>

Top Bottom